“Beautiful Views and Amazing Accomodation”

Petasos Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was our last island location while we were in Greece and were very happy with our choice in hotel! We arrived in the early morning by Ferry from Santorini and were greeted by a hotel representative at the port. They were able to pick us up and take us both to the hotel for 10 Euro. This is worth it because the drive is about 20 minutes. Once we arrived we were taken to the front desk and greeted by friendly staff. They explained all their amenities, and then accompanied us to our room to show us how the TV and AC worked. The room was spectacular. We had a partial view of the ocean with a huge patio with a large table and chairs as well as chairs for sunbathing. It is a stunning hotel with an amazing pool overlooking Psarou Beach where many beautiful yachts dock for the night. They have plenty of different sunbathing chairs and beds with umbrellas and wonderful bar attendants who can bring you drinks and food at your request. The restaurant also over looks Psarou Beach and is beautiful to look at each morning at breakfast. Their breakfast is also superb! They have so many choices to choose from. And there is plenty of wait-staff to get you something else that you may need. The bus stop to get to the centre of the island is right in front of the hotel and leaves every hour. There is the Platys Gialos beach down the street with many restaurants to eat at and chairs to rent if you would rather be at the beach. They also have a mini mart down the street if you need anything extra. Overall it was a wonderful stay. The only drawback is their internet connection, you have to get a new username and password each time it kicks you off. It's very frustrating when you have multiple media devises trying to connect. Other than that everything was perfect! You must stay here when you are in Mykonos.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade your room, it is well worth it. We upgraded and that is why we had the amazing ou...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Missy R

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I spent 10 days in Greece and this was the best hotel of my stay. Nice room in front of the sea, service, restaurant, etc.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our 5th time at Petasos Beach. Its a really great hotel if you are looking for a relaxing break. Firstly the distance from the airport is 5-10mins, and the hotel collect you free of charge, so your holiday starts as soon as you get off the plane.
The hotel accommodation is excellent. Modern, very clean and up to date. Rooms have shutters so dark for sleeping, the air condition works and is silent so makes for a good rest. We had a room with a pool which is lovely but more expensive.The quality of the hotel pool and bar is great however so while the private pool is nice it's not essential. Comfortable lounging chairs round the pool with amazing views. The breakfast served is really great with an excellent selection of very fresh food The views from the breakfast room make it hard to leave so a great way to start the day.

The hotel is located next to the beach but off to the side so not noisy but you only have to walk a few steps to get access to the beach and around 10 bars and restaurants. There are 4-5 really nice places for good food. Great for lunch during the day and lovely to watch the sun set and have a romantic meal at night. If you want more action then jump on the bus (leaves from the hotel door) and head in to town where it is lively. Buses run till midnight so really easy. The location is one of the reasons we keep going back. Peace and relaxation but not in the middle of nowhere if you want a night out without having to worry about driving or taxi's its ideal.

Mykonos, and this hotel, has everything. My husband and I have traveled extensively and have a running joke about how we always change rooms in hotels because I'm not happy (despite my extensive research) and I always seem a little disappointed. Not with the Petasos. I was unsure if I should write this review as I don't want everyone knowing about it but given we have had 5 great years I feel the hotel deserve the review

If you are want a quality and relaxing break then you won't be disappointed. Finally the staff are great. Always available, smiling and wanting to help you have a great stay.
I wish there were more hotels like this one. Can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: Make sure you go for a sea view as the others can be near a road - and with motor bikes can be noisy...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lauderlodge
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I can't say enough about how amazing this hotel and its staff. It was a little slice of heaven from the start. From the front desk staff, so warm and welcoming - to the staff at breakfast and the pool, I only had to order coffee with cream the first day at breakfast, from then on it welcomed me at my table, exactly like I like it.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ShellyB35
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at Petasos Beach Hotel & Spa few weeks ago, this hotel was just perfect, & its in an excellent location on the island. It has all you need, two of the best beaches in walking distances, public bus just outside the hotel to take u into town which runs every hour. If you looking for a nice quite vacation away from the crowd this is the hotel you want to stay in. The 4 beautiful ladies at the reception I met were very helpful and recommended me to some good spots that I would not have figured out. The property is very clean, well maintained, orginazed Including the rooms. The property has excellent views, the pool was awasome larger than normal which was salt water, pool side bar for lunch & cocktails was nice gret selections.. The price you pay is worth it. I would definitly book my stay with this hotel next time I am in Mykonos..

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank skittless
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the Petasos Beach Hotel with a friend during our recent trip to Mykonos. The hotel is perfectly situated with bus, taxi & ferry stops just outside the hotel. Within walking distance, there are some really good restaurants serving authentic greek food (which isn't always the case in cosmopolitan Mykonos!).
The hotel is beautiful, with morden facilities and a wonderful Spa and free wifi/internet. The staff were warm, friendly, efficient and knowledgable. They often gave us fantastic recommendations on restaurants, bars and beaches.
The rooms are well appointed, but the small, pre-fabricated showers in the bathrooms are not in keeping with a hotel of this calibre.
This hotel is far enough from the busy beaches that it offers peace and tranquility - the bonus is that it takes 5 to 15 minutes to get to the busy bars and beaches. The perfect location!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank NQKhoj
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This would have to be the best location on the Island. My husband and I drove around to all the beaches and Platys Gialos was our favourite. Paradise was nice but the time we stayed on Mykonos they had Tropicania Festival and was over run by under 20's. A bus picks up on the hour for the town village. Only 1.60€ each way from the hotel. Breakfast was fantastic, not to mention the views. Spa treatments are awesome. And if you don't which to go into the village for sunset dinner, there are about 10 taverns on the beach only 50 meters from hotel.

Room Tip: 422 Shared pool suite on low ground
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Grecotel Mykonos Blu Hotel
Andronikos Hotel Mykonos
Andronikos Hotel Mykonos
#2 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Petasos Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!