“Nice Break away from the cold and rain”

Paradise Park Fun Lifestyle Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arrived late on 10th October to the sound of an excellent "Queen" tribute band so got off to a good start. First impressions of the hotel were good with an excellent receptionist who dealt with me promptly and explained loads about the hotel and its facilities. Walked out of the hotel and down the road about 200 meters away came across a cluster of bars giving cheap beer,good karaoki and entertainment in the form of comedy/tribute acts. I found Bojangles to be my favorite bar with two excellent comperes throughout my stay and really good artists.
I enjoyed the facility of the adults only pool on the rooftop,the gates did not open until 9.00am so there was never a problem with towels being placed on the beds.Sunbed every day without fail what a bonus.
Went half board and could not find fault with the food,breakfast was the usual with freshly made pancakes,toasties,eggs readily available. Evening meals had plenty of choice with the chef producing turkey carved from the bone,tasty freshly cooked chicken breast,freshly cooked red salmon - excellent.
Felt the entertainment dipped a bit during the rest of my stay but it probably suited other peoples tastes as it was busy in the bar every night.
Away from the hotel on the sea front a pint of local lager was on sale at 95 cents which was less than 80p a pint - you cannot beat that for value.
Would also recommend the boat trip out to see the whales out at sea,would not have missed that experience, unfortunately no dolphins were spotted on the trip but to see a pilot whale almost within touching distance was a wonderful experience.
In summary my 5 day break away from the cold was a success and will do it again some time in the future I am sure.

Room Tip: Maybe the main pool view has its advantages,the side rooms overlook the main road but I did not lose...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank cabaray
There are newer reviews for Paradise Park Fun Lifestyle Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2012

After reading the reviews shortly before we went there were a few negatives about rooms not being ready and wrong ones etc , lo and behold we arrived and the room was not ready but would only be an hour so was not a problem , just one of those things, unless its midnight when you arrive I suppose . But there is a luggage store so we put it in there and had a wander round the hotel . We had booked a sea or pool view but were given a room overlooking the road, it was a great room , 2 bathrooms, 2 x 32" TV's but really wanted a better outlook so we just asked nicely - armed with our booking confirmation - and the next day they moved us to a room with a sea and pool view which was great and made all the difference even though it was much smaller, there was no argument about it the staff were friendly and helpful and it wasn't an issue for them.
Reception is nice, all floors are covered in plants growing everywhere which is rather nice , they have a small souvenir shop, hairdressers and a beauty thingy which does massages etc.

Restaurants were good, staff again very nice and helpful , seems some people say the food is repetitive but we found a good selection , take a bit of time to have a look round so you see everything that is on offer apart from the main buffet . We went half board, probably should have done all inclusive, but if you go out for the evening you can arrange to swop your evening meal to lunch

We went outside the school hols so pools were quiet, the main one is quite small but adequate , we had no trouble getting a sunlounger anytime, dont miss the larger pool that is just outside the main compexl, which is really nice , its over to the left past the natural pool and apartments, they dont seem to advertise this and its not in the brochure you will find in the room, we were told by a couple we met on day 4.

I read a really negative comment in one review about the "locals " access on Saturday mornings, having inflatables and being really noisy, dont take any notice of this , they do bring a large inflatable in for about 2 hrs which everyone can go on and it is just harmless holiday fun, we thought it was hilarious and brightened up the day.

Cleaning was good, all beds made, tidied , fresh towels, tea coffee etc daily.
Hotel entertainment is ok, I have to agree with other comments , if you want a seat for the shows get there early as its a small area for amount of guests and gets very crowded, bar staff are efficient and funny.

10 min walk to the main town, cardiac hill is really not that bad , its quite a nice walk with lots of bars/restaurants on the way to stop in if your tired , these all have karaoke and/ or entertainment in at night. The hotel lay on a free bus anyway which goes every half hour with a really friendly driver who'll recognise you after one trip . Cabs are cheap too. When you get to the front the walk along is nice, with plenty of bars restaurants shops along the way of course, The 3rd beach ( I think ) is the best one, on the main 2 there are showers and toilets on the beach. If you go far enough along there is a rocky beach with waves and surfers which are fun to sit and watch

All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would happily go again

Room Tip: In the main hotel with a sea or pool view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chris W
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well it all started off badly. I arrived at the hotel after 19:00 only to be told that the floor was flooded and they needed to send me to another hotel. Not happy but a these things happen. I was also told that my room would be upgraded and I would be given the premium drinks package. Arrived at the new hotel, Luabay Adeje after 20:00 tired, hungry and hot. My room was practically in the lift, the mirror in the loo was off the wall with the screws beside it and the towels were dirty. Not a good start. Went to the desk to ask for things to be put right in my room and also for a tv remote. I was told by the desk clerk that it would be a 15€ deposit for the remote. By this time I had really had enough, and just told him to forget it. He did then graciously hand me the remote without the deposit. I finally sat down to eat at 21:00. I was put at a table that had someone else already sitting there somI had to move. I never was served a drink and it was about 35 degrees, somI had some really awful food and went back to my room.

Next day I arrived at Paradise Park. My room was not ready because it needed deep cleaning. I really was fed up as I had just watched about 5 people check out, so I asked why I had to wait until 1 or 2 o'clock when all their rooms were vacant. After much back and forth we negotiated for a 1 hr wait and a slightly upgraded room.

Forgot to mention, I contracted a mild case of food poisoning at the Luabay so I REALLLLLY needed a room with a bathroom quickly.

By late Saturday I was still feeling pretty sick, but decided to splurge on a pedicure. Although I had to pay upfront which bothered me slightly, the pedicure was very nice and the service was good.

The room 415 above the pool - nice view, quite clean, 2 cockroaches in the loo in the middle of the night, ants by the coffee facilities, and very noisy. Bed of reasonable quality. Sheets were crisp and white. AC worked well. Shower flooded the bathroom and I had to use hand towels to mop up the flood or electrocute myself with the hair dryer. Housekeeping walked into my room when I was just out of the shower. That was quite a surprise for both of us. She told me, "Don't worry".

The only other thing I really have to mention is that the lights in the hallways are triggered by movement. The hallways are pitch black at night and very intimidating to a woman alone as you cannot see what's up ahead. The lights don't trigger until you're practically upon them, and it makes for quite a dark, scary experience.

All in all a very poor experience. I kept getting the feeling that it was ok for me to go out of my way to make things easier for the hotel, but they wouldn't go out of their way to see that I was happy, safe or comfortable. I won't be back which is a shame as they have very nice pools.

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank sunseeker164
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Disgusting probably sums up the state of the bathroom in our room (537) grubby doesnt come close.1/10 http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt30/Jega28/?
action=view&current=DSC00711.jpg

Food....About on a par with the average Sunday carvery..6/10
Entertainment..Rubbish, one of the showrooms also contains a pool table,air hockey machine and any number of other amusement arcade style machines so to hear any of the acts is nigh on impossible 4/10
Gymnasium ..about half the machines were broken or had been abused by novices and not been repaired..5/10
Pool areas ..O.K. if you dont want to drown,the deepest pool is in the well being park and is still only 1.4 mteres (4' 7") deep ,the natural pool is a magnificent 0.8 meteres(31") deep , forget the main pool as its full of kids in term time as well as school holidays...5/10
The hotel would do better to describe itself as what it is a very average 2 or 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jega
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Couple on holiday. Hotel is tight and compact . Enter hotel at reception at level 2, main restaurant for breakfast and dinner on ground floor along with family swimming pool and main entertainment bar. Level 1 accommodated lunch time restaurant (very good) and evening entertainment (more for the oldies). Rooms: you get what you pay for - top end budget you will be very happy with your room, lower end budget (Family Classic Apartment) you will be disappointed. Food: first night our food was luke warm but this improved the next day, we had some really nice food although not delicious but overall this was generally good (the usual etc). Pools: we found the roof top too quiet, family pool no room to swing a cat, sunbeds tightly pushed together. Congratulations to the photographer who made the family pool look as large as a lagoon - it was actually small compared to the usual ‘Spanish’ standard. The pool at the leisure park (situated at the back of the family classic apartments) was much better for us. Staff: excellent they were so friendly and helpful. Entertainment: this is always a personal preference but we enjoyed some of it. Drinks: the best we have ever had - not the usual mentholated spirits and beer was Amstel which we like. We enjoyed our stay and would reassure anyone travelling here that they will have a good holiday and not bad value for money. Of course, there are much better hotels in Tenerife but obviously you will have to pay more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank smclarke
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here on our annual holiday with the family, was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on here. We found the staff all to be helpfull and the hotel was very good our high point was the food and we ate plenty of it to know! We also found the entertainment to be really good but the rooom isnt the best to see the acts and can be really crowded you need to be there early to get a seat. We went half board but most were all inc. and looked a good choice. Only negatives where cold pools and too many adult only pools which where mostly empty maybe due to the temp. Also I could here running water at night which i reported' but this wasnt fixed this would of become an issue if we wern't leaving anyway. Some people moan about the walk to the front but it really isnt that far and taxis are cheap for that distance.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Downtrodden_dad
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed 14 nights All Inclusive , The food was good not excellent but plenty of choice except for the ice cream which came in kids size tubs. Drinks where available in abundance ,Queues at night for dinner where a bit off putting but they gave you an idea of busy times on posters at the restaurant.
Plenty of helpful staff , Adult solarium had plenty of sun loungers but kids pool was busy .
Free bus to beach. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as mountain view are facing a road
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 13 in Los Cristianos
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#14 of 59 in Costa Adeje

Been to Paradise Park Fun Lifestyle Hotel? Share your experiences!