Wow... we booked this trip at the complete last minute after not being able to get into a number of boutique hotels in Mykonos. I was a little put off by the name, but being desperate for something, took a chance. What a phenomenal surprise. We ended up liking this hotel so much that we canceled the Santorini portion that we had planned and stayed in Mykonos 4 days longer!
The hotel is charmingly decorated, and each room is different. We stayed in a smaller room with a small balcony overlooking the ocean and the pool grounds. My only complaint about the room is minor, but the beautiful shower (like most European showers) spilled water on the floor, but with a towel on the ground was not a big deal. My only other complaint about the hotel is that WiFi isn't free, although it is not expensive, so we used it a lot. However, the good FAR FAR FAR outweighs these 2 tiny little nit-picky bads. First, the morning buffet is the most amazing buffet I have ever had, and we do hotel buffets in many upscale resorts. It includes anything you want, however, the cheese selection is to die for, unlimited champagne, and great coffee made this a favorite time of day during our stay. The pool is great, and we often found ourselves ordering food and laying out there for hours. The wonderful gentleman who works outside at the pool area kept us entertained with fun music and a great attitude. The restaurant in the hotel was good also, with a captivating view during sunset over the ocean. The entire staff was gracious and we enjoyed getting to know them over the course of our stay.
The location of the hotel is great, and we didn't need a rental car because the bus picks you up right down the street and will take you anywhere you want to go on island, with a short 5 minute ride into Hora. Very convenient for us. There are 2 beaches within a 5 minute walk, both gorgeous with restaurants and bars and beach service if you are interested.
I dream of going back to this wonderful hotel. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium is a family-run five star hotel renovated in 2015. The concept of the Palladium Hotel is based on offering very personalized service to satisfy and to surpass your expectations. Guests will find their hotel rooms and suites to be lavishly decorated, while at the same time simple and easy on the eye, providing unprecedented comfort and style. All individually decorated rooms and suites are elegant and stylish, providing guests with a comfortable and pleasant environment during their stay. Some suites have a separate lounge area, while some have an open-plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Palladium Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Hotel Platys Gialos
- Palladium Boutique Hotel Mykonos, Greece