3,884 results
All reviewstryp hotelprincess dacilsuperior roomentertainment teamseparate loungeper dayplenty of choicethree stargreat holidaysitting roombed and breakfastevening entertainmentpool barshort walk to the beachlounge areabottle of champagnebus station
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Not happy.rooms are poor.swimming pool is very small.nowhere near adequate for the hotel size.would not recommend to an enemy let alone a friend.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Dalejones1
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The reception staff at this hotel are fantastic and went out of their way to deliver excellent customer service from the moment we arrived. The restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and the hotel is very clean and has great facilities. It is in a great location on the island, away from Las Americanas but close enough for a night out. We will definitely be back for another brilliant holiday!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank JulieS124
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for a week, it was the perfect location for various beaches, bars and only a short taxi ride to the lively Playa de las Americas. The service was excellent, the reception staff were especially helpful, friendly and professional. I would recommend the AI package, there was always a lot of choice at dinner and breakfast and is great value for money. It also saved us a lot of hassle and we could save money for other things, like the awesome water park Siam Park. Bus stop is right outside the hotel.
This hotel was great value for money and was ideal for us looking for a good place to stay near the main towns and attractions. I will go back :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank LeahFaye
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at the Sol Princesa last week and really enjoyed my stay. I checked in on a Saturday night about 8pm and it was pretty quick with a very friendly receptionist. They said I had booked a superior room (I had not but didn't tell them), and was given a room on the top floor with a lovely view of the sea. Room was large with twin-beds and a sofa, and air-conditioning. Don't bother with the tv as the only English channel is Sky News. Bathroom was fine with bath and shower, and it was all clean.
Breakfast the next morning was ok. Restaurant is a bit like a Cafeteria, but plenty of seats. Loads of cereals, cheese, ham, bread stuffs and fruit. Also a hot section with eggs etc and an omlette station. Maybe a bit basic but you will not starve!!!
Pool area was very pleasant. Plenty of sun-loungers to go round and a friendly pool-bar for those all important beverages in the sun.
Location is ideal, minutes from the sea and all the bars and restaurants along the way.
I would stay here again, maybe not for 2 weeks but certainly for 5-7 days.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JofromWales
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My friend and I have recently returned from a week at Sol Princesa Dacil on an all inclusive package. The hotel although needing a little updated was very enjoyable.
The food was average with the same meals daily with chicken, pork and fish
being the main dishes but you would not go hungry. My main problem was that on
the last day of my holiday my friend and I were relaxing in the garden area when
someone managed to get into the garden through the mesh perimeter fencing and
once into the garden managed to steal my bag. On inspection the fence and wall
are badly in need of replacing. I immediately contacted the staff, who although
rang the police for me to speak to them, were not in the least bit helpful.
I informed them that within the bag was the key to our room and also the
safe key. They agreed to replacing the door key but would not change the
safe key until my friend and I had walked the perimeter of the hotel to see if
the bag had been dumped. I am 63yr old and my friend 69yr old. However, we did
as we were told and walked for the perimeter and looked in every bin but
unfortunately the bag was not to be seen. I reported back to the hotel staff
who then agreed to change the safe door. When this work was completed
I was then informed that I could not have my deposit returned as they charge
when you loose your safe key. I tried to explain that I did not loose it but it had
been stolen from their secure garden. No notice was taken by the staff which
then left my very angry. I will not be returning to this hotel again. What
I will say is that they need to completely renew the fencing and make their
property secure, next time it may not be a bag stolen but may be a child as the
play area for the children is also accessed from the garden.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends