We have just got back from HG Tenerife Sur where we stayed for 10 nights and overall the hotel was OK. We stayed in room 255 which is at the side of the hotel facing another hotel.
- Clean rooms
- Fresh towels everyday
- Courtesy bottle of water in the fridge (very handy when you are not used to the heat!)
- Modern decor
- Clean pool area
- Sufficient amentities in the room - eg. toaster, microwave, kettle. Enough crockery and cutlery for 2 people
- Inside seating area and table and chairs on balcony.
- Safe, (approx 2 euros a day)
- Staff are friendly and helpful
- Close to bus stop and taxi rank outside
- Supermarket over the road
- If you get an apartment facing the Heritage bar you will not get to sleep before midnight although we were able to do the pub quiz from our balcony a couple of nights!
- The pool area is VERY QUIET with no music or atmosphere and the floor quite slippery
- Entertainment consisted of a man with a keyboard outside the front of the hotel and very much aimed at older generation.
- No air con
- No shutters on the windows
- Electricity is turned on using the key card however we worked out that if you shove a piece of paper in the slot it will work so you can leave your ceiling fan on when you go out.
- Cleaners are noisy in the morning (approx 8am) slamming doors and shouting
- Hotel is a fair walk to the beach and harbour. It would take us approx 15 mins because of the heat and I would not suggest it for people that are not used to walking long distances. There is also quite a steep hill down to the centre which is a struggle in 30 degree heat!
- Hotel shop prices are a little pricey
Overal this hotel is good place to stay. We would not go back to this hotel because of the location as after a week or so of walking up and down the hill you feel like you have run a marathon! I have an active outdoors job and I still struggled by the end of the holiday!
Los Cristianos overall is a nice place but is very 'touristy'. Lots of restaurants and bars to choose from and a lovely white sand beach. (Sunbeds cost 12 euros for 2 and a parasol for the day but worth it as the sand gets very hot) The beach is kept very clean and is maintained very well. The man selling fruit is a laugh too!
Taxis are very well priced and the drivers are very friendly and helpful. They do drive like F1 drivers though!
Monkey Park is a must if you like animals! Get there at 9.30am when they open and take bananas or grapes as they do not like the bags of food sold at the park.
As a day out Loro Parque is a great place to visit. Although it is quite far from Los Cristianos and is in the north of the island, you can get a bus and ticket for 38 euros each. It took us approx 2.5 hours to get there but was definately worth the trip. The sealion, dolphin and whale shows are a must-see. 10/10!
We will probably not go back to Tenerife as we prefer a more scenic holiday however it was lovely weather and a nice enough place, just not for us!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your HG Tenerife Sur Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hg Tenerife Sur Apartments Hotel Los Cristianos
- HG Tenerife Sur Apartments Los Cristianos