“Impressed - better than I expected”
Review of TRYP Tenerife

TRYP Tenerife
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just back from my first time in Tenerife. I stayed here alone, though I had a number of friends staying in the LC/PDLA coastal area. The hotel is handily situated for the bus station and the beachfront. I was in a superior room (B&B basis) on the 14th floor (car park side) and was most impessed with it. The room was very spacious with a huge bathroom (hairdryer included for those with enough hair to need one). The balcony offered great views, though I'd not recommend peering over the side if you have a fear of heights. The room had very efficient air-conditioning although I only used it in short bursts, The rooms were cleaned daily, towels changed each time and toilet rolls replenished as and when necessary. Checking in was no problem, although arriving at 6pm on a Sunday probably helped. I did hire a safe, though at no point during my time in the hotel did I think there was likely to be a problem. Round and about, however, especially in Las Americas (Veronica's strip area) I'd advise extreme caution.
Breakfast, when I struggled down there was fine, with plenty of choices. There are 4 lifts so you never have to wait very long for one. The pool area was excellent with a handy bar outside that did a roaring trade, plenty of tables and chairs.
The entertainment wasn't to my particular taste, though other guests seemed to enjoy it - Bingo, snake show, parrot show, owl show, table tennis, darts etc you get the drift. I did enjoy the fashion show however.
All the staff I encountered during my stay were pleasant and friendly. Should I ever return to Tenerife I'd probably try to stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a superior room.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I returned from my holiday 14/11/2012 I travelled alone but that didn't matter my room was a double with a sitting room, good entertainment, and food also the children were catered for, I hardly seen sight of any.

Room Tip: One with a sitting room
1  Thank catstockport
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We're just back from a week at the Sol Princesca Dacil in Tenerife. The building itself is a vast sky scrapper, at odds with thenew low rise build in the town. Our first thought when we arrived was "welcome to the 1970's". The reception is vast, with much space wasted for no appartent reason. The ceiling has clearly had several major water leaks, the latest during the recent bad weather when we were staying. Checking in took a lot longer than should have been necessary although the staff were very pleasant.The hotel claims to be three star, and possibly was when it was built, but it has not moved with the times. The rooms do not have air conditioning, something that, in a warm place, is really needed if you want to sleep well. It is available, if you pay an additional twenty euros a day and move to the top two floors of the hotel. Similarly, a hair dryer is only avaiable if you rent it as are many other things that one would normally expect to find in a hotel roomin the twenty first century. On a positive, the rooms were spotless, cleaned everyday, with fresh towels swapped for used. Also, the entertainment staff worked extremely hard and deserved a better place of work than this 1970's throw back. The food was plain and plentiful, but lacked any imagination. If you are going to stay, your choice of room can decide whether you sleep. You have to open your windows to keep cool after all. Bar side, unless you join in the entertainment, you will be kept awake. Roadside, fine until about four o'clock when deliveries start to srrive. Would we go back? Very unlikely unless things changed.

Room Tip: Pool side, as high up as possible
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Woody52
Reviewed November 16, 2012

hi everybody, here is our review on this hotel. we have just returned from a week there on 12/11/11 and before we go any further .
,this hotel claims to be nothing other than a three star hotel,so ,if you want more stars,do not go,because it is a three star hotel. on arrival we were quickly booked in and went to our room,number 314, and it was spotless and ample for our needs,with plenty of space and comfortable beds,but although our view was over the car park we got a lovely view of the mountains and a partial view of our beach. however,the car park also held the delivery station for the hotels and we were woken fairly early in the morning,but that was a good thing and we got a good start to the day. the food is good and varied and the dining room was always busy but never over crowded. the pool/bar area was quite big and we had no problem getting a lounger,and all the staff were very helpfull at all times. the hotel has two minor problems and the first is that you have to pay for a mattress for your lounger,and the entertainment is of a low standard. so overall we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and tenerife in general and would recommed it,but as i said it is three star and we would go back. enjoy your holiday time and do not go about looking for faults as life is too short. all the best,bob and joan

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking the pool as it gets more of the sun during the day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bobbywraith
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for having chosen us to spend your holiday and also for taking some of your valuable time to inform us about your experience. Your opinion is of the greatest importance for us as your satisfaction is our main priority.

I do appreciate your kind words about the staff and service so I can assure you that I will inform all the team about you. Comments like yours are really motivating for all us. On the other hand, I also thank you for informing me about the deficiencies you noticed during your stay. We are analysing all the points you mention and taking the pertinent measures on the way to the improvement of our Quality Service.

Finally and insisting on my gratitude, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Sol Princesa Dacil hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Francisco Perez
Manager

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel. It was a girly break away to celebrate my 60th Birthday. Our group included me, my best friend age 69, my daughter age 40 and my step daughter age 22 and we all had a great time. I wrote prior to going to ask for rooms on a high floor but were allocated 2nd floor on arrival. After firmly refusing these rooms we were allocated rooms on the 6th floor next to each other. The rooms were lovely including a seperate lounge with sofa, coffee table and a balcony with a beautiful panoramic view of the resort, sea and inland.Lovely big bathroom which was useful with two women sharing. I like a bath but had to shower as this was the only way you could wash your hair. Plenty of hot waterand mirrors. The bedroom was roomy and beds were comfortable with spare pillows and blankets if needed. No air conditioning but with the window open it was cool.The hotel is in need of a facelift but the main thing is that it is clean and comfortable. Lots of hanging space but not many hangers. No hairdryer provided. This is not a 4* hotel so don't expect all the little extras you would usually get in one! We hired a safe for 20 Euros and they refund 5 Euros on return of the key.I did not feel unsafe and never heard of any break-ins. There was a security man on the door at night. The food was good. Not spectacular but plenty of it and the salads were very fresh and fruit was available every day. Usual hotel selection on the menu. Lovely fresh baguettes in the morning. We usually made a cheese one up for lunch and a piece of fruit. Although it said not to do it nobody stopped us. Air conditioned lounge bar was nice for a drink after dinner. Large TV with fotball/sport was in there but volume was kept low and it was a nice area to sit and have a chat after dinner. There was hotel entertainment but we went out every night as it was pretty poor. Either Snake Show, Flemenco, Quiz or similar. In the reception/lounge area there was a guy playing a keyboard every night so the oldies could have a bit of a dance or sit and play cards/chat. the Pool area was good and clean. Plenty of sunbeds although we did join the early birds who went down with their towels to save the more comfortable beds.Matresses were available to hire but we never had to do that as we always managed to get the canvas beds rather than the plastic slatted ones. A lot of people were all-inclusive so there was usually a queue at the snack bar. We were half board. There were a few games during the day ie ping-pong, killer darts and French Boules every afternoon at 3pm. Everyone was friendly. We felt very safe. There were a few women on there own and we all felt relaxed. Evenings we went out to Dreamers (a bar about 5 minutes down the road) and saw some fantasic tribute acts. Abba, Blues Brothers, Barry White, Billy Idol. Rod Stewart. Lovely promanade walk nearby too. Shops within 5 minutes walk. We had a great Time and I will probably go back with my husband next year.

Room Tip: Avoid first two floors. Higher rooms are much bigger.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EnaSharples
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Highly recommended for couples / people who need a peaceful holiday, in a nice hotel with a great service all round. We'll surely come again.
Positives:
* Rooms. Are cleaned every day properly, new towels, etc. Also, any other part of the hotel, including the outside surrounding area, pool, bar, etc. is kept all really neet and tidy. Well done!
* Restaurant. Excellent cooked in most of the cases, diversity of choices acording to everyones taste. Freshly cooked food in front of your eyes: grill, steakes, fish, eggs, etc. I must mention also the friendly staff who are so very efficient in the restaurant.
* Entertainment. Looks like they have nearly every evening some program prepared for the guests in the lobby area with music, dance, bar. Very nice time we've spent there.
* Close to everything: The Beach is just few hundred metres away, lovely fine sand and nice shallow sea, great for families with children. Great are the hotels pools as well, surounded with sun loungers (free). Also close you have the Bus station, the Airport, many restaurants and shops all around. Something for everyone. Very nice walk along the beaches.
Negatives:
Well, not many :-) Probably they could improve in renovating / renewing here and there. The treadmill was not working in the GYM room, also no air conditioning / ventilation in the gym. Clock on the wall (in the gym) was stuck showing same time....just because needed new battery... :-)

Conlcusion: We highly recommend this hotel. We will surely go again there.
Also the area, Los Cristianos, is much nicer than other parts of the island.

Room Tip: From second floor upwards you'll have view to the sea/ocean. Not all rooms have air conditioning...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pisiku73

Dear client,

I need to thank you very much for having choosing us to spend your holiday and also for taking your time on sharing your experience with other travellers. Moreover, I am very pleased to know that your have really enjoyed your stay with us. I should tell that your kind and positive comments are very motivating for us in order to continue working even harder and offer our clients a good Quality Service.

On the other hand, I also appreciate you mention the weak points you noticed as in Sol Princesa Dacil hotel, we do believe that only by listening our client's opinion, we can identify our deficiencies and take the pertinent corrective measures.

Finally, I hope you continue having trust on our company and have the opportunity to attend your personally in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Francisco Perez
Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I always keep coming back to this hotel.Stayed here about a dozen times now.
Rooms are very comfotable, food and services are very good. Always staed on a half-board basis. The hotel is easily reached from the airport and is literally 2 minutes walk from the lvely beachs of Los Cristianos. Supermarkets, restaurants & bars very close , yet is a very quiet hotel late at night for a good nights sleep. Highly recommended and will be returning soon again.

Room Tip: high level room recommended. Superior rooms cost a little extra (20 euro extra per night). Room with...
2  Thank peter R
#13 of 60 in Costa Adeje
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
#12 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to TRYP Tenerife? Share your experiences!