I’m sorry to say that our first trip to the beautiful island of Mykonos was marred by our worst hotel experience ever. My wife and I booked a 7 day vacation at the Hotel………..in October expecting to have a wonderful time sightseeing and enjoying the spectacular scenery. Instead, we were confronted with one problem after another.
Although on our arrival, we were quite happy and satisfied with our accommodation, things started to go wrong when we decided to rent a car from the front desk two days into our vacation. We had planned to spend a day traveling around the island to see some of the charming villages. However, not long into our journey, the car broke down and we were left stranded by the road. Apart from it being quite a warm day, it was also very windy and it really was no fun at all. If it hadn’t been for the driver of a small delivery van who kindly gave us directions to where we could wait for a bus, we wouldn’t have known how to return to the hotel.
Back at the hotel, we were shocked to see that the receptionist and the manager were more concerned about the rental car and did not apologize or acknowledge the terrible situation we had experienced. We were not even offered any kind of discount on our stay or a free meal in the restaurant.
Two days later, we were even more taken aback when we were asked early in the morning to move rooms apparently because the hotel was preparing to close for the winter! We were very annoyed to say the least. I talked to the manager several times about the inconvenience we were suffering, but he insisted that nothing could be done.
Considering the cost of our stay which was also rather expensive for an off season booking, we expected a much better service and attitude from the staff and management. It goes without saying that we do not recommend anyone having a vacation at the Hotel………. And we’ll definitely not be visiting them again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Myconian Ambassador Hotel Relais & Chateaux is perfectly located near Mykonos Town and near the most famous beaches on Mykonos, Platis Yialos, Psarou, Paranga, Paradise and Agia Anna. The Myconian Ambassador offers spacious and exclusively designed Mykonos accommodation with superb views of the beach and Aegean Sea. Relax in your private pool or Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Platys Gialos
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel And Thalasso Spa Center
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel Thalasso Center
- Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel Mykonos, Greece