“Delicious”

Restaurant Mongolian BBQ
Ranked #22 of 422 Restaurants in Los Cristianos
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Barbecue, Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
London
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It is great food we had a bbq dish, never had this type of food before but it was very nice. It is very pricey though. The setting is outdoor but undercover and a nice setting. A little out of town but walkable from the main town

Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
“Gone Down”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having dined here on a number of occasions while on previous trips, we made a beeline for the restaurant on the first night of our recent holiday. What a disappointment. My wife ordered chicken from the menu and was served chewy beef. Her only recompense was a free cola. I went for the BBQ.. Soup was awful. Fish choice was limited but ok. Meat, especially the lamb was well below standard: tough and tasteless. There seems to have been an almost complete change of staff since our last visit. Service has gone from excellent to barely adequate.

Needless to say, we did't go back.

“Best meal of holiday”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went for the buffet option as we walked past a number of nights and the smells were divine! We were shown around the restaurant to each section and fully explained how the buffet worked. Soup was lovely as were the starters. It was the main that really impressed, the chef cooked our meal in front of us and let us taste each sauce before choosing. Overall a great experience and would definitely recommend a visit!

East Kilbride
“Worth a visit.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Friends had visited last week and recommended it.
We vusited tonight and sat next to a couple who were repeat visitors.
So far so good.
Buffet is €13.95...
All you can eat from soup, assorted starters and various mains.
Soups were fine. Nothing special but more than adequate.
Starters were like standard buffet starters... again, nothing special but serve a purpise if thats what you like.

The main fishes were excellent and worth the visit.
Noodles rice veg...
Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Fish, Pork, Prawns, Mussels. .. ...

Fill your pot and take it to the hot plate..
Choose from about a dozen sauces from Teriyaki and Oyster to Mongolian Curry or Sweet and Sour...

Then watch the chef create your hand chosen meal.

With the price including a drink and a bottle of house wine under €12, it was good value for money and very tasty.

Service was ok too... not in your face but certainly not slack.

Will def go back before heading home.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Mongolian BBQ, Tenerife.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I were here around two weeks ago and were hugely disappointed.
The service is the main problem. We were "looked after" by Jordan-probably the most miserable and ignorant waiter we've ever encountered. No smile, no chat and hugely off putting.
The other waiters seemed friendly enough, but all came across as slightly miserable.
Food and drink... Well the drinks took an age to arrive and for some reason we were given an extra pint of beer. No major problem there, it got drunk!
We both had starters which arrived fairly quickly. I had the hot and sour soup that was ok. A huge portion which unfortunately I couldn't finish. Again no problem there!
My wife had the vegetarian spring rolls which she said were tasty enough but dry-no dipping sauce! Maybe an oversight by the staff, but it was difficult to get their attention, so she just ate them as they were.
Mains.. Could've been breakfast cause it took so long for them to arrive. Decided against the buffet and instead ordered from the menu.
My wife just had a cheese and onion pizza which was (when it finally arrived) average at best. Can't say much against it though as its not a pizzeria.
I ordered the Mongolian fillet steak. As there was no description as to garnish/accompaniments, I asked old cheery Jordan if it came with veg or chips or anything and received a very curt "nuthin'".
As he already had the menus, I gave up and just ordered chips.
After an age my steak arrived. Don't know what cut it was, but it sure as hell wasn't fillet! Chewy, grisly, fatty and way over cooked. Wasn't asked for my preference, but wasn't sure if it was meant to be cooked a specific way for authenticity? Either way it was really poor. Sauce wasn't really to my taste, quite sweet, but that's not a criticism. And Jordan was wrong-it came with onions through the sauce!
Other people seemed to be enjoying their food, with most using the buffet, so maybe that's the way to go, but we won't be finding out cause if we're ever back in Tenerife, we won't be going to the Mongolian BBQ.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Dalesdeadbugger
mongolian r, Manager at Restaurant Mongolian BBQ, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your review, please accept our sincerest apologies for your disappointment.

Your comments regarding service levels have been noted.

We would have appreciated your comments (re. both service and food quality) on the night during your visit in order to have been able to ensure your satisfaction.

If you are ever in Tenerife again I would be delighted to meet you personally and hopefully you might be persuaded to offer us the opportunity to reverse your negative opinions exspressed in this review.

Thank you for your visit and review.
Regards.