“Terrible hotel security”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Terrible hotel security”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As frequent international travelers this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Appallingly slow check-in process with only 2 members of staff on reception duty at any one time. Extremely poor security, so much so that whilst on a family holiday/ get-together my bag was stolen from alongside us whilst sunbathing within the grounds of the hotel. The staff and duty manager appeared disinterested and when asked if CCTV was in operation we were informed it was only switched on from 7pm and the camera would not pick anything up where incident took place anyway. There was also a lack of security understanding and procedures in place since we were directed by the hotel staff to attend the local police station to report the matter only to be turned away and re-directed back to the hotel were they should have directed us to an interpreted police reporting service which the Hotel should have assisted with initially.
Upon checking out of the hotel we asked for our luggage to be stored securely until we transferred to our timeshare, though we felt we had to remain on the hotel's premises to maintain a vigil since it was apparent that free access was available to anyone and everyone who asked for the key to the ‘secure’ room, without even checking if they were residents.
We would not recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room that has A/C.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kathleen W
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to kindly ask you to accept my most sincere apologies for the incidence you suffered during your stay with us. Moreover, I deeply regret that you got this bad impression about our attention as your satisfaction is our main priority.

Furthermore, I need you to understand that according to the spanish law, it is always the affected of the incidence who has to make the report personally in the police. It is not allowed for any of us to make a report in the name of any clients. I do regret the annoyance that this happening caused to you during your holiday.

On the other hand, I need to inform you that we do take in account all the points you mention in your review and the Management and Quality Department are taking the pertinent corrective measures always on the way to the continous improvement of our Quality Service.

Finally, I sincerely hope that this bad experience doesn't deter you from chosing us or any Melia Hotels International hotel in the future and you continue having trust on our company. I also take this occasion to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Helensburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once again i can only praise this Hotel and the Staff , my wife and I visited again on the 5th October 2012 and stayed in the same room overlooking the Port,the view is wonderful,on the 13th floor you have a great sun trap on a large balcony, the staff including all the cleaners,maids and bar staff are wonderful, great to see Lemes in the bar, and the Animation team work really hard, thanks to Manuella and Florian and Eva for keeping us entertained. Looking forward to returning again next year. Thank you.

Room Tip: Top three floors with superior rooms are best.
Dear client,

I would like to thank you very much for your loyalty to our stablishment and also for having taken the time on writing your opinion. I am very pleased to know that you always enjoy your stay with us and you are satisfied with the efforts of our staff in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Your opinion is very important for us so I can guarantee you that I am going to inform all them and specially to Lemes and the entertainment team about your satisfaction. Your kind words are very motivating for all them.

Finally and hoping that you are coming back to visit us soon, I take this opportunity to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having just returned for one week at this hotel ,I wanted to share with others my honest opinions on this hotel. The building is very old and maybe not that great to look at but it is so very clean and the staff in general are really 100% committed to ensuring you have a great time. I shall give you a quick overview in my own words.
Arrived late in evening and a very conjested reception awaited us , hot and tired from travelling this was not what we wanted, not that impressed by the reception staff from first contact, they were distracted and lacked a professional interest in what we wanted, we were rushed into dinner as the restaurant was closing, so we had a quick bite to eat and then off to our rooms. We were on the 1st floor and had two side by side rooms as we were with friends this was super, room adequite and very clean , no products at all in the bathroom but it did have clean linen and sufficent sized towels. Beds OMG like a back door so hard I count myself a well travelled person and those beds unreal, it was like lying on a door step so hard. anyway next day out to pool and decking area staff Super helpful smiling and the animation team small in number large in effort really 100% to them they were Great. Daily activities and lots to do and watch for tjose like me and my friend who wanted to sun bath. Food was hit and miss at time sbut you got enough to do you, bar service slow at times but no issues with the quality or quanity we were all inclusive and it was super, my husband was having his 50th birthday and the hotel pulled out the stops not one but two bts of Cava each one lovely and very much appreciated. in closing this is a good clean family friendly hotel for what you pay and you could not fault the staff in general they are Fantastic. I think it would not be one that i would go back to as it is too old and tired for me and my friends also lack of air con made it tough to sleep but HAY we had super time and thanks to all involved......

Room Tip: Go for 7th floor the rooms are suppose to be better up there....ask for pool facing as road can be n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your time on writing your review and sharing your experience with other travellers. I am pleased to know that you and your friends have emjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is our main priority.

Moroever, I also wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you inform us about the deficiencies you noticed during your stay because in Sol Princesa Dacil hotel, we do believe that by listening our clients, we can identify our weak points and improve our Quality Service. However, I need to inform that we also have Superior Rooms with air condtioning in the 13th, 14th and 15th floor that could be more suitable for your needs.

Finally and insisting on my gratitude, I do hope to have the oportunity to attend you personally one day and offer you my best attention.

Romford
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was our 4th visit to the Princesa Dacil and once again we had a fantastic holiday,. We have no hesitation recommending this Hotel. We hope to visit again next year. Staff are really friendly, rooms are clean and the food is excellent. Handy location for the beach and shops.

Room Tip: Mid floor for views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin G
Dear client,

Once again I wanted to thank you very much for choosing us to spend your holiday and let you know how pleased I am to have loyal clients like you. It is an honour for us to know that we have fulfilled your expectations one more time and I do appreciate that you are sharing your experience with other traveller.

Moreover, I also appreciate your kind and positive words about our service and staff and I can assure you that i will inform the staff about your satisfaction as it is really motivating for all them.

Finally, I hope that you are coming back in the near future and have the opportunity once again to make your holiday as memorable as possible.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my wife stayed for a 3rd time in October i believe each time we have stayed the hotel improves. From the outside it looks a little dated but is it very clean and the staff are welcoming. The entertainment staff put on some good shows Grease was our favorite. We have never failed to get a Sun lounger.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room with a lounge.
1 Thank Mick N
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear client,

I thank you very much for your time on writing this review and sharing your experience in Sol Princesa Dacil hotel with other travellers. Moreover, I would like to tell you how happy it makes me to know that you do like the improvements and changes we are making litle by little. It is an honour to know that our efforts to improve our service are not in vain.

Finally, and insisting on my gratitude, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again to Sol Princesa Dacil and stay as your disposal to make your stay as memorable as possible.

Newcastle

September 2012

The Princesa Dacil is ideally situated for for the beach and restaurants etc. and the bus station is a very short walk away where buses depart for all parts of the island.

The food is what one would expect from a 3 star hotel and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Rooms are always cleaned to a good standard and the bed linen and towels are changed regularly.

Air conditioning or a fan would be an asset below the 13th floor.

The entertainment team are excellent for both adults and children, but there are sometimes long queues at the pool bar in the summer evenings.

Having stayed at this hotel many times, we look forward to returning to the Princesa Dacil once again in November.

Room Tip: Lots of space in rooms with lounge. Front sea view rooms have excellent views. Only the top three...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dorothy B
Dear client,

I would like to thank you very much for your loyalty to us. It is always an honour to have clients like you that are coming back year by year as you cheer us up to continue working even harder in order to improve the service for our clients.

Moreover, it is very kind of you your positive comments about the staff and I will also let them know about your satisfaction. In the name of all of them, a big thank you. On the other hand, I also appreciate you inform us about the weak points you noticed during you stay. We do take in account all the client's opinion as your satisfaction is our main prioriy.

Finally, I hope to see you very soon and have the opportunity to offer you my best personal attrention.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were surprised that the rooms have been up graded, It only added to the comfort of our stay. This is a 3 star hotel and you should not be expecting the luxury of a 5 star establishment, but saying this some of the rooms are way above some of the 4 star places we've stayed in around the world. We have always felt very comfortable here. The staff are friendly and most of the guest. A great pool area, excellent food, and brilliant value for money

Room Tip: Go for a room on the poolside in the winter (sunnier) Go for a room on the Town side in summer (qui...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
franciscoperez, Gerente at TRYP Tenerife, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to tell how much I appreciate your loyalty to Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel and also thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to share your experience with other travellers.

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay once again, I can assure you that I am going to inform about your satisfaction to the staff as your kind words are really motivating for all us. I am also very happy that you like the new changes we have made in the rooms. We will continue working even harder in order to offer our clients a Good Quality Service.

Finally, I do hope you are coming back in the near future and have the opportunity once again to fulfil your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Cristianos
#20 of 57 in Costa Adeje
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
#3 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona

Been to TRYP Tenerife? Share your experiences!