We were welcomed at reception on arrival with a glass of Cava and when we got to our room there was a complimentary bottle of cava along with some dried fruits and nuts, so we were pretty impressed. We'd read in other reviews that some rooms were dark and so in addition to booking a pool/sea view we asked our tour operator (Sovereign Travel) to request a room that got sunshine, the request was granted so sitting on our balcony late afternoon was very enjoyable. Our room was spacious with a small seating area in addition to the balcony which had reclining chairs, footstools and a table. There were enough hangers in the wardrobe and the bathroom was fine with a good shower, there was a full length mirror in the room and the TV had UK channels. The hotel provide a safe in the room but they do charge for it.
We stayed half board, the majority of the time the food (buffet) was superb, however there were a couple of occasions when it didn't seem to be quite as good - nothing to complain about, we just felt that the standard dropped on a couple of evenings. On several occasions we were given a glass of Cava as we went into the restaurant. We used all of the bars, the piono bar service was great and drink measures generous. Entertainment in Salon Teide was good, and sometimes excellent.
In addition to evening entertainment we took part in a few daytime activities - french boule; archery; pistol and rifle shooting; mini golf and aquarobics are some of the activities on offer. The two staff who run the activities deserve special mention - Florin and Jenny were brilliant.
A few tips - apply for a Spring Card before you go (springhoteles.com) this will give you 15% off your bar bill at the end of the holiday, you can apply when you are in resort too. If you decide to eat out one evening, let reception know 24 hours in advance and ask for a voucher for lunch at the pool restaurant (La Palapa). The restaurant is waiter service and although there are only 3 or 4 choices for each course, the food is fantastic and the portions massive!
I can't think of anything negative to say about the Arona Gran and would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos