after checking in with the head warden, we were allocated cell 207, on the 2nd stairwell. As one of the mantles was on the blink we asked one of the screws to call round, who fixed it and nailed the top half of the bed back together. In the morning after some bread and water we huddled around the sheep dip with the rest of the inmates, and did some sun tanning on the tarmac landing strip on the top of the canteen while admiring the fag ends that were taking root in the flower beds.
The 70"s theme night lasted most of the week until one of the trustees brought his budgie down to the exercise yard and for a bit of baccie we had our photo taken with it. Later on our wing organized a game of " housie housie ", that was a great night.
I am now 61 years of age and this "hotel" is for the price (£461) the worst one by a very long way I have ever stayed at. All the kit in the room was stained, not one power point in the whole room-no air con-soap machines u/s-half the lights did not work-bed NAILED together-patio door lock u/s-dirty plastic balcony table and chairs-glass divider smashed up- a tv from the dump-a dreadful mattress.I could go on but it is getting boring and I am sorry for putting you through this, but if it saves just one of you at there it would be worth it
We were told senior Papac was on holiday and at times I had flashbacks that I was as well.
On a positive note los Cristianos is a great resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Sol Arona Tenerife lies 200 m from the beach of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. It features a large outdoor pool with sun loungers and rooms with balconies, most with sea views. Children can enjoy activities such as climbing and the superjumper. Meanwhile parents can enjoy a session in the gym or simply sunbathing on the sun terrace. At the end of the day the family can come together to share a meal in the buffet restaurant before enjoying the nightly entertainment. There is also a pool bar and a sports bar. Tenerife South Airport is less than 20 minutes' drive from Sol Arona Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Arona Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel Los Cristianos
- Sol Melia Arona
- Sol Princesa Dacil Arona
- Sol Arona Tenerife Los Cristianos