“An Excellent Find”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Llangollen, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Find”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having walked the length of the beach from above Americas to Los Cristianos (5 hours!), we stumbled upon this restaurant just as it got dark. We sat outside and watched to boats coming in and out of the harbour, even had a quick swim. The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. The food was plentiful and of good quality and the prices were very reasonable. We sat and chatted for ages after finishing our meal and were put under no pressure to vacate our table. The one down side.... there was no toilet paper in the gents... a little embarassing. Should check first :-)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Edgewood48

• Finnish first
Stafford
“Lovely little restaurant”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My fiance and I dined here while on holiday at the Gran Oasis resort not far away.

We stopped to look at the menu and the man out on the street showed us the English one. We were seated outside overlooking the beach which was lovely!

We ordered drinks and then the food once the drinks arrived. We didn't have to wait long for either and both meals were delicious! The service was great, all the staff were friendly and it was good value for money.

We enjoyed it so much that we returned to yet another lovely meal two nights later.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sarah F
London, UK
“Really, really bad”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a classic "tourist trap". The location is excelent and on the outside it looks fine, but everything else is utterly bad! Truly one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had.

They guy pulling us off the street was nice. That should have been a warning in itself. The photos of the food and the huge menu, tranlated into probably a dozen languages should have been another warning, so you can argue we did this to ourselves.

From the time we were seated, everything was horrible. The nice guy from the street was exchanged with a waitor with a serious attitude problem. The table wasn't cleaned and it was rocking so bottles and glasses would fall over. We ordered Chateaubriand, which happend to be the most expensive dish on the menu. A third waitor - a poor clueless young woman - tried to cut it at the table but pretty much had to rip it apart because it was so full of tendons. The vegetables were from a can and too sour to eat! What should have been some sort of mashed potato was the saltiest gunk I have ever tasted. And it was pressed out of some container and resembled some sort of yellowish sausage. We tried it but didn't eat it.

The kids were hungry but couldn't eat their kids meals. Not even the fries!!

We couldn't wait to leave so we asked for the bill. Took ages to get it. I asked to pay with my AmEx credit card and another person had to bring the terminal out. No problem, except this had now taken forever. She tried the card three times. Didn't work. She then told me to come inside to try a different terminal. Went inside. Still didn't work. I finally asked if they even accepted AmEx. Her reply: "No." Got my Visa out. Paid. Left. Will never come back.

I could have lived with the bad service, but the food was truly inedible. That's what you get for not checking Tripadvisor before you chose your restaurant...

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank BusinessJumper
bradford
“Poor and well over-priced”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Where do I start? This restaurant relies on the fact that it is in prime position on the promenade and makes no attempt to get repeat trade if the food was anything to go by.

We had garlic prawns, mussels in tomato sauce and spanish fried cheese with honey as starters. The "fried" cheese turned out to be just slices on cheese (not fried) and the honey turned out to be apricots.

The prawns in garlic butter tasted of neither garlic nor prawns. They were just tasteless.

I ordered a double sirloin but changed to the T-bone (medium rare) at 18.95 Euros on the waiters recommendation. My other friends ordered small the mixed grill and lasagne.

The recommended T-bone was , I have to say, THE worst steak I have ever had set before me. It was absolutely incinerated to the point where the bone was actually burnt black. The meat on it which had survived the holocaust was like biltong. My friend's mixed grill didn't fare much better and the lasagne was tasteless. We didn't see much point in complaining to a chef who obviously has absolutely no idea how to cook.

This was the worst AND most expensive of all the places we ate in Los Cristianos. Avoid it like the plague folks.

4 beers, 4 starters, 4 mains, 2 bottles of house wine - 136 euros.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank waj_the_badge
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Poor Food”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

From the outside this restaurant looks fine - they have a large menu which sounds appetising and the people outside aren't overly "pushy" in persuading you to go in. We (a family of 2 adults and our two sons (aged 13 & 11)) ate here one evening during our recent holiday. Unfortunately the food was simply awful. My wife & I ordered the chicken paella which was greasy, over-cooked and contained dark brown lumps of meat which I assume was the chicken. I can't confirm this as we didn't risk eating them. Our sons both chose chicken and chips which, whilst slightly better than our meal, also seemed pretty poor quality and tasteless. With hindsight we should have complained but in the end we just paid and left the restaurant. To be fair the service in the restuarant was fine and the setting near the harbour is good but the food needs serious improvement.

• Visited August 2012