“Great for families.”

HG Tenerife Sur Apartments
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bed duplex apt. with family consisting of 5 adults and a young toddler. WE found the apartments to be all we found the apartment to be as we expected, Comfortable and specious enough for us. We only had snacks in the apt but it had all you would need for eating and cooking a light meal. The children's pool was excellent. Probably one of the best we have been to. The location again was very good....no hills which was good with a buggy. Also a few nice eating and drinking places close by. Would definately go again.

Room Tip: Lots to choose from. Some are to a better standard than others. Just look around and don't settl...
3  Thank may r
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

These apartments are old and tired. Thick dust under the bed, and in the blankets, played havoc with my dust allergy. I have been visiting the Canaries for over twenty years; this is the first time I've actually looked forward to going home. Made inquiries about getting an earlier flight and changing hotels, but too expensive. On previous trips I've paid less that half the price for far better quality apartments. And, to cap it all, we had a north facing balcony,

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed in a studio for a week at the end of November. The apartment had all I needed for my stay, was clean and comfortable. I was worried by some of the reviews I had read especially regarding security but there was no need. The staff were friendly, the pool area very good with plenty of beds. The studio was basic but I did not do any cooking and I only used the fridge for water, etc. My only niggle really was that you had to pay extra if you wanted the TV and I only wanted it for the second half of the week when it rained but I still had to pay the full amount.

Room Tip: My pool view room on 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2013

In justifying the title of this review, I refer to the colour scheme of the builings. Dark and light grey. Not what you would expect from a hotel where you want to feel in a holiday mood. The feeling carries on when you have to go throught narrow corridors on your way to your appartment. In your appartment the walls are painted with a green colour, almost grey and very dirty looking. The somber atmosphere is further enhanced by the black furniture. Not a bit of colour to cheer you up. The only bright room is the bathroom. The balconies do not offer you any privacy as you can see and be seen by your neighbours from everywhere. The shop attached to the hotel is tiny and quite pricy. The only good thing about it is the cleaning service.Even if you have an appartment facing the pool, you cannot escape the traffic noisefrom the road.
A staunch contrast to the Christian sur across the way where I stayed 3 years ago.

Room Tip: A studio would be better
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean Pierre V
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is set out very nice, there is a good snack bar. The rooms are okay, we liked our little garden. That is about it though. You have to pay for the tv which we decided to do as have a 4 year old who loves her cartoons, also we were getting back to the apartment earlier in the evenings for her so nice to be able to watch something. The tv signal is absolutely terrible, it made me feel queasy watching it. It is an absolute joke to charge for that!
Breakfast is horrible. The 'orange juice' is more of a syrup and the cornflakes was more like waterproof confetti. Miserable staff that do not clear the tables so you have to do that yourself if you want to sit anywhere.
No pool bed hoarding rules so of course people grab the best beds with their towels and then go out for the day.
The fittings in the bathroom need updating desperately.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Like many others was quite concerned about this complex after reading reviews but was happy to see that we had no need to be. As requested was given a pool view third floor apartment which was lovely...rooms are tired but how much time do you want to spend in it!! Bedding changed 4 times in 11 nights, towels everyday bar 2! Only complaint was Floors and balcony didn't appear to get cleaned. No trouble getting snubbed at any time but if you need an umbrella be there by 9am. Supermarket by bus station most reasonable. Seems to be a set price of €2.70 for most bus journeys around the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dinkydNorthWales
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had our first family trip with under 1 year old child to Teneriffe. Stayd in this hotel 1 week. It was very terrible. Rooms were filthy, there was dirt all over the owen, corners etc. Toilet was moving, fun was not on its place, also moving when on. Cleaning didn't change our towels, we asked 3 times to do so and only after that they gave us clean towels. Not enough sun beds, you have to wake up early to get one. Food is very bad. Nothing fresh on breakfast, only some very bad english breakfast. Stuff is not welcoming, not friendly at all. TV doesn't work unless you pay extra. No aircontitoner, only fans(what my be broken). No welcoming package, only one bottle of water. No minibar. Baby beds are very dirty and old.

I don't recommend this hotel anyone!!! This was my worst trip ever. Never going back and make sure everybody knows how bad this Hotel is.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Cristianos
#26 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Hotel Andrea's
Hotel Andrea's
#11 of 13 in Los Cristianos

Been to HG Tenerife Sur Apartments? Share your experiences!