Paloma Beach Apartments
Sol Arona Tenerife(Los Cristianos)
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
$115
Cancelon
  • Pool
Hotel Mar y Sol(Los Cristianos)
  • Pool
Spring Arona Gran Hotel(Los Cristianos)
  • Beachfront
1,254 results
All reviewssuperior apartmentsurrey armspool barfree wifidvd playerbars and restaurantstowel changesself cateringgreat apartmentstowels were changedtoilet rollhome from homesky sportsapartment complexgreat poolapartment was cleanper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the complex from 3rd January 2013 to the 10th January 2013 in T1-2. We arrived fater the reception had closed but knew they did at 6pm. Holiday Gems ( who we booked through ) said the security guard would book us in but he was nowhere to be found but luckily a resident was using the free Wi-Fi by Reception and said look on the window as they usually tape your details to it if they're not around. So thats where the details were but if te resident was not there it was a worry. The apartment was in a good position near the bars which were a tad noisy but quiter after midnight. Paloma Beach is in a perfect location and the main town is about 25 minutes easy walk from the apartment and close to the weekly market on Sundays.

We did have one worrying moment as reception place a vacating notice under our door a day early and we wondered if we was going to be thrown out due to a Holiday Gems booking error but a visit to reception and it was their error so we breathed a sigh of relief. The reception was very helpful in confirming our airport transfer for us and providing storage for our luggage whilst waiting for pickup and arranging a room for changing and a shower.

We have no reservations about recommending the Paloma Beach Apts and will stay there again anytime.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
JohnParkes, Owner at Paloma Beach Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Paloma Beach Apartments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed from 21st December to 28th December 2012. This was 4th visit. Had lovely apartment as usual with everything you would want from a self catering apartment. Staff in complex and in Pool Bar are really good and helpful. Lots of local restaurants and bars and only a short stroll in to the centre of Los Cristianos. If you are looking for a self catering holiday in clean and friendly surroundings and that provides excellent value for money, then you are going to have to go a long way to beat Paloma Beach.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoeyCoDurham

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here Sept 11 and had no complaints. Great place. Recently felt the need for some sun so decided on a return trip. Checked their website and the online booking system showed there was availability for the dates we wanted. On the strength of this I booked and paid for flights. I wanted to pay for the apartment with Maestro and as their online booking only took visa or mastercard I phoned them only to be told that they were full even though the online booking still showed availability. What would have happened had I used a visa card to book online only to turn up and find there were no apartments free? Poor show guys. If you're going to have an online booking system it needs to be 100% up to date. I now have flights and no apartment. Let's hope I can find somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank David W
JohnParkes, Owner at Paloma Beach Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thanks for your review, the websites availability is always up to date and automatically depletes inventory when the last apartment is sold - depending on when you did the search for availability and when you rang up, it is possible that the last available apartment sold between you checking the website for availability and calling us directly to book.

Kind regards and happy new year.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Paloma Beach never lets us down! This is our fourth stay at the apartments, which in itself tells how good they are. We normally have a break in April and October but this year made the decision to spend Christmas there.
Having stayed before I requested an apartment above reception as I know these apartments get the afternoon and early eveining sun, whilst all requests are not guaranteed, once again the team at Paloma Beach didn't let me down and we were allocated T2-191.
This apartment on the third floor was spacious and light with a view right down across the pool and to the sea beyond, it has a good sized lounge with two seater and three seater sofas, DVD, flat screen television, full sized oven, microwave and plenty of utensils (not that I did any cooking!).
All of the apartments at Paloma are different as they are currently undergoing a refurb programme, the one we have had before was ultra modern where as with this one the kitchen units are a bit dated, but not offensive, as is the bathroom but to be fair everything is in good working order and for the small amount of time we spent actually in the apartment it was no issue to us, my only criticism would be that a few of the cups provided were chipped and the grouting around the bath could do with freshening up but no big deal overall.
I did have an issue with the hot water as I couldn't seem to get a full bath, as with anything at Paloma as soon as I mentioned this it at reception it was dealt with quickly and our water thermostat was adjusted to maximum.
The pool area was spotless and because you pay for your sun loungers you are always assured of one, although you have to be down for ten to get a spot on the right hand side of the pool which gets the sun all day! Having free wi-fi around the pool is a great bonus and if you want access all areas the pool bar offer affordable wi-fi bundles.
Spending Christmas with John, Amber, Zoe and Leanne from the pool bar was great, it was lovely to see so many people booked in for Christmas lunch and with the Christmas music and outfits it was all very festive!
The age range is slightly older but I like this as there isn't lots of screaming kids or music blaring, and it really is a quiet oasis to enjoy a few hours of peace in the sun and likewise at night there is little noise to disurb your nights sleep. I like the fact that everyone seems to know someone else there and people chat to you as you wander about, there is something re-assuring in the fact that a lot of people are there for weeks at a time or have been several times before.
All in all this was a fab way to spend Christmas, John, Gary and Marco can't do enough to help from check in onwards and because of the great service you get and the quality of the apartments you know you are assured an excellent time - so much so we have already booked to return in the next three months.

Room Tip: Apartments above reception get the sun all afternoon through to early evening and have good a good sized balcony
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrsSCountyDurham

Thanks for your review, it is great to hear you had such a good time at Paloma Beach Apartments and we hope to see you again very soon!

Have a great 2013!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have been to Paloma Beach Apartments four times now and to be honest I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Tenerife. We love Los Cristianos, lovely restaurants, bars, and lovely walk to fantastic beach.
We prefer self catering as you can please yourself what time you get up, whether you want to eat in and you'll never get fed up of the choice of food because there are so many places to eat out, some at excellent prices and the choice is yours!
The apartments are ideal, they are lovely and clean, spacious and have everything you can possibly need, which I am sure that if there was something else you needed then the very helpful reception staff would sort you out.
As I say we have had 4 different apartments over the years and I can honestly say that they have all been lovely. The one we stayed in this time had a TV in the bedroom as well as the lounge. As a previous guest has mentioned there was some noise from the bottle banks in the morning but it really didn't bother us that much. I didn't find the bars just at the front of the apartments that noisy either and they went quiet after 12 when the music stopped.
I didn't think that it was full of old people, Los Cristianos is a warm place in the winter months so you will get the retired people going and making the most of it, who can blame them?
As someone has mentioned there is free wi-fi by the pool and also a payable internet at the bar, which was ideal. We paid 10Euros for 10 anytime hours (just log out) and we had a good Skype connection in our apartment on Christmas day.
It is about a 20/25 minute stroll to the main beach which is a level walk alongside the sea and the bars and one which I will never tire of.
If you are going to Los Cristianos a lot of the apartments there are up high with quite a walk down to the harbour so if you have difficulty walking or getting about Paloma Beach is ideal.
Give them a try I am sure you will enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SKG55

Thank you very much for an outstanding review!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Have a great 2013.