“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paloma Beach Apartments
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed for 2 wks from 23rd July 2013,if u want home from home then this ideal. Travelled alone with my 11 yr old daughter and can honestly say I have NEVER felt so safe abroad. The apartment I had T67 had everything I needed to make a meal and inc sky tv for my daughter.a gorgeous sea view topped off a very enjoyable holiday. Seems like a lot of people go back year after year n so know each other but felt totally comfortable and have already booked for next year. If u don't want to clean up after ur selfs or take ya rubbish to the bin , then pay for a 5* to b waited on!!!!. Brill staff on front end and maids. Bein on a budget I was a bit miffed about Avin to pay for sunbeds but av got to admit, it TOTALLY works....only people who want one are willin to pay. Can't wait for JUly 2014 x

Room Tip: I stayed in T67 , was right next to the stairs and lift( negative) ...but the view totally made up f...
2 Thank Dondon2013
JohnParkes, Owner at Paloma Beach Apartments, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Wow what a great review! Thanks so much for your kind words! It's great to hear you had a great time, we hope to see you again very soon!

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

another great stay at paloma, great appartment very clean, friendly staff, a great bar near by the market tavern and good place to eat the surrey arms too close to the beach and town was loads of places to eat , booked a trip from reception to jungle park well worth a visit .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sophiecockayne
Hi Sophie,

Always a pleasure having you with us at Paloma Beach Apartments! Thanks for adding some photos, I hope you liked 182.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Back for the fourth time to Paloma Beach. This time we had two apartments as there were seven of us.

Same as usual. Super place, very clean, child friendly and quiet. Has a row of pub and restaurants on the perimeter which are very nice but they do not disturb the apartments. RUMOURS restaurant really stands out for a nice meal.

The chef - Julie, really puts on a nice meal and looks after my gluten intolerant wife whenever we visit. It was my birthday while out there and the seven of us went for a nice slapup meal. Fantastic!

The reception at the apartments are always helpful and when I checked us in for our flights home, they ran off our boarding cards for us. New this year is a childs playground. The only problem with it is the metal slide and fittings get very hot in the sun, so I had to restrict my kids to only playing on it in the cool of the evenings.

There is a pool bar onsite but it is best avoided. They were training in new staff while we were there, and the girl took our order but we didnt see her again. We asked another girl and she got it. Most of the time, when we ordered coffee, we found the machine was switched off and we were offered instant.

Then there was the bill. They dont seem to use the cash register to add up bills, they use a calculator. I paid a bill and thought it was a bit steep. Even with a calculator, they could not add it up properly. They overcharged me by a tenner.

There is plenty of parking there for hire cars. We hired a Mercedes Vito and never had any trouble.

Definately be back. Clean, friendly and nice place to stay.

3 Thank superscouse
Hi Superscouse,

Thanks for your review, always great to see you back at Paloma Beach Apartments -same time next year?

If you can think of a way of protecting the slide from the sun without the playpark needing a roof on it I'd love to hear your ideas - I'm at a loss so far ha ha!!!

Hopefully the pool bars staff will be trained up soon enough, I'm sure they will be.

Fleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Long established community with many apartments owned by various nationalities for letting to tourists and others on both short and long term lets. Also several owners live one site as their main residence. Majority are one-bedroom apartments, with some 2-bed and penthouses.

The Parkes family run their own business on site, Paloma Beach Enterprises, offering lettings service for owners and a laundry service. Parkes family also own quiet a few apartments too. They also run the sunbed rental business, on behalf of the community and they offer tour tickets and other typical "holiday" services.

Gardens and communal area well kept by small team of community employed staff, who tidy the pool area each morning (except for Sundays). Drinking water machine by pool - saves the trip to local supermarket (and it's cheaper too). New play area for small children and some adult exercise equipment installed in recent year. Life guard provided by community from 10 am to 6pm daily; security patrols at night. Can sometimes be noisy at night as late night revellers return.

Fisher family run the bar by pool - busy in daytime offering drinks & snacks; pool table and evening entertainment. Children friendly, welcoming team of staff. Various theme nights thorough week.

Several locales (bars / restaurants) at the front of complex for those who don't / can't walk to town. Iceland and Hiperdino both very close for all catering needs. Easy access to promenade to walk into town by sea. Easy access to local pharmacy (where they speak very good English) and local doctor practice too. Huge Sunday market just nearby too. Rocky beach nearby for fishing, crabbing at low tide, or seawater bathing at high tide (with care) (no lifeguards)

When staying here, you need not go far to get everything you need!

1 Thank JMW050
Hi JW nd thanks for your detailed synopsis of Paloma Beah Apartments, we look forward to weloming you back again soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our positives from the stay at Paloma beach:

1) Pool area especially the baby pool which our daughter loved!
2) Location - close to an Iceland and a hiperdino supermarket
3) Short walk to some lovely restaurants especially Diamonds and a lovely Italian (can't remember the name but it is a couple up from Diamonds)
4) Staff are very friendly and eager to please!
5) Size of the apartment was very good with a big balcony
6) We were provided with a cot for our daughter - although it wasn't a full sized one it was a proper cot instead of a travel cot that you get at most places!

Our negatives:

1) The apartment was dirty, we walked around bare foot after we arrived and within minutes our feet were black with dirt! Disgusting! There was a mop and bucket for you to use but you expect the floor to be clean when you arrive!
2) The extractor fan in the kitchen was brown with grease and clogged with dust and dirt!
3) The tap in the bathroom was really dirty and covered in black mould that I had to clean with flash wipes before we used it!
4) The shower head and hose were dirty and coming away.
5) Inside the cupboards and drawers were full of crumbs.
6) At night the apartment was incredibly noisy with people screaming and shouting, running up and down the corridors, banging the doors and dogs barking!! All of this you don't expect at after midnight and it wasn't just one night this was every night! Don't get me wrong I don't begrudge people having fun on their holidays but allowing children to run up and down the corridor in flip flops screaming at midnight is not on! We had an 18 month old daughter with us whom was disturbed on numerous occasions by the noise as were we.

We enjoyed our time at Paloma beach but it would have been better had the accommodation of been clean and quieter!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Michelle R
Hi there and thanks for your review.

I would like to appologise for your apartment not being as clean as you would expect. This is very unusual and I am concerned that this was the case in your apartment, of course you should not have to clean on arrival!

You do not mention when you stayed or which apartment you were in so it is impossible for me to follow up your complaint - therefore I would appreciate you emailing us to let us know when this took place.

Please note for the future we (and no doubt other establishments) would rather hear about these negative aspects while you are staying with us. This gives us a chance to investigate what has gone wrong and rectify it. This gives you the service you have paid for and prevents unhappy customers who leave bad reviews such as yours.

It's worth noting that we generally get very good comments about the levels of cleaning and I would say this is not the norm - however I will not ignore it but please remember to email us so we can follow up your comments.

Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I met my parents on their holiday in Tenerife and stayed at the Paloma Beach for a week, my parents stayed for 2 weeks.
My parents had booked a 1 bedroom apartment and asked if they could pay for a 2 bed but there were none available so they arranged to bring a Z bed to the apartment for me which was uncomfortable and small. It would have been fine for a small child. This came at an extra cost which also covered extra linens.
The location is not bad, its a 2 minute walk to the HiperDino supermarket and a 10 minute walk to restaurants. There are a couple directly outside. There are restaurants along the beach and there are some really nice restaurants which are better value for money up a small hill in land. The Italian restaurant there is particularly nice and the service is always fantastic.
The sea is just 2 minutes away but the beach is stoney and not nice. The sandy beach starts further down and is about 10 minutes away on the flat. This beach is in the harbour though and leaves the sea a little scummy. Just around the headland is a lovely beach (Las Vistas) with lots of shops and restaurants around. This is about 20 minutes away and is a fairly cool walk as you walk along the sea front.
We were in an apartment on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool which was great as we got a breeze in our room when we left our balcony doors open. The room itself was okay. The bedroom was quite dark and the kitchen lacked proper cutlery etc but the bathroom was modern and bright. The balcony was quite large with plenty of room for a big table and drying rack for swimwear. The room was not cleaned at the end of the first week. Clean bedding was supplied and towels wer
The pool bar was reasonably priced and there was a good choice of food. There were BBQ and Mexican evenings and other themed evening including a pub quiz.
The sun loungers are 2 euros each and can be purchased from reception from 10am. This means there is no early morning dash for a sun lounger. However, the sun loungers are collected at 6pm sharp which seems a little early as it's still warm. The pool is lovely and not too cold. There is a shallow and a very deep end along with a baby pool. There is a lifeguard in attendance.
It was good value, clean and would go there again.

1 Thank rockandrose21
Hi and thanks for your review!

I¨'m glad to see most things were to your satisfaction and you would return again - please note that issues such as an uncomfortable bed can be brought to our attention suring your stay and action will be taken - this saves you having an uncomortable time, and saves us negative aspects in reviews! Win - win!

Thanks again for your review.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked to stay in these apartments due to the excellent reviews on here. Unfortunately I cannot agree with them I'm afraid!

The apartment was clean and nicely appointed. However, I didn't like the fact that the bed sheets were not changed in the 7 days we were there (not very pleasant in such hot weather!) and that there is no maid service. Perhaps Paloma Beach could offer this at an extra cost to their guests? We would happily have paid an additional charge to have clean sheets and a general tidy up every couple of days!!

I also hated having to carry our bins down to the big dumpsters at the entrance of the apartments - not a good look as you walk by the pool and the sun loungers!!

I attempted to ask about getting some fresh towels at the front desk one morning and suffice to say the guy was having a bad day - no smile - he just barked at me that he would send some up.........customer service - zero!

The apartments are also on the very outskirts of Los Cristianos - so lots of walking or taxis.

All in all we wouldn't stay here again - they obviously suit certain people but they're not for us I'm afraid!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
22 Thank Anne S
Hi Anne,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't find us to your expections. We have had a lot of recent reviews mentioning the lack of maid service - please note that it is in our conditions of booking so all guests should have read about this before booking - it is available for a small extra fee.

I realise that perhaps this is not clear enough so we will be bringing more to the foreground so that guests who do want this serivce can see that it is available if they want it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Cristianos
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#12 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,732 reviews

Been to Paloma Beach Apartments? Share your experiences!