“winter sun break”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Bromborough, United Kingdom
“winter sun break”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We decided on a week in the sun and opted for All Inclusive at Paradise Park.Turned out to be a very comfortable and friendly hotel,staff always seem to wear a smile while being very busy.We were suppose to be in a pool view room but as it was on the corner of the hotel the pool was only just in sight.should have complained but didn't.We also requested a bath but didn't have one.All in all the hotel was good and the food excellent,the evening entertainment was some of the best we have experienced.Would go back without doubt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Ian S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,014)
  • Polish first
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Have been on several all-inclusive holidays in the Canaries and this is by far the best. This was our second visit. Had a minor problem with the room but were immediately given another room. Rooms are quite large and the bathroom must have had the largest shower in the world. Food quality is good. The restaurant can be busy at breakfast times and it is sometimes necessary to queue. Staff very friendly. A superb roof terrace (and bar) for adults only with wonderful views of the sea. Another adults only sun-bathing area away from the pool. A large hotel which is a little out of town, but at least its away from noisy bars etc.

2 Thank HolsGlossop
North Wales
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We've just got back from a week's stay at the Paradise Park, where we had booked half board in a 'Superior' room.
We booked in and were shown to this shabby little room - my wife was silent - bad news - this was not what we had expected. The room was small, the decor was in a state of disrepair, and the smell, well enough of that. Don't even mention the view (lack of).
So we complained and the sheepish looking receptionist agreed that it was not suitable, and said the we would be given a new room next morning, and did issue us with an all-inclusive upgrade, which went someway to rectify the situation. I have to mention that during our stay at least 5 other guests complained about not getting the right rooms. Whether this is an actual glitch in the hotel's booking system or whether there is another reason -I couldn't possibly comment - but either way it needs sorting

Right, that was the bad news (apart from a rant by one of the receptionists regarding their mix-up with the safe card), the rest is all good.
The hotel is of a good standard, the food is good (even get sausages without garlic in for breakfast!), and the staff are generally fantastic. The entertainment,which is subjective, was mixed, some good, some awful.
However, after all this will we return - mmm - yes!

Room Tip: Check with the Hotel before you get on the plane - rooms on the higher floors facing the pool are ni...
1 Thank LlwynogNorthWales
Shaw, Oldham
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just had a very enjoyable week at this hotel. Food is excellent, great choice of pools and very clean accommodation. A word of warning though. We had paid for a Superior Room with a pool view. On arrival, we were allocated a room on the first floor which overlooked the road and clearly was not a superior room. We went to reception and they admitted we were not in a superior room but had nothing better to offer us that night. The next day, however, they offered us a Premium Salon in a block outside the main building. This was lovely with a large sitting area, kitchenette, separate bedroom and a large balcony which faced the sea (albeit in the distance). My advice would be complain if you are unhappy with your room and the staff will take steps to put things right.
Entertainment is offered each night. We didn't see everything but the tribute shows to Queen and Abba are worth a look. The venue isn't ideal as the room has a number of pillars which block the view so you need to get there early to get a good seat. Drinks are very expensive especially the soft drinks 2.20 Euros for a small diet coke!
If you want to venture further afield for some night life, the Bulls Head has a great live rock band called the Vagabonds. Bojangles near to the hotel offers some good singers too. We only ate out once because the hotel food was excellent but would recommend the Cottage Restaurant. The portions are ENORMOUS and we had a lovely chateaubriand provencale - the order for 2 people could definitely have fed four.
All in all, Los Cristianos is good for a week's winter sunshine. If you are looking for something a bit more upmarket, try Costa Adeje a few miles up the coast. You can actually walk right around the bay from Los Cristianos via Playa de Las Americas - great for a leisurely stroll, stopping off at some of the numerous bars and restaurants on the way.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views.
3 Thank SunloverShaw
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel positives - buffet breakfast and evening meal of a good standard!
Hotel negatives - absolutely awful entertainment, a long way from the beach, mattresses on beds appalling quality, gym equipment in poor state of repair, lack of info from the Holiday Rep...the list goes on! I have NEVER complained about any aspects of any holiday but I felt compelled to do so on this occasion. Holidaying as a couple we paid an extra £84 for a sea/pool view and requested to be higher up. On arrival we were given a room on a lower level and our balcony looking over a kiddies playground, which was a few feet from us. Hotel reception were most unhelpful when we requested a move. 'Put up and shut up' basically. Our Rep was marginally better...she even commented about a couple of pool areas that we should avoid as they were "full of Germans in Speedos". Totally inappropriate! The 'straw that broke the camels' back' came in the shape of a little Spanish shuttle bus driver - we were so far from the resort centre that a courtesy bus was provided by the hotel. On 2 occasions this driver groped my breast and on 1 occasion he patted my behind, then to be told it's 'part of his charm' made me sick to my stomach. As a mother of teenage daughters I would have reacted a lot differently if he had touched them! We decided to walk/taxi after that. I complained to Thomson who apologised and said they would feed back to the hotel and Rep. I'm not holding my breath! I would certainly return to Los Cristianos but NO WHERE NEAR this place!

4 Thank PUDDYWUDDY
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Just came back today from my very first holiday on my own. I stayed at this hotel because of the adult only areas. I was extremely upset on arrival to find my room over looked the road. My travel agent had email requesting a pool view. When I complained I was told that there were only 8 rooms specifically for single guests which were all over looking the road. If I wanted to upgrade from the classic room (which single guests get) I would have to pay an extra 90€. I was so angry and upset but the reception staff were not interested. Needless to say I slept very poorly as the road was busy and kept getting woken up. I only made my breakfast 4 out of the 9 times due to being exhausted (I was all inclusive). Like other reviews I heard from other guests who complained and got their room upgraded or got changed from half board to all inclusive but nothing like that happened when I complained. On a more positive note. The food was lovely and a great variety. Hotel spotless. I spent my time on the roof and the staff at the bar area were so friendly and could not do enough for you. There were plenty of sun beds available. Also a good variety of entertainment to suit everyones taste throughout the day and evening. I went for my 50th birthday and some R&R. On my birthday when I went to my room in the evening I found a bucket with sparkling wine and 2 glasses also a card wishing me a happy birthday from the staff. I thought that was lovely of them and such a surprise :-). I would have given this hotel 100% for all areas if not for room location. Would I go back? Well most definitely not as a single guest !!! :-(

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Erica M
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were in a classic room which turned out to be an apartment with all the facilities for self catering. Not a good view but it was quiet and the sun was on the balcony on an afternoon. The mattress was too firm for me but spoke to reception and it was changed straight away. Two adult pools, kids pool which open at 9am and another two family pools which opens at 10am but they are separate and you need your key to open the gate to get in.
Food is quite good and plentiful.
Entertainment was good all except Elvis he was rubbish.
To get to some of the classic rooms you go down or up stairs so if you have problems with walking beware and the path leading to the restaurant can be slippy when wet.
Good holiday, staff were all friendly would consider going back.

Room Tip: Join the amigos club which is linked with the hotel and email them (which can be found on hotel web...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Spring Arona Gran Hotel
#4 of 14 in Los Cristianos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,276 reviews
Tagoro Family & Fun Costa Adeje

Been to Paradise Park Fun Lifestyle Hotel? Share your experiences!