“A disappointment”
Review of Coral Los Alisios

Coral Los Alisios
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I firmly believe a holiday is what you make it but I have to say I did struggle with this one. I think the fault lies both with the hotel and Thomas Cook. If Thomas Cook had been more honest in their descriptions then we would not have booked it. The location is a 25 min walk downhill to the seafront. The elderly people in my party found it a struggle, I found it a struggle and I have good health. Taxis to the seafront are 7euro, so if you really on taxis twice a day its a major chunk of budget. Theres no direct bus to save costs. Coming up hill twice or more a day soon took its toil. But like I say I blame Thomas Cook for not being more honest when I booked this last min holiday. They said the beach was 15 min walk away and there was no mentions of hills. We paid £303 each for our package self catering holiday. Sadly the hotel is a disappointment. Staff are lovely as was the Thomas Cook Rep but the apartment is so shabby. Cracked pictures, mould growing inside pictures. Cracked sink, The sofa smells of greasy mans hair ;-( It really is past its best. The beds are very hard and the pillows are tissue thin and yet full of lumps. Our apartment was Block b and a absolute nightmare. A very busy road runs along the back of the apartment and traffic runs 24 hrs a day so no peace in the bedroom, sun rises on this side but you can't open the curtains as theres a walkway and then road going past. On the front of the apartment we were in total darkness, as we were low down the sun only reached our balcony from 4 til 5 and then it set. The balcony was actually too cold to sit on. The apartment was in permanent darkness, only thing I could say it was probably cooler than the others. I didn't mind the lack of a/c or fan but some type of extractor fan or ventilation in the bathroom would have been nice.
It is also very noisy from the bar, noise just drifts up through the apartments. You woluld hear loads of noise and yet when you look out there might be 2 drunken brits dancing on their own. But the noise wasn't a massive issue, it would have been nicer to have had peace during the night to sleep. We did need some repairs were done in hours and I was pleased about that and also when asked for extra linen recieved that quickly which is more than can be said about other places I have stayed. I wouldn't stay here again but thats due to the location, its impossible to come and go from the apartment without major planning or packing a bag for the day. But if you have no mobility problems and can get it cheap enough then I would be happy to recommend to others as long as you know what your getting. Just to add on the kitchen was extremly welled stock every item required for a self catering holiday. TV is dreadful, only one channel sky news.

Room Tip: Block B backs onto the road which is 24 hrs, avoid.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheToothFairyBelfast
There are newer reviews for Coral Los Alisios

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My Wife and I arrived at the Los Alisios apartments for a fortnights holiday on the 10th of November.
When we arrived there our room wasn't ready and then when we got into the room it was a hovel and nothing like it was advertised.
I took my wife here for her birthday only for us to be let down.
The apartment was dated and dull with no proper ventilation in the bedroom part of the apartment.
The bedet had two large cracks on it, the ceramic toilet roll holder had a hole in it with very sharp edges.
The fridge was all black and rusted at the bottom and there were gaps around the sockets.
I ran a bath and before going to have my bath i decided to have a cup of tea and a cigarette on the balcony, when I finished my tea and ciggy and went to have my bath the water had all run away.
The beds were hard and matressess thin and useless, I complained to the person at the reception desk in the morning only to be told that we were in one of the best four apartments in the complex.
he did say he would get the mattresses changed after my wife and i slept on the corner settee in the livingroom area of the apartment.
we went to the beach for the day and on our return the mattresses had been changed, but only for one's that were about 4 inches on eah side of the beds too narrow, so another night was spent on the sofa for my wife and i.
Having been told that we were in one of the four best apartments in the complex we decided that we couldn't stay there any longer and paid 300 Euros to move to a private apartment.
We stayed in apartment 4b and i definately would not recommend these apartments to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jmcdo07
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We rented apartment 404c. For a long weekend in November 2012. It was clean and had a great sunset view until it went down below the mountain. One of the rooms was internal so I could imagine it being quite hot in the summer time as their is no A/C. It was manageable in November. Staying here in November was very quiet so would have been great for families. There is a bus a very short walk from the apartment that would take you to the airport or about a 20 euro taxi ride.
Overall I would recommend this apartment and would go again.

Room Tip: the higher up the better view of the sea and sunset, and the quieter from the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank cathyfifi
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked through Thomas Cook hoping for a better experience than when we've booked holidays ourselves with accommodation and flights separately. When we first arrived there (August 2009) was nobody to direct us to our apartment, a real hit and miss affair. Quite surprised at the size of the accommodation, but that is where the nice surprises finished. No sign of holiday rep on day one, requests at reception led to nothing. We hijacked another holiday companies rep to finally get some contact. We were situated right above the shop/bar/cafe which shouldn't have been too bad but when people come back to the complex at 2am and start to play pool and play music from mobile phones it becomes a problem. The next issue is the pool... lots of local youths took over the pool as there was no security. Like sardines in a tin!!! Not pleasurable in the slightest. No room to sunbath around the pool either, literally standing room only. Then we had to endure local residents in their apartments singing Christmas carols in broken English in the early hours and having abuse hurled at us. We eventually got moved to a much nicer complex on the other side of the resort closer to Americas. We spent as little time as possible in the apartment in Los Alisios, thank goodness the beaches are nice and we found some nice bars in the Avenida de Sanfrancisco to enjoy the balmy evenings. I'd definitely go to Los Cristianos again but there is no way at all you could get me to go back to this place, holiday from hell springs to mind...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mark O
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel, although kept clean, is not 3 star quality, it is tired and in desperate need of a complete refurbishment. There is no air conditioning and the bedrooms being very small make sleeping extremely uncomfortable. The hotel is geared up for French guests which meant almost all of the important information in the reception area is in French. We only used the hotel as a base so the catering and entertainment, which again was in French, was not a factor but if you are thinking of staying here as a non French speaking family, think again. If you need to watch a bit of TV after the children have gone to bed the only English TV channel was Sky news.The swimming pool was the only positive comment that we can give it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Colcolpop
Reviewed October 6, 2012

lovely spacious apartments, very clean only thing lacking was air conditioning.Would def get a 4 star rating if air conditioning was provided. About a 25 minute walk downhill to the beach. Didnt try the all inclusive option so cant rate it. We were lucky to hire a fan from reception because it was extremely hot for september. Entertainment seems to be all focused for the french but that didnt bother us. Staff very friendly and bedding towels changed very frequently.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joan M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

this was our 3rd holiday at the Los Alisios we find the staff very friendly the rooms spacious and kept clean. There is a lot of French tourists there but we didnt find them rude we are a couple and enjoy getting away from normal English life there isnt a lot of entertainment on but that is not what we go on holiday for if we did we would go to Butlins!! The staff rememberd us from previous visits and welcomed us back with open arms. The food is fine unless you are fussy there was always something we liked although they do serve a lot of fish. i would recommend this hotel to my friends. The hotel is a walk up hill from the beach but taxis and buses arent expensive.

Room Tip: i would recommend B block if you want sun on an evening or A block for sun on a morning on your balc...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple