“Fantastic staff and Hotel”
Review of TRYP Tenerife

TRYP Tenerife
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos

To all Trip advisor readers

This is the holiday for you if want a fantastic hotel in a good location, then do not look any where else. This was my first holiday in seven years and I am looking to book another holiday at the same hotel later on in the year as me and my husband enjoyed it that much. I have to commend the entertainment staff especially Abel, Manon, Jadan and Mickey as they really helped to make our holiday an enjoyable experience. The Entertainment team also recognised that it was our wedding anniversary and also my husband's birthday and they presented us with a bottle of champagne which was a pleasant surprise and made that day extra special for us both.

The only thing that upset me was that a member of staff which I later was informed was the entertainment manager did not involve us in group activities and did not introduce himself and did not make us feel welcome which the other members of the team did.

I have to also commend every member of staff at the hotel from the cleaning staff to the reception staff, as they were efficient in every dealing that we had with them.

The rooms are fantastic even If you are not in a superior room, the only thing I would advise is to ask for a room with a pool view as you get the sun.

There are some fantastic restaurants near the hotel if you don't decide to go all inclusive, but I would definitely recommend to go all inclusive.

I would like to say to the manager of the hotel that you have a fantastic team and I will definitely be visiting this hotel again and also other hotels in the Melia chain.

Room Tip: I would advise a to ask for a room that has a pool view as they get the sun and you have a good view...
1  Thank Jane S
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear client,

First of all, I need to tell you how pleased I am to read your positive review about Sol Princesa Dacil hotel and our service. It is very important for me you to know that I will inform all the staff abour satisfaction and specially our entertainment team who are really grateful with your congratulations on their work.

Moreover, I must inform you that the Entertainment Manager who is called Jordie Schinkel was on holiday during your stay so I think some body has informed wrongly. He is now on duty and he is looking forward to meeting you in the future and offer you his best attention.

Finally and insisting on my gratitude, I do hope you choose us once again to spend your holiday and be again to fulfil your expectations.

manager

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a hotel i have been to many times and it has improved except for the food, IT JUST ISNT HOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!. When the food is put out it is but the heat is not turned on below the stainless containers to keep it this way WHY?
One night we had a meal out at another hotel........ What a difference It was nice to eat food that was HOT and of good Quality.
Room was Very clean plenty of towels All In All a very good Hotel and I enjoyed the holiday
Easter 2013.

Room Tip: High floor pool facing
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

brilliant hotel,stayed on the 9th floor,fantastic views over the sea and los cristianos one way and countryside the other way, room towels bedding changed / cleaned every day ,food was plentiful and varied for meat eaters and rabbit food eaters ;-) stayed on a half board basis ,the only thing i didnt like was you had to pay for a drink with your evening meal but it didnt break the bank,Bus stop 100 yrds up the road which was handy, would certainly stop at this hotel again

Room Tip: we stopped in room 908,brilliant views, and excelant lifts lol

Dear client,

I must thank you very much for having chosen us to spend your holiday and also for taken some of your valuable time to let us know about your experience in Sol Princesa Dacil hotel. I am very pleased to know that we have been able to fulfil your expectations and needs as our client's satisfaction is the most important thing for us.

Moroever, it is also important for me to know about the deficiencies that you might notice during the stay and I should inform you that the Management and Quality Department do take in account your comments and we will take the possible corrective measures.

Finally, we are looking forward to welcoming you again and have the opportunity to give our best attention.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great base, recommend staying in the superior rooms, great views and lots of space, very clean bedding and daily room cleaning. Stayed in B/B basis, price was great for this, reception staff and waiting and serving staff very helpful, would stay again.

Room Tip: superior rooms are best, spacious and great views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear client,

I thank you very much for the effort in sharing your experience with us with other possible travellers. Moroever, you should know that we are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your holiday in Sol Princesa Dacil and I willl inform all the staff about your satisfaction. Comments like your sare of the greatest importance for the motivation of our team.

I hope you can visit us and stay longer in Tenerife, and be able once again to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It would be an honour for me to attend your personally.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome . This was important as I was travelling alone. The room was well furnished and clean. Good TV and shower . The hotel was in a good location close to the promenade.The bus stop was just around the corner . I traveled out each morning by bus up the coastline and made my way back on foot via many places of interest. After returning in the early evening I relaxed and stayed local to eat and drink in the many restaurants.
A great week !

Room Tip: If you do not have everything you want . Ask !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear client,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind words about Sol Princesa Dacil hotel. I am really pleased to know that you did enjoy your stay with us and you have felt safe in our establishment.

Comments like yours are of the greatest importance for the motivation of the staff so I can gurantee you that I am going to inform all the team about your satisfaction.

Finally, I hope you are able to come back in the near future. All the staff is at your disposal to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years and always in a superior room on the top three floors.
Room Quality is always very good but the service from hotel maids, leaves much to be desired. No towels twice, unmade bed, balcony rarely swept and bird poo was still their from the day I arrived until the day I left. Not a very nice sight when sitting with a cup of tea on the balcony early in the morning. Having paid 60 Euros for the hire of a refrigerator most annoyed that the electricity key was removed twice and consequently turned it off.

I am pleased to see the notices requesting the return of dirty plates etc to a central point have gone but still feel the restaurant is more akin to a works canteen. This is a pity because on the whole the breakfast food is quite good.

I generally feel the management of the hotel have no control over the day to day running of the premises which is a shame for such an ideal property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear client,

I would like to thank you very much for your loyalty to us and also for the time you have taken to inform us about your last experience in Sol Princesa Dacil hotel. Your satisfaction is our main priority so I do feel very disappointed to know that we habe not been able to satisfy your expectations.

The Management and Quality Department are analysing all the items you mention on your review and we are taking the pertinent corrective measures to avoid these kind of deficiencies. I also wanted to thank you very much for informing us about these deficiencies you noticed during your stay as we do believe that only by listening our client's opinions, we can identify our weak points and consequently, improve our Quality Service. It would be very useful for us to know in which room you stayed.

Finally, I hope this bad experience does not deter you from choosing us in the future and have the opportunity to attend your personally.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Myself and my gorgeous boyfriend went for a romantic week away. I have been to Tenerife numerous times, Therefore I know the area I like to stay and this hotel is a great location. Minutes from the promenade and beach with numerous restaurants. I would say the location was the best feature of the hotel. Close to a bus stop, taxi rank, Siam Park (water park) bus stop.
We were half board and only ate in restaurant twice as it just wasnt great. We would usually eat anything but it just wasnt tasty. There are lots of cheaper places nearby for brekkie so went there each morning and out for tea at night.
The evening entertainment is v loud but usually finishes at 11, as it would be hard to sleep its so loud, but always seems a good laugh.
The pool is nice enough with a bar. The staff at the bar arent the friendliest but as long as I get a drink i don't care!!
Advice- Siam Park is great fun, the beaches in cristianos and las americas are lovely. Really all you need is good weather so I suppose I'd go back to the hotel, but not in a rush.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Cristianos
#21 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#16 of 60 in Costa Adeje

Been to TRYP Tenerife? Share your experiences!