“One of the best place's i have ever stopped in”

and 1 more site!
Granada Park Apartments
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just back from a week away to this apartments and all i can say is fantastic it was the first all inclusive we stopped in and we are going back if there was only one thing at this time of year the entertainment was a little slow and there is no park for the kids but over all SUPER PLACE.

Room Tip: we stopped in rooms 15/16 and it was ideal for for the pub/food and pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank chrisarme
There are newer reviews for Granada Park Apartments

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel/Apartment complexes have never appealed to me in the slightest and I would always stay in a villa as remotely as possible, but I have to say, I was quite impressed with the apartments. I have just come back after staying with 6 friends for a hen weekend, and we stayed all inclusive for 3 nights. When we arrived the receptionist was very polite and helpful.

The apartments were clean and spacious with a fitted kitchen, lounge, big bathroom and bedroom with 2 double doors out to a large balcony overlooking the pool; we could even see the sea from our balcony! The sofa bed (which was just a foam block!) was a little dirty and needed a new cover so I did end up sleeping in the bed with the other 2 girls which was comfortable enough. We did have to ask for extra pillows though as you only get one.

Breakfast in the mornings is pleasant enough with plenty of fruit (albeit a bit bruised), beans, sausages, egg etc. The "bacon" was not edible at all, it was like strips of plastic! I wouldn't touch the meat there, but that could just be me and my fussy habits. Lunch was pretty basic and tea would normally be practically the same as lunch! so pretty disappointing, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I don't know why people are saying the location was awful, because it was only a 10-15 minute stroll to the town and another 5 or so to the beach! For me thats pretty much perfect.. unless you expect it handed to you on a plate outside your doorstep. Taxi was only 4.5 euros to the town and nightclubs.

If you are big drinkers... stay away from the vodka. It is so cheap it will have you keeled over in a corner within 30 minutes! My friend got VERY ill and had gone from sober to paralytic within 20 minutes having drunk vodka and cokes all evening (even though we were only out for 40 minutes!!) The people are lovely though, they helped me get her back to the taxis!

The pool area at the hotel was nice and spacious. I think we got lucky as there weren't that many people there so sunbeds were plentiful. The smaller pool is slightly heated so it is just the right temperature; I think the bigger one must have been cold as hardly anyone went in it!

You have to pay to use the safe in the rooms 10 euro deposit then 2.50 euros per night (bit of a rip off really) and a late checkout is 15 euros.

Although we only stayed 3 nights, the cleaner made our beds everyday and bleached the bathroom after our friends messy night!! Very pleased with their service.

Cut off point for the resort is 11pm and a security guard patrols the apartments and watches your balconies so make sure you're quiet after 11 as we had them knocking on our door when we were trying to look after our drunken friend!

The shops in town are open until 10pm most nights and its lovely walking along the beach in the dark!

Overall, I was happy with the accommodation, though I wouldn't choose to stay here again as I prefer a private villa.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Rach1092
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where to start. Room was dirty, double glazing didn't stop noise, seems they have lots of hen & stag parties. All we heard for 2 weeks was people shouting across the development from 4am in the morning to the early hours of the following day. Apartments are so thin that you can't get any piece and quiet. We complained 6 times and nothing was done, seems manager was never there, or just couldn't be bothered. People smoke and drop ash over balcony as no ashtrays. If you have booked, I would get a refund.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Playmusic2000
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for a short break in Feb to escape the British winter. Our room was very big, clean and comfortable with a large balcony overlooking the pool area. Although the hotel was located outside the main resort, it was a 15-20 minute walk to the beach. Food was disappointing with a limited range and was the same every day. Craig David was played almost constantly in both the restaurant and pool area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I really don't know where to begin.........this hotel is quite a bit out of the way and it is a long walk to the town or the beach however the hotel does offer a bus service twice in the morning and one pick up back to the hotel in the evening. The outside of the hotel is underdeveloped so looks like a rubbish tip! On arrival our room was not ready we had to wait two hours however when we got to our room It was clean and very spacious. It consisted of a large bedroom a bathroom, kitchen and living area. I then realised there was no kettle or even a basic hairdryer which most hotels offer these days when I asked reception it was 15 euros to hire a kettle for the week with a 10 euro deposit I didn't bother. Me and my boyfriend had chosen this hotel as a couples/family resort hotel and stayed on an all inclusive board basis. This for us felt like we where on a half board - Breakfast was 700-1000 then the pool bar did not open until 11.00 and then lunch was 1300-1500 and dinner between 19.00-22.00 if you got hungry between these times it was pretty much tough which I found unusual for an all inclusive hotel and parents with kids had to pay for kiddies ice-creams during the day. The entertainment each night was pretty much the same some kind of animal show which was mainly for kids nothing really for adults I could of understood this on a school holiday period but it wasn't. Housekeeping was every third day so twice during a weeks stay and this is when your towels got replaced and I got refused clean towels when I asked.......so guess what one night I seen a comp full on clean towels and I took some so we would have clean towels to use for the rest of our stay. Also this hotel prefers you to use the shower instead of a bath and I didn't realise if you took a bath there would be no hot water for a couple of hours so my boyfriend had to wait! While on our stay my boyfriend was unwell on one of our days there and I was very horrified one morning when I went to get us two cups of coffee and a couple of yoghurts to take them back to the room and one of the staff there chased me back to near our room and was really rude and ingnorant telling me I was no allowed to take this away from the breakfast area even though I had put them in plastic cups and even though I tried to explain he was unwell. Food is pretty much repetitive there is not much choice the salad look really fresh and is good but the rest of the food its normally cold. I also think this hotel needs to decide whether it is a family/couples hotel or 18/30 thursday all the hen and stag partys got to the hotel and I know they are there to have fun but I didn't expect it at this hotel..... they got quite loud and boisterous and unfortunately they started to mess around near the kids pool throwing parasols in etc so the little kids had to be taken away by the parents which I thought was quite sad. It also got rowdy at night once they had landed which affected quite a lot of others guest sleep.I would definately not recommend this hotel, I would recommend paying an extra 50 quid and stay at Paradise Park where you will have a fantastic holiday...........

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa_Jamie_13
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed for a week my my GF in February. Location is terrible and even that we had car hired it was still annoying to get from and to the hotel. Hotel is far away from any beach or town center and is very close to busy roundabout and highway exit.
Rooms are big. Very big for two. This is the only benefit of the hotel.
Cleaning is a joke as they clean only every 3rd day (twice a week) and the same they change towels. First day we took shower straight after the check in and as the waste pipe in the bathroom was blocked i used my towel to dry the floor. Later evening i was going to take shower again and my GF went to the reception for new towel. She was refused as the next changing day for towels is monday. This was on Friday. Terrible service and the girl on the reception wasnt nice either as my GF came really angry because of her attitude.
Food is poor. Its ok for 1 or 2 days but after we start going crazy as every day is the same. We were only HB but i will not go even that. Breakfast is definitely the best food from the day but all products used are really low quality. If you are HB you need to pay for your drinks. This is a bit annoying as they charge 2 euro for glass of post mix coke for the dinner. I do understand that they charge for drinks at the pool bar but drinks should be free with the dinner if you are HB. They are not.
Two pools. Big one is cold and small is overcrowded with tourist. I was sorry for them as they are staying all day in this boring hotel. I stayed only one day at the hotel and never again.
Evening shows are worst then i thought they could be. 10 people watching very poor shows including some dance and singing sometimes animals. Really annoying is when is quiet, you are going to fall sleep and suddenly at 22.20 woman taking microphone and singing some stupid song. I really don't understand point of these shows as nobody watch them anyway. And if your apartment facing inside of the complex you cant really go sleep before the show finish. Just and not only for this reason i will never come again.
I have been in Tenerife for many times but never stayed in such a bad hotel like Granada. Some where cheaper and not that big rooms but at least the staff were nice and they clean and change towels more often.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fils33
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for a week Feb half term 2013. Complex good, apartment clean, spacious nicely decorated. Pools in need of TLC, but much fun still had. Don't be fooled by the forbidden towels on sunbeds, all taken by 10.00. Entertainment definately 3 star. Big let down was the food, breakfast - ok, same everyday, lunch - not bad, but not great, dinners - try the soup, but if it says vegetarian look out for the meat. Biggest tip I can give you is the microwave, you will need to use this if you like eating hot!!! food. On many occasions the pasta was uncooked and still solid. Location was quiet, if going into town take the back door as this hill isn't as steep as the front door. This hotel would be a great self catering 3 star holiday. But with all that said we still had a great family holiday :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
#17 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Laguna Park 1
Laguna Park 1
#45 of 59 in Costa Adeje

Been to Granada Park Apartments? Share your experiences!