Sol Arona Tenerife
LABRANDA Reveron Plaza(Los Cristianos)
$162
  • Bar/Lounge
$109
Cancelon
  • Pool
Hotel Mar y Sol(Los Cristianos)
  • Pool
Spring Arona Gran Hotel(Los Cristianos)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Coral Los Alisios(Los Cristianos)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
3,632 results
All reviewstryp hotelprincess dacilsuperior roomon arrivalentertainment teamper dayplenty of choicethree stargreat holidaysitting roombed and breakfastpool barevening entertainmentshort walk to the beachbottle of champagnelounge areabus station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2008

We arrived at the hotel and were slightly dissapointed by the reception area as it is a bit dark. After a very smooth check in we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool which was rather small in comparison to our friends room which was double the size with a full balcony overlooking the pool on the 4th floor. We then went to reception and were given another room on the 10th floor (room 1009) which completely blew us away as it was a suite!!! This was fantastic and there were plenty of windows which meant the room was light and airy as it was very high up. As for the view, this was beautiful as it overlooked the harbour and mountains.

The lifts did sometimes break down but were always fixed immediately. The food was lovely although the bacon was greasy and every two days the sausages at breakfast were like hot dogs which were edible but not what us brits are used to!!! Other than that, the food was varied and there was always something for the fussiest of eaters to have.

The location was perfect, a 3 min strole to a shingle beach and a 15 min walk to the next beach at Las Vistas with various excursion stands, restaurants and shops on the way. It is about a 30 min walk to las americas where all the night life and main shops are. This to us was rather an expensive part of the island. We went to Veronicas and Starco one night and only stayed for 1 round of drinks as they were so expensive, 26 euro for 4 drinks!

Excusions were great, we rented a car via the hotel recption and went to the volcano and the zoo (loro Parque) which are both definately worth a visit. I would reconmend the car hire as it works out so much cheaper and you dont have to hang around.I would thoroughly advise anyone to take a bus to del Duque as it is a 5 star area with a beautiful golden beach and luxury sun loungers at 6 euro per day.The water there is gorgeous and even a walk along that coat is not to be missed.The water park is great, there is a free bus that goes from the hotel. Be warned that it is salt water so take plently of sun cream and they charge extra for lockers and sun loungers so take cash.Dont bother with Santa Cruz, there really is nothing to be seen there and the bus ride is tiring and expensive.

The hotel entertainment is fab. Free bingo and shows every night which we actually enjoyed which was surprising as were normally into clubbing! I hope anyone who reads this enjoys their holiday and finds the above info useful. Happy holidays!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vickyleeidge
Reviewed June 1, 2008

We have just returned from our 7days stay at Sol Princesa Dacil. I first stayed in this hotel last year we had a great time then and decided to give it another try and we weren't disappointed. We found the staff very helpful and polite. This year we booked through Kwiktravel on the web and got a good deal for half board in a standard twin room, we arrived at the hotel about 8.30pm the reception staff told us to go in for our dinner as the restaurant would be closing soon, they would check us in while we ate. When we returned to reception we where booked into room 122. When we arrived at the room we where a bit disappointed at the size of the room and it overlooked the front of the hotel, well it would have if we could see out over the shrubs in front of the balcony. The balcony itself was large but I don't think you would have got any sun on it at anytime. I went down immediately to reception and asked if we could change to a room higher up, the girl checked her screen and within minutes changed us to room 1407 without any extra charge this was a more superior room. Last year we where in 1306. These rooms are great, both large rooms with 2 twin beds, bedside tables, a light above each bed, a settee, cane chair, coffee table, tv, another table with chair and a mirror above it. Also a large built in wardrobe and drawers. The bathroom is large with the usual bath with shower, wash basin large mirror above, toilet and bidet, the balcony is small but large enough for the 2 patio chairs and clothes rail. Just be careful the rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors are smaller and there is a fire escape a both gable ends of the hotel as I said earlier we stayed in 1306 May last year the only problem we had with this room was the fire escape blocked the sun from the balcony but the view in front was great looking out towards the harbour - room 1407 the other side of the fire escape was great it got the sun from about 4.00pm until after 8. If you can't get a room with pool view ask for a room number ending in 7. The food was better this year and plenty of it served on a buffet services. Breakfast - fresh fruit, Continental, English, cereal, toast the lot. Dinner they have a theme each night - Canarian., Mexican, Asian, etc. Entertainment for the kids during the day and some entertainment each night not bad could be better. This is a hotel people go back to the same time each year we met six couples we met last year I would recommend it to all ages and I will go back.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank hanna11c
Reviewed May 26, 2008

I was with some trepidation that I booked this hotel having read reviews from other travellers. My husband and I spent two weeks at this hotel. We found it to be very clean and comfortable. Good value for a three star hotel. We had a bedroom with lounge and bathroom. The only thing that I thought was lacking was a hospitality tray. The rooms were very clean and were cleaned every day. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The choice of food at breakfast and evening meals was very good. At breakfast there was always a good choice of cereals, fruit ham, cheese. cooked food, eggs bacon sausages, beans tomatoes, scrambled eggs, fried eggs and freshly made omelettes. Fresh fruit, rolls bread and as much toast as you cared to make. A selection of preserves and yogurts. Evening meals also had a great choice of salads. cold meats. freshly cooked fish and meat from the grill. Pizzas pasta and sauces, meat on carvery and vegetables and other cookd dishes. If you could not find something from the selection available, then in my opinion you must be very hard to please. All in all we had a very enjoyable holiday and would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 4, 2008

myself and my boyfreind stayed here for a week with my parents. The hotel itself is clean and tidy and the food is what you would expect for a 3* all inclusive. Wide variety of all 3 courses and we could always find a table.
We had a very good room, we were told that the higher the floor the larger and better the room. Ou room was on the 13th floor and had a seperate bathroom and sitting area. Also a balcony. The only downside to this is the lifts are very tempremental!!
The pool was a good size and temperature although their were occasional problems with sunbeds. Although reserving them isn't prohibbited you still get the people who wait by the pool doors at 8am!!
The location of the hotel was good just a short walk to the centre with a wide variety of restaurants and shops and ofcourse beach. Local excursions are chepaer booked privately out of the hotel and would recommend jungle park as this is only a short dcoach ride from the bus stop outside the hotel so you don't spend most of your day on a coach.
If you want a more lively night out it's cheap enough to get a taxi into play da las americas. Which is very lively with a range of bars and clubs. Including irish and english bars such as yates!
Overall good value for money and we enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Myself and my friend stayed at this hotel from 16th march for 1 week. We are both females in our mid-late 40’s.

This was the first holiday with my friend (as we met last year in Lanzarote). We were looking forward to getting some sun, relaxing round the pool, eating good food and generally chilling out. However, we were extremely disappointed with this hotel, and although the company and weather was great, nothing else was. We both felt the same and certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Firstly, the rooms are extremely basic with beds that move around every time you turn over. The décor is old; out dated, grotty and quite honestly needs a complete revamp. The health and safety in this hotel is appalling, and if I had children I certainly wouldn’t stay here. i.e. sockets falling out of the walls, leaky baths, cracks in balconies and ceilings, slippery floors. Certainly not suitable if you have children and also the balconies are so low, kids could easily fall off. We moved rooms twice during out stay from the 8th floor to the 15th floor and despite viewing several rooms, both back and front of hotel, they all were of the same standard, except some had a lounge area and were slightly bigger. There are no fridges in the rooms, no air conditioning and no radio (that works) and only 2 English news channels.

The food although plentiful, was disgusting. It was like eating slop from a canteen. For breakfast they had all the usual hot foods and chefs preparing omelettes, however everything was dripping in grease and was the equivalent of Supermarket Budget food or a greasy Joe’s café! Not what I would expect from a 3* chain hotel. The so called fresh fruit was 3 bowls of whole apples, bananas and something else, all what looked old and unappetising, or you could have tinned pineapple which was extremely tasteless. As for the toast machine….
well, it took people over 10 minutes to get two slices of toast, as the machine was old, grubby and you had to put it through around 4 times!!! They have got to be the slowest I have ever encountered, so obviously the queues were extremely long.

At dinner time there was a big variety of cold salads, which looked like they had been used from the previous days left over’s or hot food. There was a chef preparing fish and a meat dish, but the hot food again was dripping in grease and didn’t look like the standards were clean. As for drinks, it was self service for alcohol and fizzy drinks, and the queues got long. If you wanted a juice from the machines that they had at breakfast you couldn’t, as it was turned off. Not that I would have wanted this as the juice in the machines were absolutely disgusting! I also noticed one of the staff clean the top of the table, use the same cloth for cleaning a spillage on the floor, then continue to use it on tables.

This is the first time I have been on holiday and actually lost weight.

We did not use this hotel for sunbathing in, as it was impossible to get a sunbed unless you were up around 7am. There were not enough for this hotel and the ambience was awful anyway.

I could go on and on about this horrid hotel. Anyone who wants further information please feel free to email me. Please see my photos.

I have experienced many hotels in my lifetime from 3-5* and certainly have never stayed in one with such poor health and safety and food as this. This has put me off staying at a Sol Hotel. The location wasn’t good either if you are elderly, as it as quite hilly.

I