“Still Great!!!”

Description: Opposite Pension la Paloma
EU
“Still Great!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is the third holiday where we've dined at La Paloma and it's still great. Fish and steak cooked to perfection. On a different night we had tapas which were also excellent (very generous portions too). The childrens menu is also very good. Our wee grandson was certainly very happy with his fish (and the attention from Helena). A lovely, happy, relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited April 2012

• Finnish first
Rugby
“Relaxing, authentic lunch.”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife and I wanted to try something that would give us an authentic taste of the tapas experience provided in Tenerife, we decided to try La Paloma and we were not disappointed.
We chose the set menu for 20 euros that provided us with ten different tapas to sample and we really enjoyed the experience as well as the food. I had a bottle of house red with the food and it was very palatable. Each of the tapas dishes that we had were well cooked and gave us a lovely taster of authentic Canarian food, the lady that served us was very attentive to our needs and very friendly
We chose to eat outside as it was lunchtime and quite warm, the outside tables were in the pedestrian street directly outside the door. All of the tables that were outside were occupied and several of the customers appeared to be on return visits to the restaurant. On venturing into the restaurant to go to the toilet it appeared to be really charming and we both wished that we had found this place earlier in our stay so that we could have enjoyed a main meal inside. We will visit again when next in Tenerife.

• Visited January 2012
RUGBY, UK
“Mad as wasps but great fun.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We ate here 4 times during our 2 week stay., the food was top notch every time, tapas, grilled fish, lamb, steak, (time to get back on that diet)..
Theres a real happy buzz about this family owned restaurant. The lady owner really makes you feel welcome and happily natters away as she takes your order and importantly remembers you if you happen to return which you will. Even when we walked past one evening we got a wave and a cheery shout from her.
Her daughter (I think) works the tables in the evenings and is delightful and just as mad as Mum. Even the waiter walks by singing and dancing. I challenge anyone not to here leave with a smile.

• Visited December 2011
EU
“I Agree”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I agree with the previous reviewer - this place is excellent! I tried to review it last year just after we visited, but I couldn't remember the address. It's on one of the little side streets in the old town and well worth a visit if you happen to stumble across it. Going back again in 6 weeks and can't wait.

• Visited October 2010
Derby, United Kingdom
“Geaat Authentic Spanish/Canarian Food”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I've been here on my last 3 trips to Los Cristianos, and probably had 7 or 8 meals here, I've never had a single course that wasn't great..
It's authentic and welcoming. The food and the very friendly staff are 1st class.
I can highly recommend the house lamb (make sure you're hungry - it's huge), Rabbit, Tapas and everything else.
It's a bit tricky to find, but well worth the search. I'm amazed that no one has reviewed it before, definitely my favourite place can't wait for my next visit.

• Visited February 2011