Have to say we spent so long deliberating on which hotel to stay for some winter sun and what a pleasant surprise the Arona Gran was. We had read some of the reviews on here and expected a slightly tatty hotel frequented only with elderly guests therefore had booked with some hesitation, however we need not have worried and nothing could have been farther from the truth.
The hotel is situated at the far end of Los Cristianos about a nice 10/15 minutes walk into the town and there are plenty of bars and restaurants en route the only thing that detracts is the grafitti all along the sea walls in front of the hotel which is a real shame however you cannot see it from the hotel grounds or rooms.
We did book direct through the hotels web site and booked our own flights, with this we got included taxi transfers and a few other little extras and after collecting our luggage at the airport we were unpacking in our room 30 minutes later after a nice glass of bubbly whilst doing the paperwork at reception what a good start! We had a nice sunny sea view room with reclining chairs on the balcony, yes the room was decorated in the traditional dark wood but it in good order and spotlessly clean, in fact the house keeping all week was of the same standard we were very impressed.
Much has been stated about the food on this site, generally it was very good, presented well and could always find something nice to eat, we would agree it can get busy at peak times and personally would have liked more fresh fruit rather than tinned.
The one thing that we quickly noted was how friendly and effecient all the staff were,what a refreshing change it is apparent that the hotel must select its staff with care and train them properly one of the reasons why they get so many repeat guests.
The only major negative we felt was certain guests playing the age old 'sun lounger bagging' game, some were up at ridiculous hours putting towels down and although the hotel stated it did not allow it they did not do much to prevent it, we did see the life guard placing the odd warning card but not much else. they either need to provide more loungers or enforce their policy as it was rather annoying.
As for other guests, mainly couples and of all ages whilst we were there the week before Easter, we do not agree with certain comments on this site that the hotel is a retirement home although if you after dazzling nightlife then this is not the hotel for you. The entertainment provided by the hotel was mixed some quite good some quite average however for the money you are paying you cannot expect a west end style show.
To sum up if you are looking for a clean good quality friendly hotel that is exeptionally well managed in the Tenerife sunshine without breaking the bank then you will not go to far wrong here, would we go back? yes without doubt and are in the process of booking again.
Thanks to all at the Arona Gran for a lovely holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos