“sol princessa dacil 10 day holiday september 2011”
Review of TRYP Tenerife

TRYP Tenerife
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed September 16, 2011

we have just got back from this hotel and will go back again because we loved it here despite the cleaner who threw my wifes make up away which she left on the floor in a plasic bag in the bathroom worth about £40,they did offer a refund but only if my wife went and bought them in the resort and showed the reciepts,, so it ended o.k.entertainments staff were very good ,especially the young german guy who was working on entertainments,he was very polite and well mannered and was very funny on stage when an artist tried to whip a cigaret out of his mouth and he was shaking ,,,,very funny indeed10/10 food was very good and located perfectly for the market or beach and shops, we met a nice old guy who we used to talk with each day who had gone by himself and it turned out it was his 26th time at this hotel and that sumned the hotel up...a great little place that we certainly go back to...10/10

Room Tip: the rooms dont have air conditioning so hire a fan at 15 euros a week
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Greatbarr
There are newer reviews for TRYP Tenerife

Reviewed September 12, 2011

A friend and I stayed here for a week from 2 September. We had paid extra for a superior room and it was well worth it, the room was spacious with air conditioning and a large bathroom with bath and shower, wc and bidet. We were on the 13th floor and the views were wonderful. Room was cleaned every day and with fresh towels every day also.

There weren't a lot of children there at this time so it was quite quiet around the pool, I believe kids' activities are in that area in the holidays. The evening entertainment was in this area on a stage and generally it was good, although I'm not a fan of ,animal acts (birds and snakes)

We were on an All Inclusive basis which was good although certain things were excluded, coffee being one.

The food in the huge dining hall was excellent, so much variety from salads through to freshly grilled steaks and fish. I have never seen so much choice, it was amazing. If anyone says they couldn't find what they liked there must be something amiss with them!
The dining room staff were attentive and pleasant, tables were cleared constantly.

Unfortunately on the Friday and Saturday there was disco music being played until 4am but it was not at our hotel, but somewhere quite close. Apart from that we slept well and everyone was considerate of their fellow holidaymakers.

The whole hotel was clean in my opinion (and I am quite fussy) Also I disagree with the person who said Los Cristianos was full of dog muck, we thought the streets were very clean generally. The hotel is well situated for the beach and the shops.

I would certainly recommend this hotel, particularly to families with children.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bombingo
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I had to write a review as there are far too many bad reviews about this brilliant hotel. I had a wonderful holiday here on my own. I was apprehensive to be travelling alone but the staff go out of their way to be helpful from the cleaner to the restaurant staff to the bar staff - they couldn't be more friendly. The entertainment staff were amazing and there seemed to be no end to their talents. I did the most fun aquaerobics session ever, also darts, a salsa lesson and pistol shooting. Every night was a kids disco followed by bingo and evening shows which included grease, strictly ballroom, the snakeman, and spanish dancers. There was music and fun around the pool every day - making it a great place to stay whatever your age. I will definitely be going back again this year!
The beds were incredibly comfortable, but I think I would go for a superior room with aircon as it was a bit too hot for me. I spoke to some people who booked this kind of room though low cost holidays and they got a great deal. The maids did a great job, even making pretty shapes with the bedcovers and nightwear! It was a 5-10 minute walk to the beach, but I had so much fun around the pool that I spent all my time there! I think it would be very hard to not enjoy a holiday here!!!

Room Tip: It worked out cheaper for me to book half board and then pay €10/day to upgrade to all-inclusive - s...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Abi S
Reviewed September 9, 2011

we have been to this hotel for many years and have seen some changes over those years. The entertainment staff were very good with students learning all about the ways things are done-slight language barrrier for some but overall very good.
the hotel is kept very clean and the pool. There is a lifeguard on duty 9-5 but think the times should change to 10-6 as there is no need for the early start! The shows at the hotel are great and there is entertainment during the day if you want to join in- shooting, waterpolo, darts, salsa lessons,crazy golf (deposit needed). the massage chairs are very good!
All inclusive should mean that, where icecreams are included in the price and you shouldnt need to upgrade again once you get there. also if you have a night flight you should be able to get all inclusive while you are there and not haveto pay extra 10 euros per person and it only lasts till 6pm.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 25missy
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel was clean and basic most of the staff were nice apart from a member of the reception team and the young bar tender they were extremly rude .We went all inclusive although it wasnt all inclusive unless you paid and extra 8 euros a day but when you have paid £3,500 for 2 weeks for a family of 4 we wasnt willing to pay out any more. The air con, fans, fridges, irons and boards hairdryers, ice cream, crisps and some of the poolside activities were also charged for the bar was open from 10am till 11pm for all inclusive guests after that you had to pay who wants to go to bed at 11pm on their hols.
The kids club was good for both children and adults staff were really nice and once they knew your name there was no getting away with not joining in unless you didnt want too. Dino and Fred flintstone made a couple of apperanceses a day where you could dance with them round the pool. There was aqua fit ,darts ,shooting, salsa lessons and water polo for the adults and older children to take part in and the climbing wall, pool mat ,inflatable ball, painting, face painting ,etc for the children. Every evening there was a mini disco and entretaiment some good some not so good the only thing i thought it was lacking was a disco after for the adults as the entertainment finished for 10:45pm so it was a case of drink up and go .
The food was nice with lots of veriety salad bar, kids choice pella, type dish a grill area where chefs cooked the meat / fish in front of you and a bainebaree with hot dishes on there was also a dessert / fruit island . The same dishes did keep popping up which after 2 weeks was getting boring the waiters and waitresses were very nice and friendly and kept the dinning area clean and tidy .
The rooms were cleaned daily typical spanish hotel rooms beds were very uncomfy though didnt really sleep well there unless we got a cat nap around the pool .
los christianos itself was typical full of dog dirt all over the pavements, grafetti, lookie lookie men, a small harbour and lots of shops. Siam park was good but very busy and theres a free bus you can get to it which is about 20min drive and loro parque was lovely too thats about a 2 hour drive if your on a coach. They do say there isnt any mosquitoes in tenirife but something was biting as i had a few bites and so did 1 of my children.
All in all i've been now but would'nt be going back although we did meet people that have been several times it was nice but not that nice

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Can I start by saying despite travelling around the world and having in stayed in some questionable places, I have never felt compelled to write a review. We've always had a laugh and made the best of our holiday. However this so called hotel is undoubtedly the most horrendous place I have been to.

It is shabby and dated but that we could live with; the faeces and urine covered beds, dilapidated balcony, disgusting cold greasy food, dirty cutlery and rude staff we could not. Please check out some of my holiday photos!

There are so many terrible things I could tell you about this hotel. Here are just a few.

We ate in the so-called restaurant 1 time during our stay and my son had sickness and dirorreah as a result. After that we ate out every time. The food can only be described as slop, the plates/ cutlery are chipped and dirty. It really resembled a run down transport cafe from the 70's.

The reception staff and 'quality manager' are the most disinterested, rude people I have ever encountered. Honestly I never witnessed such unprofessional and unhelpful staff. The bath handrail was snapped and hanging off when we arrived, the beds were filthy and had springs poking out, the balcony was crumbling before our eyes, electric wires were exposed yet nothing was done our entire stay.

Not to be forgotten just as a little guide here are the prices for the 'extras' that a so called 3 star will
not provide during a 14 day stay:

5 € to hire the remote for the t.v.

1.50€ each per day to rent the padding for the sunbeds!

69€ for a mini fridge

35€ for a standing fan or 110€ for a portable a/c unit( you really need one as the rooms get boiling and there's no a/c in standard rooms. You can pay 20€ a night for a grotty room with a/c but they are for a maximum of 2 guests.

25€ each for a hairdryer/iron/ kettle.

Obviously as other reviews gave highlighted the AI doesn't mean AI and it seems everything us extra at this hotel.

To top it off on 2 occasions they gave other guests keys to our room by mistake???? Once at 7am when I was sleeping and a man walked in and another time a couple while I was changing.

I could go on and on about how bad this hotel is. Please please don't waste your money

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank Gennith
Reviewed September 4, 2011

AVOID AVOID unless your a warm blooded mammal. Just come back from this Very hot 3 star hotel, There is no air condintioning anywhere!! NOT at Reception, Not at Lobby,Not in Dinning/Breakfast room The only place its cool for 20 euros more a night is in the superior rooms on the top 3 floors and that has no control so your freezing in the morning, Our room with lounge was 28/27 degrees at night.
The food was not good to, the spanish love their SALT most of the food was salty. The only postive i would say about this hotel was the staff where very helpful and friendly, I for sure would not go back unless they spend some serious money on this sol hotel must be the bottom of their fleet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
#15 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Spring Arona Gran Hotel
Spring Arona Gran Hotel
#3 of 13 in Los Cristianos

Been to TRYP Tenerife? Share your experiences!