We loved Acrogiali. From the minute we arrived in Mykonos we were treated special. Our group (7 people, two families) were met at the airport and driven by bus to the hotel. There we checked in and were given a brief tour of the facilities. The lobby is beautiful and provided an immediate view of the beach and sea.
The parents in our group stayed in double rooms with beautiful sea views and balconies overlooking the Agean. Our children stayed in a triple garden view room. The rooms were clean and included large bathrooms and refrigerators to store food, beer, wine, etc. We were provided beach towels, beach chairs and unbrella. The room came with a full American style breakfast buffet on a beautiful patio. We all loved the breakfast.
The beach was a little narrow and crowded compared to what we are used to in the US, but it did not bother us. The staff at Acrogiali treated us great. They really made us feel special. They went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed. Each day Kostis (Sp?) would reserve beach chairs for our group to make sure that we had seven together. I can’t describe enough how he took care of us and made us feel comfortable. The food and beverages served on the beach were very good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed many Mythos beers and glasses of wine sitting on the beach.
The hotel is located on Platy Yialos beach. The beach family oriented. The area is a little remote, but there are 4 or 5 restaurants and a couple of mini-marts on Platy Yialos. It is a fairly easy hike to some of the nearby beaches, which we did each day for exercise (but we liked our beach the best). We enjoyed the swimming in the area in front of the hotel.
We loved the restaurant at Acrogiali. We had dinner three out of four nights in the hotel (the other night we ate at Mykonos Town). Each meal was a good experience.
There is a bus that that runs around the island. I think it cost 1.4 euro and ran about every half hour, no need for a car. It was an easy bus ride in to Mykonos town. The hotel picked up at the airport when we arrived and dropped us off at the port for our ferry when we left. The room price included the transfers and full American style buffet breakfast each day.
I can honestly say that the only regret that we have is not booking a few more nights at Acrogiali. We will definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Acrogiali is a 4-star beach hotel, situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of Mykonos, Platy Gialos.All rooms feature air conditioning, satellite TV, and a balcony with sea or garden view. Free Wi-Fi is available at the Acrogiali Hotel.Acrogiali's restaurant offers both Greek and Italian cuisine at the beachfront terrace.The town of Mykonos is a 10-minute bus ride from Platis Yialos beach. Other local beaches can be reached by boat.A free airport shuttle service is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Acrogiali Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acrogiali Platys Gialos
- Acrogiali Hotel Platys Gialos
- Acrogiali Beach Hotel Mykonos, Greece