I firmly believe a holiday is what you make it but I have to say I did struggle with this one. I think the fault lies both with the hotel and Thomas Cook. If Thomas Cook had been more honest in their descriptions then we would not have booked it. The location is a 25 min walk downhill to the seafront. The elderly people in my party found it a struggle, I found it a struggle and I have good health. Taxis to the seafront are 7euro, so if you really on taxis twice a day its a major chunk of budget. Theres no direct bus to save costs. Coming up hill twice or more a day soon took its toil. But like I say I blame Thomas Cook for not being more honest when I booked this last min holiday. They said the beach was 15 min walk away and there was no mentions of hills. We paid £303 each for our package self catering holiday. Sadly the hotel is a disappointment. Staff are lovely as was the Thomas Cook Rep but the apartment is so shabby. Cracked pictures, mould growing inside pictures. Cracked sink, The sofa smells of greasy mans hair ;-( It really is past its best. The beds are very hard and the pillows are tissue thin and yet full of lumps. Our apartment was Block b and a absolute nightmare. A very busy road runs along the back of the apartment and traffic runs 24 hrs a day so no peace in the bedroom, sun rises on this side but you can't open the curtains as theres a walkway and then road going past. On the front of the apartment we were in total darkness, as we were low down the sun only reached our balcony from 4 til 5 and then it set. The balcony was actually too cold to sit on. The apartment was in permanent darkness, only thing I could say it was probably cooler than the others. I didn't mind the lack of a/c or fan but some type of extractor fan or ventilation in the bathroom would have been nice.
It is also very noisy from the bar, noise just drifts up through the apartments. You woluld hear loads of noise and yet when you look out there might be 2 drunken brits dancing on their own. But the noise wasn't a massive issue, it would have been nicer to have had peace during the night to sleep. We did need some repairs were done in hours and I was pleased about that and also when asked for extra linen recieved that quickly which is more than can be said about other places I have stayed. I wouldn't stay here again but thats due to the location, its impossible to come and go from the apartment without major planning or packing a bag for the day. But if you have no mobility problems and can get it cheap enough then I would be happy to recommend to others as long as you know what your getting. Just to add on the kitchen was extremly welled stock every item required for a self catering holiday. TV is dreadful, only one channel sky news.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A large one bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor of this complex, mainly used by families and couples. Situated in a quiet area but close to all amenities and only 10 minutes walk to the town centre and 15 minutes to the beach, Los Alisios is an ideal choice for a relaxing holiday. The swimming pool which is heated in the winter has a separate childrens' area. There are lifts to all floors, a bar/restaurant shop and laundrette on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Los Alisios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Alisios Hotel Los Cristianos
- Ramada Los Cristianos
- Los Alisios Cristianos
- Coral Los Alisios Tenerife/Los Cristianos