“disappointing”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Leicester, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotal needs more staff and another restaurant manager. Usually only one person serving in pool bar and hotel bar. Tables around pool bar never seen to be cleaned and some of the cane chairs/cushions were grubby. Restaurant tables were wiped but never actually cleaned and never had even paper tablecloths. It was like a works canteen. Breakfast not very warm unless you had the fried eggs which were cooked as you waited for them. Evening meal not very inviting. There was music in the Reception area at night for dancing but used by a lot of locals. Also the Bar had a TV but only showed Spanish football - we never saw another channel while we were there. Bed was very hard but room quite spacious and clean.
Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for giving us your opinion about the stay with us. Moroever, it is very important for me you to know hou much I regret not having been able to satisfy your expectations and needs. Your satisfaction is our main priority and it is also very dissappointing for me.

On the other hand, I do appreciatte that you are informing me about the deficiencies you noticed during your stay as we do think that the client's opinions are essential for us to help us identifying our weak points. I should also tell you that the Management and Quality Department of this hotel are analysing all the points to mention on your review and we are already taking the measures on the way to the improvement of our Quality Service.

Finally, I deeply hope that this bad experience doesn't deter you from chosing Melia Hotels International for your next holiday and you continue having trust on our compnay.

Yours faithfully,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Just come back (last night-28th November 2012) This Hotel is fabulous, very clean and the room was massive ! great location. The food was really good, plenty of choice and cooked really nicely, we went on a half board basis but upgraded to all inclusive at the cost of 10 euros per day each ! The entertainment was good, the "Grease" show was very enjoyable and there was also bird shows and dancing shows. Will definately go again next year.

Room Tip: the Hotel is situated sideways to the sea, you can still see the sea from both sides, so it doesnt r...
1 Thank lapenita7
Dear client,

I wanted to thank you very much for having chose us to spend your holiday and also for taking some of your valuable time lo let us know about your stay in Sol Princesa Dacil hotel. I am very pleased to know that we did fulfilled your needs and expectations and your enjoyed your holiday in Tenerife.

You should know that postive comments like yours are of the greatest importance for us in order to continue working even harder and achieve the satisfaction of our clients. Your kind word are really motivating for all us and I deeply appreciate it.

Finally, I am looking forward to welcoming you again to Sol Princesa Dacil and have the occasion to attend your personally,

Kind regards,

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed for 1 week, 21st-28th Nov 2012 on B&B basis. Hotelwas fine despite some negative reviews. The rooms were basic but very clean with some english speaking channels on TV. I had to pay a 5 euro refundable deposit for the remote control.
The location is great for beaches/town centre/bus station etc. The public ares's were fine and staff extremely helpful and courteous.
I only stayed on B&B so difficult to comment on food although the breakfast was fine.
The hotel is generally frequented by the elderly and there are more wheelcahirs than you can shake a crutch at. I am sure I heard some residents being asked on check in if they preferred burial or cremation!! Having said that it's obviously a lot better than sharing a hotel with a group of drunken yobs!!
For the info of the "hand baggage only brigade" ( which I am one of) the hotel supplies toiletries but no hairdriers. They do not supply pool towels but did not object to residents taking room towels to the pool area.
For first timers to Los Cristianos, take the 111 bus from the airport to the bus sation for 3.10 euro's as opposed to 25/30 euro in a taxi. The hotel is a 300-400 yard walk downhill to the hotel. The buses are brilliant in Tenerife and they are very regular throughout the day and even the odd one through the night. ( I caught one at 04.15 to catch my 06.30 Ryanair flight back to Manchester).

Room Tip: Get a 111 bus from airport for 3.10 euro
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

great hotel quite old but spotless,food good choice something for everyone,entertainment ok probably better in the summer but not that importent as it handy for the town centre.
best of all the staff are very good and cheerful will be back. thank you very much bob/hilda plover

Room Tip: poolside better for me great views and a sunny balcony
1 Thank bobbycash
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear client,

I do appreciate the time you have taken on writing this review and I thank you very much for your positive comments. Your satisfaction is always our main priority and it is an honour to know that you have enjoyed your holiday with us once again.

Moreover, I can assure you that I will congratulate all the staff on their effort as reviews like yours are really motivating for all us.

I take this occasion to wish you very happy Christmas and New year 2013.

Best wishes,

Essex UK.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Lovely hotel with very friendly helpful knowledgeable staff.Something for every age group but mostly suitable for older couples.A short walk to beautiful beaches bars & restaurants.Near main bus stops for those wishing to go sightseeing.choice of food options exceptionally good & varied.This was our 2nd visit to this hotel & would definately stay here again.Good evening entertainment.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet at night.
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your time on sharing your experience with other travellers. Moreover, I also wanted to let you know how pleased I am to know that we have been able to satisfy your expectationsand you did enjoy your stay. Your positive comments are of the greatest importance for the motivation of all the staff in order to continue working even harder and offer our clients a good Qualirty Service.

Finally, I do hope you are coming back in the near future and have the opportunity to offer you my best personal attention.

Kind regards,

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good basic no frills hotel. Kept very clean, the staff are nice and the location good. We had a 11th floor room which was spacious with a separate bedroom and sitting room, and had wonderful views (no problem getting a lift at any time). Dining room is casual (but no beach clothes), the food unspectacular but fairly good selection. Ladies - there are no hair driers in the rooms so take your own, or you can hire one from reception (as I said, basic, no frills). There seemed to be a lot of people on return, sometimes multi-return, visits, which says a lot. Strange thing about this visit to Tenerife - we were plagued by flies. Never recall this on many previous visits????? The flies were a bigger irritation than the street sellers, though the street sellers are easier to get rid of. No doubt there is some explanation. We had glorious weather for 2 weeks and a lovely relaxing holiday. There is a 'Canariefest' free show of local singing and dancing every Thursday evening in the square just before the harbour, really good, don't miss if you're there.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are obviously better. The top 3 floors (13, 14, 15) are classed as 'superior'...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Been to this hotel many times last visit was four generations of us had a great holiday.The location is great you can have any kind of entertainment or not the hotel is very clean and the staff are really helpful,fab value for money.

• Stayed November 2012
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#23 of 57 in Costa Adeje
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,542 reviews

Been to TRYP Tenerife? Share your experiences!