We selected this hotel for ratings on food quality and its location. We were not disappointed.
This hotel was booked through a Thompson package, being the cheapest option we found for 14 days from Bristol, UK.
The hotel is situated at the far end of Los Christianos (eastern end) which suited us as it was quiter with no passing promenade foot traffic. Also several walks in the hills started from a few yards frrom the hotel which suited us.
The hotel was pretty full, and by far the majority of guests were British. Very few Germans, some Belgians and the odd French family. Most guests were in the retired category, many we talked to regularly use this hotel. Very few children or young couples. So the ambiance was quiet and calm !
Our room was on the ground floor, overlooking one of the 3 pools. We liked our room - plenty of room, wardrobe space and nice bathroom. The room balcony was private with full height side partitions and comfortable loungers. We were not overlooked on this balcony. The room was furnished reasonably and perfectly clean. The maid service was excellent, and the maid left the room and bathroom spotless each day. For package tour guests no tea making facilities, nor free of charge room safe were provided. They are for direct bookers. However we allowed for this and took our own tea/coffee making cup heater etc so no problem !
Food - the breakfasts and evening meals were taken in a spacious lounge with very pleasant direct sea views - in the evening lovely setting sun backdrop. The table waiters were very quick and efficient - always clearing plates away before we returned with next course. All meals were buffet style. Food was plentyfull but not particularly imaginative - dishes were basically UK style. Actual food quality was fine, but after a while it all seemed to taste the same !
Evening entertainment was fine for us. A pianist entertained in one bar, and a cabaret/dance music set up was in the other bar. The cabaret acts were OK - sometimes excellent, and other times competent, Over two weeks no act was repeated.
Summary - we liked best:- spacious ambiance of hotel, its quiet location, cleanliness of whole hotel, and friendly staff. We liked least:- petty charge for room safe& tea making,no drinks with evening meal other than purchased water, wine etc. However on balance this was the best hotel we have stayed at in Tenerife, and would return here if we return to Los Christianos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos