Having enjoyed a stay of 4 weeks in Tenerife at the Arona Gran in Feb 2011 we decided to follow that with a 6 weeks stay in Feb/March in 2012 but this time staying 2 weeks at Bitacora followed by 4 weeks in Arona Gran (complimentary transfer included).These experiences gave us an insight into both hotels and straight away it must be said that both were well run hotels. Many of the staff at both were friendly and helpful.
Situation: B. is located in Playa de las Américas handy for shops, sea front and buses. A.G. is situated on the edge of Los Cristianos about 20 minutes walk to the main beach and port. There are a few local bars run by Brits.
Hotel exterior: Both pleasant looking, imposing hotels displaying a profusion of geraniums. Attractive lobbies but the lobby in A.G. is exceptional.
Bedrooms: B. Renovation work ongoing (Jan 2013) Pool view rooms have superb views and are larger than A.G. Pool side in both could attract late afternoon sun depending on position so take this into account when booking. Recommend less popular non-pool view rooms (seaward end) in A.G. Generally quieter in A.G. than B. where nearby entertainment could go on until 4.00am.
Bathroom: Superior fittings in A.G. though this may be addressed in ongoing renovations.
Welcome: Complimentary Cava in B - water in A.G. although the latter did give us a welcome drink.
Dining: Both pleasant dining areas and food acceptable in both though you might want to use the microwave. Choice of food good in B., exceptional in A.G. Presentation of food good in both.
Waiter service: More pleasant in B. and impressive speed in clearing the tables. Rather slow in A.G.
Clientele: B. more suited to a younger age group than the A.G.
Entertainment: Not always geared to the age of the clientele but some critical reviews submitted by some guests were not justified even though for some acts there was room for improvement.
Costs: The general superiority of the A.G. hotel is reflected in the price and although drinks were more expensive in A.G. they were more generous.
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos