Stayed for 4 nights as part of a twin centre holiday in tenerife. First impressions were excellent and we never felt let down after that.
We arrived at the hotel reception at 9.50pm and were stright away asked if we were hungry and wanted a meal or would we prefer something to be sent to the room. We opted for a hot meal and were taken straight to the restaurant before it closed at 10pm. We were allocated a specific part of the restaurant with a few other couples from our flight and the food was as hot and as nice as it would have been at 7pm when the restaurant first opened. We never felt rushed to eat and were given plenty of time to enjoy our meal and drinks. The nice thing was the waiter came round and asked each of us if we wanted anything more from the buffet before they started clearing it away. Even at this stage 10.30/10.45pm the waiter was still in fine form and was very welcoming.
The food remained the high point of our stay. each morning at breakgast there was so much variety to suit every type of taste and diet. Fresh omellets cooked to order, bacon sausages, baked beans, hash browns, scrambled or boiled eggs etc. 7 or 8 different types of cereal, lots of breads, yogurts and fresh fruit. It was very impressive. Dinner was the same. Never the same food 2 nights in a row and there was always a `special` dish on be it paella, roast pork, steaks etc. The salad bar at evening meals were especially impressive with every salad item you could think of as well as pre-mixed salads such as greek russian and mediterranian salads.
The pool area was very relaxed, and although busy, it was never a problem getting a sun lounger.
Rooms were well furnished and bright with flat screen tvs and excellent showers in the spacious bathrooms.As far as we could see, pretty much every room had a supurb view of the sea looking across to the harbour and on into los cristianos.
After dinner there was no shortage of things to do. There was always a main show in the show lounge and if you wanted something quieter you could sit in the piano bar and have a nice drink or cocktail. Drinks throughout the hotel were paid for using your room card and the bill was cleared upon checkout. This was an excellent system as you never had to carry cash to the pool or at night.
The hotel was no more than a 10 minute stroll along a well maintined promenade to the centre of los cristianos. The beach front was peppered with excellent restaurants of all types and weather you wanted a british style pub with shows and karaoke, or a suave cocktail bar, there was something to meet everyones taste.
All in all, we had a fantastic time at the arona gran and would definitely return and reccommend to anyone thinking of a nice relaxing break in a good quality and affordable 4* hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos