I recently returned (on Friday) from Tenerife where I stayed at the Los Alisios. As a 22 year old (alongside 3 24 year olds) the atmosphere at the hotel was rather quiet but perfect for what we needed. The rooms were clean and the maid service was excellent. During our stay we had an issue with our toilet and the bulb went in the bathroom light but this was spotted by the maids and fixed during the day before we even noticed it had happened!
The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the Los Cristianos beach and a 45 minute walk from Playa De Las Americas which is a much more lively area of South Tenerife -- well worth a visit as is the Veronicas Strip. This is perfect for those people who enjoy a stroll in the day and the evening as it is a lovely walk along the coast. The destination was perfect for us as we were close enough to the hustle and bustle to walk but not so close that it kept us awake at night,
Many reviews on this website centre around the fact that the hotel is mostly occupied by French people. Although this is true and we were one of a few British groups, this is nothing to worry about; the atmosphere remains friendly and all of the staff speak fluent English and are very accommodating, especially in the restaurant. The staff are also very lively and spend a lot of effort making sure all guests are involved in day and evening activities.
If you are fussy with food I would suggest that this is not the hotel for you as there is no plain food, a lot of fish and the vegetables are very garlicy but for someone who is not fussy was delicious nonetheless.
The pool area and communal areas are very well maintained and extremely clean; no complaints in this area.
Overall, I have no gripes about the hotel although I don't doubt that other young people may find it a little subdued and possibly a little far from the areas which are usually dominated by the younger generation. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a central location in Tenerife where you can relax and are prepared to walk a little way for the nightlife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A large one bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor of this complex, mainly used by families and couples. Situated in a quiet area but close to all amenities and only 10 minutes walk to the town centre and 15 minutes to the beach, Los Alisios is an ideal choice for a relaxing holiday. The swimming pool which is heated in the winter has a separate childrens' area. There are lifts to all floors, a bar/restaurant shop and laundrette on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coral Los Alisios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Alisios Hotel Los Cristianos
- Ramada Los Cristianos
- Los Alisios Cristianos
- Coral Los Alisios Tenerife/Los Cristianos