The Raven Inn
Abbey Grange Hotel(Llangollen)
$93
Agoda.com
$58
Travelodge Chester Northop Hall(Northop Hall)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Chainbridge Hotel(Llangollen)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
All reviewscommunity runthe pubbeers and cidersfor sunday lunchsuperb mealpicturesque villagefish n chipsscampiroast potatoeslovely foodlocal breweryrouladeone night staywonderful weekendoffa's dykemountain bikingnorth wales
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

As always, The Raven makes you feel welcome. We have been there for a meal or just for a drink on a few occasions and never been disappointed. The villagers make you welcome and the ambience in the pub is friendly & inviting. The meals are good value for money and, like other pubs, they have specialty nights, which have been well attended on the days we have eaten there. I would recommend the place to anyone who asked about it. I haven't stayed there for a night, but I was shown the rooms that have been done up so far, and thought they were tastefully done, as befits a pub ( not a hotel). Congratulations to those that volunteer to keep the pub up and running; you are doing a grand job! Each time I come something new has been accomplished. I am impressed with what you have achieved so far. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ros C
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice village, but the pub did look a tad shabby inside and out. The toilets a bit dirty, and no toilet roll. It could do with some cosmetic updating especially the bar area.

We recently had a meal, it was cold and everything seemed to be cut into tiny pieces as if it was meant to be left overs for the church mice.

Wont be coming again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marg J
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Sorry Raven, you didn't get it quite right when we visited the pub last week. Whilst staff were friendly, there was little atmosphere, the room was dark and dreary and, whilst appreciating there had been some water leakage - the decor was very poor. The food was adequate, but quite small portions and it was disappointing to be given a soup spoon to eat dessert with!!

Come on Raven - you can do better than that.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TAMALIN
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in the pub for 8 nights in September while visiting my mother who lives in the village. I found everyone extremely friendly and helpful from the moment I made my booking by telephone from Tasmania. As a tired slightly disorientated traveller the warm welcome I recieved on arrival was much appreciated as was the lovely meal we had that evening - the tempura battered vegetables were exceptional!
The recently refurbished room with self catering facilities was very comfortable and the pub meals were excellent and good value. The relaxed friendly atmosphere in the pub was quite special and a credit to the hard working volunteers, staff and locals. My stay at the Raven Inn in Llanarmon-yn-lal was a pleasant bonus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KvD_12
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This pub is a gem. We spent a weekend in the area, and were recommended this pub on our first night. What a welcome we received - everyone was so friendly and helpful. The food was great - so good, we decided to return the following evening for an oriental themed evening which which also far exceeded our expectations. If you are in the area - then I would urge you to seek it out. If only more pubs were like this - reminded me of our local, before it was closed and turned into a residential property .... if only we had realised what is possible if the community get together.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends