“Great Find”
Review of Mina Studios

Mina Studios
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed with two friends with Mina in April 2011. Mina came to pick us up at the ferry, even though we were over an hour late! She was very welcoming and so helpful, willing to drive us to and from the ferry. We were on the quiet side of the island, which was great for sleeping, but still only a quick bus/cab ride away from all the action at the clubs and bars. The beach was beautiful, even though it was too cold to go in! The food was amazing, and the views were spectacular. The room was perfect for the three of us, even though the shower took a little getting used to. However, it was just what we frugal travelers needed. We'll definitely come back again! Love the free wi-fi everywhere in Greece!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank csi19

Reviewed September 11, 2011

It is at least the 6th time, I have stayed with Mina and Kosmas at Minas Studios at Plati Yalos. The first time was in 1996 (I think). I have returned again and again because of the reasonable price of the rooms, the good location and especially because of Mina and Kosmas who have always proved to be kind and helpful hosts.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank boxcalff
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend in July and the place was great. Free shuttle from Mina to and from the port and brilliant family. So friendly and helpful! Beautiful location next to the beach and easy to get in and out of town. Would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This feature may not appear on your booking. Look for her when you get off the ferry.

Easy 3-minute walk to bus, minimart, card phone, restaurants, and of course the beach. Room was charming. Cosmos helped us get our mobile working in Greece and several other ways. Not cheap, but worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Easy 3-minute walk to bus, minimart, card phone, restaurants, and of course the beach. Room was charming. Cristos helped us get our mobile working in Greece and several other ways. Not cheap, but worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Mina, the owner, showed us her place when we arrived from the ferry. Her place stood out because it was a little out of town at a place that had a much better beach than in town. It wa a great choice, the local beach was small but awesome with great restaurants & cocktails on the beach. Very relaxed. Mina's place was nice, her family was friendly and drove us to the ferry. It wasnt flash, but clean and good on a budget. The only problem was that our bed sqeaked!

Room Tip: Comfy, family oriented
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Mykonos is known as a party island, but I was able to stay away from the fray in a beautiful studio run by Mina, who along with her husband, is very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. I was on Mykonos to go to Delos and to catch my flight home from Greece after a month on the islands, and it was the perfect re-entry place to stay. I felt like I was staying at a good friend's house, only with my own wonderfully decorated greek-style blue and cream colored studio with view, balcony, light, kitchen, and free wireless at a really reasonable price. Her studios are not in the main town, but off in a quieter beach town, which is on a pretty little bay. Even though the street and surrounding hills were covered with those charming white square buildings that are the required style for hotels, inns, studios, homes, and apartments on this island, the beach was lined with restaurants, and the sand was completely covered with beach lounge chairs and umbrellas, it actually felt pretty low key here, although this was just before the heavy tourist season started this year. It was the perfect location, as it had restaurants, grocery stores, and a beach right there, plus another beach in walking distance. I enjoyed peaceful breakfasts on my private balcony, and yoga on my shared side patio, both above the street. Within one block was the bus stop to the main town (and the boats to Delos), and on the beach pier was the water taxi origin to get to the other beaches on that part of the island (I recommend Elia Beach for more peace). If I return to Mykonos I would definitely stay there because of the beautiful place, the location, and the warmth of Mina.

Room Tip: I recommend my 2nd floor room in the front, with windows on 2 sides, a small balcony and view, and...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo