“LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT HOLIDAY IN JUNE 2011”
Review of Chipeque

and 1 more site!
Chipeque
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed in Jo's apartment a couple of years ago.... GREAT ! and really looking forward to returning in June of this year ... its booked 2weeks to go. I am really shocked looking at the write- up !!!! My partner and I had a brill holiday - the people on site were extremely friendly helpfull and curteous, we didnt have any troubles at all, the apartment was PERFECT or obviously we would not go back. It is lovely and clean and taxis are just outside if you want to use them, or have a lovely stroll. Plenty of supermarkets near by, and the main thing was the peace and quiet. I dont know Joanne - and Ive never met her, I just send the cheque and she sends back a confirmation letter, I have spoken to her on the phone and she was very helpfull. Your apartments Joanne are a credit to you and I have recommended them to all my family and friends. Its an ideal place for a really relaxed holiday.................... Lynn & Nigel

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank woolleyuk
There are newer reviews for Chipeque

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I've just returned from a weeks holiday with my boyfriend and we stayed in apartment No.52 in Chipeque. Having been to this apartment before and then having read the bad review on this before going i was a bit shocked and not sure what to expect this time round. I honestly have to say that there is not one fault in this apartment or complex. The apartment is actually facing west which means in the mornings the sun rises behind the apartment leaving a nice shaded area on the balcony were you can comfortably eat your breakfast, then in the evening the sun shines right on the balcony which is a very comfortable and private place to sunbath.
As before the apartment was very well equipped with all the necessities that anyone would require on holidays, it even has its on own washing machine and air conditioning which are extras in self-catering apartments.
On arrival we were greeted by nice friendly staff and they could provide us with all the information we required. The pool and surrounding areas are very well kept by the caretaker and lifeguard.
The apartment is very clean and clean towels are provided on arrival.
As i have been going to tenerife for a number of years and have stayed in numerous apartments, this apartment is the most modern, clean and has the most friendly atmosphere which is why i will be returning. The complex is situated in an excellent location and you could not ask for much more.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank niamha3
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Booked 2 Appartments though Jo Beecroft for our family with two teenage girls. Good secure sit for our girls to stay in there own appartment. easy access to beach, shops and places to eat. Fantastic advice from Jo regarding getting a taxi from the airport to the appartments. From getting off the plane to getting in the pool took 45 minutes. advice with what to do, places to go and things to see were surpplied by Jo before our holiday. we found all this information very helpful and informative, we had a great day at siam park. We have already booked again to go this year in the same appartments. Thanks Jo from the Phillips family

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank craig19732011
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed at 52 Chipque for New Year 2010 - no use of bathroom sink for first 3 days until the leak was repaired (the first time unsuccessfully), the kettle had a small leak, the beds were made of bricks (or felt like it!) and most of the equipment was in need of replacement! Towels and bed linen all seen better days, crockery and cutlery too as well as the "cleaning" equipment and patio furniture.

Basically if the owner spent just a couple of weeks of his rental on new towels, beds and bed linen, and updated the contents of the kitchen cupboards it would be much improved!

The balcony is at the end of the row, so nice and quiet, but as it faces East and has a high brick wall running alongside the left hand side, you get about an hour of sun at one end of the balcony at this time of year for lunch.

Pool was cleaned every morning but didn't look very clean. Again, sunbeds (1 euro charge per day) could do with replacing as look tatty. The staff were very friendly as was the lifeguard but I wouldn't return to this particular apartment block, there are much nicer ones in the near vicinity (El Mirador, and Dinastia in particular).

On the positive side, the location is great! Less than 5 mins to a road with great bars and restaurants (recommend the Indian, Italian, Taylors Bar and Manhattan Bar in particular - great food and atmosphere and very reasonable + great service). There are some other bars all have a turn or Kareoke etc in evenings if you want to stay local. A pleasant 10-15 mins walk to centre of Los Christianos (or there is a taxi rank right opposite the apartments about 5 euros each way) and same to promenade / beach.

We have already booked for next New Year as we liked the area so much and had a great time, but have spent another £40 on extra rental at the El Mirador complex which looks fabulous.

Also be aware that the only apartments on Chipeque that get decent sun on the patio or balcony at this time of year are the studios which face south, and some of the 1 bed apartments that face East. None of the bigger apartments would ever get sun as they face North.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TraceyRichardson43
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed at the Chipeque Apartments for a week from the 27th November. We had booked a studio apartment through Holiday Lettings from Joanne Beecroft. It is meant to sleep 4 as it boasts a mezzanine floor with 2 single beds and a sofa bed in its description. It does'nt mention the steep staircase that you have to try to climb to actually reach the beds or the unit and T.V. (which incidently did'nt work) directly at the bottom making the staircase not only impractical but very dangerous.
On arrival the apartment was spotless (thanks Sally) and as there was only the 2 of us we used the sofa bed. Three days into our holiday the boiler broke and we reported it to Sally (a lovely lady from N.Ireland who looks after the apartments). She in turn reported it to J.Beecroft who up until we left 4 days later hadn't replied to Sally. Thankfully Sally had the foresight to go ahead and get the boiler replaced, as we didn't fancy cold showers.
There was a tropical storm shortly after we arrived, torrential rain, wind and power cuts but thanks to Paul and his fantastic bar staff who put on an impromtu karoke/quiz night we did'nt really care.
The Chipeque is at the top of the hill but there are lots of bars and restaurants and a large supermarket nearby. There is a lifeguard on at the pool all day and a night watchman on at night.
This is a family friendly quiet complex with visitors who go back year after year.
Will I be one of them I certainly hope!! So but the next time I will book through
Sally or Paul at chipeque@btinternet.com

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank loopylinda64
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Arrived at the apartments to find the apartment that I had booked and paid for had been double booked and was occupied by someone else. Not the best of starts.

The staff and fellow guests at Chipeque were great, a really nice, chilled out place in an excellent location. However, the way we were treated by Joanne Beecroft, the private owner of the apartment was abysmal.

The president of the complex was very helpful and put us in another apartment. However, the apartment I paid for was advertised as having a full kitchen inc oven and washing machine and also a DVD player. The apartment I was given had none of these.

Also Joanne had advertised a wifi service which did not exist at this complex.

Although there was nothing wrong with the apartment I was given it was not what I paid for which I found really annoying.

I spoke to Joanne on the night and was offered a refund (not a lot of help at 10pm when you are already in Tenerife) or an apartment in the next town (I chose this location for a reason).

In the end she said that she would offer some compensation and that we could exchange apartment’s part way through the holiday. However we did not actually move into her apartment as it was very difficult to find anyone to talk to about it so we were only offered it a few days before we left so it hardly seemed worth the effort.

Now compensation has been refused as we didn't actually use the apartment. Incidentally I found out that the double booking was discovered days before I left England, if I was offered a refund then I could have found somewhere else.

I feel bad writing anything bad about the place because it was really nice and the staff great. If you are thinking of going I would thoroughly recommend it, however I would book from another private owner or directly from the complex.

I have been staying in this area for years, and visiting many other holiday locations throughout the world. I nearly always book my own apartment and have never experienced this kind of hassle anywhere else.

Joanne Beecroft has her own website www.besidethebeach.com and also advertises on holidaylettings.co.uk. Would strongly urge you to avoid like the plague.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ian T
Reviewed April 2, 2010

we stayed for a week , we didnt use the pool we prefer the beach which is a pleasant 25 min walk , plenty of restaurants bars supermarket nearby. complex was very quiet has a security guard at night , rooms are excellent location is good if u dont mind the hill.. taxi rank outside , probably go back again in due course .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple