“cheap as chips so so dont expect the ritz!”

Apartments Costamar
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really dont know what people were expecting for the price they have paid to stay here! its not as bad as people are making out, its a one star appartment for gods sake if they were expecting something more thaty what they got then go for a higher star apartments!!!
My parents have stayed in costa mar 5 years in a row without ever a complaint some years the rooms have been better than others but thats pretty standard whereever u go! other family members have also stayed here and have had no problems.
my fiance and i have just come back from a weeks stay in the cosar mar along with my parents and yes i agree my room was very basic but absoloutly fine for a place to sleep! our bed wasnt very comfy but im fusy when it comes to what bed i sleep in but i still slept well! We had a beautiful view from our balcony and the apartment was cleaned three times with clean sheets and towels changed once which for me is fine for a weeks stay..
My parents room was alot nicer than mine and there beds were much more comfy too but hay ho thats life i was still happy with what i had!
The only thing i was disapointed with was the fact they have no pool but we were aloud to use the one in the hotel across the road called paloma beach and that was lovely so the only disapointment i had was easily resolved!

If all your looking for is a basic room to sleep at night close to the beach with some lovely views then costa mar is the place to come! Remember you get what you pay for and its only a one star so if ur expecting anything ,more your be disapointed. but please ignore the negitive revieews as everyone has their own opinions and like me may be surprised with how lovely it actually is! Book it and come and see for yourself im sure your stay will be just as delightful as mine and my families have been ...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank mazza1979-13

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My father booked to stay here for a week in February. Unfortunately he died at Christmas. We had to cancel all the holidays that he had booked. All flight and hotel companies cancelled with a full refund (on receipt of death certificate). The costa mar apartments said although they were sorry for our loss they were not prepared to make any refund! They were given 2 months notice but still refused! Do not do business with these people. We are disgusted that people like this are still in business

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Glen1976
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Look, was just cheap and cheerful. Very basic but for the money was grand if you just want a base. I thought it was perfect; ok was not pretty but was nice and quiet and the view was to die for every night to sit and watch the harbour before going to bed. No it's not classy, but if you on a budget or just looking for a place to kip this is the place. No pool was a bummer but the one across the road was lovely.

Room Tip: Bay facing apts are lovely at night time/evening time
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DJMandybird
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we have just returned from these apartments and it was by far the worse bog standard apartment we av ever stayed in!!!it was dismal and dangerous!!!all plug sockets hanging off the walls and as we were self catering we only had 3 gas rings to cook on and nothing eles,the beds were stained and the cleaner only came in to empty the bin.we spoke to many people that said many apartments were owned by british people and were very modern and clean (home from home),unfortunatly we must have bin in an apartment owned by the spanish!!!!the pool however was condemned but we were allowed to go over the road to palomas beach and use their pool which was lovely and clean thank god!!! we would advice anyone that is planning to go to these apartments to avoid apartment 135 as after complaining nothing was done to solve the problems!!!! the only nice thing about 135 was the view and location,very very dissapointed!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bev W
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We did not stay at these apartments but a hotel further along the sea front. We would walk past every day and the pool is closed it looks very run down and I checked on my return on the internet as I was curious of the history of this place. I think in it's heyday it was very nice, the professional photo's are so deceiving. I suppose you get what you pay for, but my advice go somewhere else!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LossieStevenage
Reviewed September 5, 2012

with this apartment you get what you pay for, myself and my friend have stayed here for a week and have found everything better than we expected after reading reviews, the legends bar is very welcoming Carol and Graham and Taffy are ace and very helpful, `pool still out of use but the pool at the palma beach over the road is lovely and are more than happy to have people round there pool, the internet is free aslo in legends and round the pool you can pay 2euro for an hour if you want to, the room was basic but we managed to make a full english in the kitchen lol, there is a small beach at the back and its a good ten min walk to a main nice beach, all in all i was very shocked n happy to say its a good place to stay , dont let all the bad reviews put you off, oh and each apartment is different and im sure if your not happy they would be more than happy to move you x

Room Tip: book direct with costa mar ... and always expect what you pay for,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Ginny B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I mistakenly reviewed the wrong apartments!!
These are the apartments in los cristianos - tenerife-
Just returned from 2 weeks there - the only thing stopping us from packing up and coming home was making some great friends and finding a wonderful pool just across the road - and the hotel staff did not tell us about this place - our new frinds did. The apartments are advertised with a lovely picture of a pool - it has been out od order for 3 years!! The owner apparently refuses to spend on anything - the rooms are very basic, the sheets were never changed and the cleaner appeared for 3/4 mintues every 3/4 days. The pots and pans in the kitchen were falling to pieces, the cutlery not fit for an animal! No toaster or kettle, the only thing that worked was the fridge! I nearly broke my hand on the first day - the handles and locks have obviously been broken and just moved closer to the edge - be careful! Thre are 15 floors, we were on the 13th, great views but very dangerous and not good if you have a fear of heights. The beds have the thineest mattresses possible and no support so be prepared to have an ching back for your entire holiday! The only thing clean and attractive is the entrance hall - cleaned vigourously every day - obviouslt to foll prospective clients. The residents that live there have dogs and bicycles in their rooms so the lift is often full of bicycles or dog poo! We thought we had bagged a bargain but the apartments across the road could have been booked for £200 less and their rooms have everything including a flat screen TV!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family