“Utterly superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Platys Gialos
London, United Kingdom
“Utterly superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We were 'bumped' here from another Hotel because of a hugely expensive Lebanese wedding taking place on Elia beach. What a find! We will be back next year. All the staff are utterly charming and just so efficient in a really friendly way. Maria, the manager, is lovely and so quietly efficient. We were met by Jason who is just a genuinly lovely Guy. George, who runs the poolside and, in the evenings,the indoor bar, is great company and happy to chat at all hours. The star of the show is Stavros. Although a geology graduate (not a lot of call for them in Greece!) he has made a permanent niche for himself as head waiter and racontuer. The Guy works tirelessly to interact with guests in a way which is utterly unique.By the time you leave he has become a friend for life and from him you will have learned more Greek history than you knew it was possible to learn. If, like us, you are from another Country you will gain intuitive insights into a different world. And if you are lucky to meet with him and other guests from around the world, in or near the bar after dinner and into the wee hours, a veritable mini United Nations debate is likely! If you want, he will then take you partying in Town; and still be up and alert for Breakfast! As for the rooms: gorgeous. This was a great find.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are great as you have access to the pool and poolside bar etc.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malwest

Piraeus, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I went with my fiancé for 4 days - actually i just come back :-)
My reviews for this hotel are more than great. Its excellent!!! I recommended 100%. Its a price & time value. I loved it. The location, the view, the room but most of all the people working there. They are all professionals! Thank you for everything. Thx for your time spending with us and for your superb service. You make us feel definatelly like home!!

We are looking forward for our next escape!!
Jimmy & Marilena

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We were 3 couples and stayed at Palladium hotel last 2 weeks of August. As other reviews on Tripadvisor, i confirm this hotel to be exceptionally good.
The location is very nice, few minutes’ drive from main town, few minutes walk to two nice beaches, Platys Gialos or Psarou. Very quiet place so no night noise at all. The hotel has two free parking and in 2 weeks, even though the hotel was full, we never had problem to park our 2 cars.
The first person you deal with when you book the Palladium is Maria, the hotel manager, dealing with her is a pleasure, she made everything smooth from the time of booking till the day of check out. She always promptly attended our requests with courtesy and with a smile. She is a big asset for this hotel.
Staff at reception was exceptionally good, particularly Violeta, she always tried to help us out for a good place to go, either a beach or a restaurant etc. and she was always interested to hear back our experience on places we went so that she could improve her recommendation to other guests.
The hotel rooms are of different size and views, we booked 3 double sea view rooms and one couple was upgraded for free to a junior suite due to lack of normal double rooms, this was appreciated. My specific room was on top floor with a spectacular sea view, very happy about it. Rooms are comfortable with all amenities you would expect from a 5* hotel. The bed was of a larger size and very comfortable. We had a small balcony which was ok for 2 people although some other rooms had a terrace which was larger but we did not really mind. The only complain is the aircon, as you get out of the room by taking your room’s key the power is switched off so when you return you put your key in the slot to switch power on, so in the hot days the aircon takes around 15 minutes to cool down the room, I hv been in several 5* hotels around Greece (my favourite summer holiday destination) and this is the first time to hv aircon switched off when not in the room. Beside this, the room was very clean and professionally serviced at least 2 times a day including towel's change.
We stayed bed and breakfast and here comes my favourite one, breakfast has been an enjoyable way to start the day, as you enter the breakfast’s room you are warmly welcomed by Stavros, another big asset for this hotel! He was always very attentive to the service to each customer, always smiling, always friendly with anyone, in 2 weeks we never saw any unhappy customer complaining for anything at all. He was well assisted by Alexia who was promptly preparing hot drinks for the guests. Of course the most important thing is the quality of the food which was excellent and with large variety, every item was fresh and replenished timely so the match with top quality fresh food and the kindness of the staff makes an extremely big difference to the clients. Stavros is the best maitre d'hotel we ever met in our life!
Beside the breakfast we did not have any other meal at hotel but having heard from other guests, they were all impressed by the service and the food quality at hotel's restaurant.
One small remark to the hotel reception’s staff, they recommend dinner at restaurant Blue Myth located few hundred meters away from the hotel and as I understood belong to the same holding or owner, well it does not reflect good on them as food at this restaurant, to be kind, was not impressive (we went ones!). A 5* hotel deals with certain people and you must recommend quality places available around. You do not need to be a genius to understand why out of 3 restaurants close to each other, this one was always empty while the other 2 always packed and I can assure you it was not the price being at same level nor the service which was ok, the problem is in the kitchen.
What else to say, whenever I would return to Mykonos, I will re-book at Palladium hotel without hesitation and would recommend this hotel to all those who want quality service in a nice place. Staying at Palladium was like staying at home with our family, Palladium is ideally my second home!

Room Tip: rooms are numbered the other way around, rooms with digit 1, e.i. 101, 102 etc are on top floor to b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a few days rest and relaxation away from the main town. I was disappointed with the quality of the pool facilities. In the 2 nights I stayed here, I did not see a single person enter the pool. I went down to use the jacuzzi one day but it looked incredibly dirty which put me off getting in. My other disappointment is noise related as the hotel hosted a wedding event on one of the nights I stayed. I was given no warning of the level of noise (which went into the very early hours) and no apology for the inconvenience caused. I appreciate hotels such as this make most of their money from events etc but a little courtesy notice to non wedding guests would have been good.

The rooms and service were otherwise ok but not worth the premium price.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I, and our two teenage sons (eighteen and fifteen), visited Mykonos for the first time this Summer. We found & booked the Palladium on the internet with no personal recommendations, our only criteria being that the hotel should be near Psarou beach. For us, it really was a hot or miss situation: luckily, the hotel exceeded all expectations. I had spoken to Maria Economidou, the hotel manager, when we made our booking to inquire about the family suites and whether they would be suitable for us - as they were already full, we decided to go ahead with two double rooms. Before I spoke with Maria, we were still unsure but she seemed so friendly and helpful that we decided to go ahead. She even booked our ferry tickets for our later trip from Mykonos to Santorini, arranged our airport transfer, and helped us add another room for friends who decided to join us later.
This boutique hotel is a true gem. Although decorated in a traditional pallette of Mediterranean blues and whites, its' decor is chic,stylish and slightly whimsical ,with unusual aesthetic touches like the horse sculptures in the lobby. It manages to blend both traditional Greek elements and more contemporary aspects seamlessly.
Maria seemed to have taken my concerns about the rooms and my grown boys seriously and made sure we had beautiful, adjacent, first floor rooms. Ours was especially stunning with a romantic four poster bed and both had wonderful views of the hotel pool and the sea.
We couldn't have asked for a better location, with both the chic Psarou and the 'family friendly' Platys Gialos beaches, both practically at our doorstep. In fact, to our delight, Psarou beach was the closest to our hotel.The entrance to Mykonos Blu, currently believed to be the most trendy (and expensive) hotel in Mykonos is almost opposite the Palladium entrance.Taxis are often difficult to get at peak times, but there is a car and quad bike rental place very near to the Palladium and it's a great way to explore the island.
The breakfasts were impressive and although we never had a chance to eat in the restaurant, its view was stunning and I'm sure would ensure a very romantic evening.
I have to make a final mention of the staff and service as both were exceptional. Maria and Stavros both made our stay special, but everyone else we interacted with, from the barman to housekeeping, was also friendly and helpful. When we left, the staff lined up, shook our hands, and made us feel like visiting dignitaries! We were only there for three nights but it was too short...we definitely intend to go back next year and would highly recommend the Palladium to anyone planning to visit Mykonos.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ChigsMumbai
Swindon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Posted on Behalf of Mum and Dad, early fifties - independent travellers.

After 5 nights in a 4 star hotel in Mykonos town, we caught a taxi to Platis Gialos and the Palladium Hotel. The taxi cost was 8 Euros and this was one of the rare occasions when we weren’t sharing a taxi. The 5 star hotel sits adjacent to Psarou beach, which is one of, or the best beach in Mykonos, in our opinion. The beach is divided with three clear sections which are the expensive bit to the right with a classy restaurant (Namos) with quality sun beds, a central free towel area and on the left hand side there is a self service restaurant with more basic sun beds.

We stayed for a week at the Palladium hotel on a half board basis and from the moment we walked into the hotel, and met Iasonas, with his pleasant smile (which continued all week), we could see that we were in for a quality experience. Beach towels, airport transfers and coffee making facilities are all provided free. The rooms are large with superior furnishings and all the dining and other facilities are of a very high standard. The view from the breakfast room and dining room looks out onto the island of Naxos in the background. (Psarou bay and a lovely sea view in the foreground)

The evening restaurant food was a la carte with a wide choice of options and good quality food. A lot of guests took photographs of how well the food was presented. The wonderful view of twinkling lights, the boats and the sea just added to the perfection of the meal

The hotel staff were all well trained and very professional, but in life, sometimes you meet an exceptional persona with a real talent for his position – Stavros, the man, who engages with guests in many languages, understands food and where to visit, and a nicer personality you will not come across.

The only disappointment was we hadn’t booked for two weeks. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday near nice beaches - this is a very good hotel choice.

My top tips are, try the restaurant at least once on your trip, as well as the hot tub, visit Mykonos town and ‘Little Venice’ to watch the sun go down at around 8pm. The bus leaves every 30minutes for Mykonos town and the trip takes 10minutes. Of course, take a good book too! The other good beaches are Ornos and Paradise as well as Platis Gialos, Paranga and Psarou where the fish nibble your legs in the crystal clear water.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is the 4th year I've vacationed on Mykonos (my trips here are usually in the later part of August/beginning of Sept). Two of those trips I was able to stay at a friend's summer home right on the water (needless to say that is my favorite place). My hotels stays have been at the Apanema Resot (in 2009) and the Hotel Palladium, which I visited last week (Aug 29-Sept 2) with a lady friend.
I must say we were both impressed with the Hotel Palladium from the moment we stepped out of our car. We were warmly greeted by Jason and then offered a glass of champainge while we checked in. The room (409) exceeded our expectations- very large (compared to the Apanema and other European hotels), the bathroom was also spacious, great balcony with water views. As mentioned the staff was very friendly and helpful (I think Jason and the other two work 24 hrs shifts!). The breakfast in the morning was again superior compared to other 'free breakfasts..'. Numerous items to choose from (eggs, bacon, cereals, fresh fruit, breads, etc... to name a few.....) And again the employees get to know everyone! Very nice pool with bar service. Or you can take an easy couple minute walk to get down to a very nice beach.
The only down side to the hotel I could find was the elevator which seemed to have a mind of its own.... The good news is that you learn really quick (as in the first day you are there) to just take the nearby steps.
I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vencia Hotel
Vencia Hotel
#6 of 81 in Mykonos Town
5.0 of 5 stars 1,205 reviews

Been to Hotel Palladium? Share your experiences!