“Exceptional Service & Value for Money”

Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am a Travel Agent here in the UK and i stayed at the Mykonos Palace Hotel in May 2013 and i have to say the hotel, location, staff & service we received was outstanding! I must give a huge praise to the Reservations Manager Elpida (Hope). Hope was extremely helpful from start to finish and the day we arrived she took it upon herself to provide us with a detailed map which she had hand written especially for us. The staff here provide the most comfortable atmosphere and are happy to help no matter what time of day or night. The hotel is set on its own private beach which is beautifully kept by the hotel staff and this was noticed daily. Tattiana a barmaid from the hotel regularly checks the beach to ensure everybody has everything they need so you don't even have to move :) There is a Supermarket within a stone throws distance from the hotel which sells everything!! There are a select few fantastic restaurants set along the strip of the beach which can be very handy if you wish to stay close to the hotel. We requested a sea view room at the Mykonos palace and guess what? that's exactly what we were given and our room was decorated to a high standard and was very spacious. The hotel restaurant is fantastic in fact so good we ate here several times during our stay and the waiters were very chatty and always smiled and said hi even if you were just passing. Mykonos town is only a 10 Euro taxi trip away or alternatively there is a bus stop 5 minutes from the hotel which will take you into the town for as little as €1.20. The hotel provide all excursions and the reception staff are always happy to provide you all the information. During my stay here there was not 1 thing i could fault, it was soo good that i am going back in October to celebrate my birthday at the hotel. If your thinking about a stay in the Mykonos Palace hotel then think no further just BOOK IT!!! i am a travel agent and dealing with reviews everyday i know from experience most people put there bad experiences but for me the Mykonos Palace should be a 5* hotel as that is exactly the experience i received. Once again a massive THANKYOU to HOPE who not only made my stay fantastic has kept in contact since my return to the UK. I would also like to thank all of the other staff at the hotel a few guys in particular would be Marina and Yorgio on reception and Tattiana from the bar!!! GREAT JOB!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Glenn F

Reviewed September 28, 2013

From start to finish we were made to feel very special by all the staff, particularly Mrs Elpida Repani (Hope), Reservations and Invoicing Manager. We had our room cancelled a week before traveling, and as we wanted to stay at this hotel, we started talking to Hope about what we could do. She was superb in helping us re-book and totally took the stress away about the cancelled booking due to the agent going bust. The hotels mini bus kindly collected us when we arrived in Mykonos (very few taxi's so recommended) and we were met on time and greeted so warmly by the driver. When checking in, the receptionist who's name I forget, was so wonderfully friendly, helpful and welcoming we knew we had made the right choice of hotel. We then asked to see Hope to thank her so much for all her help in re-booking. She was so friendly and gave us a quick tour and the service she gave from start to finish was the best we have ever experienced. Honestly - nothing was too much trouble and she always spoke to us when we saw her. When she showed us the through the hotel to the bar area on the beach with the view of the resort, we were blown away and knew this was going to be a great 3 nights at this terrific hotel.

The hotel is certainly 4 star and has an excellent location and from the sea it was the best looking on the front where there are a small number of other hotels. It's right on the beach where we never had trouble getting very comfortable sun beds (best we've had) with a thatched umbrella for 10 Euro's a day. The hotel regularly send waitresses to offer drinks from their bar when on the beach which was great. The hotel restaurant is very nice and the pizza's were superb. Again, great service from all the waiters at the hotels restaurant and very atmospheric as on the beachfront. The beach bar was good too and the main barmen were so friendly and they stayed open to gone 2am but kept music down so not to disturb guests. Breakfast was fine with usual range of continental style, 2 hot items and decent coffee, staying open to 11am.

Our room was excellent and had a lovely view of the pool and sea. It was kept very clean and well maintained and was furnished to a high standard. The bed was very comfortable and nice that all rooms are non smoking, with smoking allowed on the balcony. Only small gripe was that there was only 1 English TV channel. The room had a safe and a nice touch from the hotel to make them free.

Location on the beach could not be better and there is a bus stop about 5 minutes walk from the hotel to go to Mykonos Town which takes about 10 minutes. The view from the hotel out to sea is just wonderful. If you fancy a stroll to a lovely restaurant about 15 minutes leisurely walk away, go up the hill path to the left looking out to sea. It's called Ayivaiol and is the first one you come to. It is nicely and simply furnished, the service was friendly and the food was excellent. Grilled sardines and beef patty were so tasty and all at a reasonable price. There is a small supermarket on the beach near the hotel with a good range and friendly owner. Mykonos was such an incredibly friendly place with charming people!

Overall, the holiday was brilliant and the Mykonos Palace Hotel made it so. We cannot recommend it enough and certainly would like to return again to this hotel. Great hotel, superb location and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, especially Mrs Elpida Repani (Hope) who was an absolute star and now friend. Thank you all for making it a wonderful holiday.

5  Thank Mikeep69
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am laughing after the last review and feel compelled to share my experience.
The hotel is right on a beautiful sandy beach. Our room had a wonderful balcony overlooking the sea and beautiful clean beach. The king bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. The driver, who by the way was a Greek male, was there with a name sign when we arrived. He was nice and not overly chatty. He did not seem miserable, in fact I did witness him smile at least 3 times from the airport to the hotel:) The beach and hotel were clean and well kept. There was beach service for lunch and drinks. We enjoyed a wonderful grilled fresh fish dinner, the food was excellent and you could tell freshly prepared. The outside restaurant was comfortable and nicely decorated with lots of well maintained plants and foliage. It was a nice touch at night when the water was not visible. The service was wonderful especially Daniella who seemed to run the place making sure everything was perfect. We even got a visit from the owner, who seemed happy we were well taken care of.The restaurant was mostly full adding to a nice evening atmosphere. Thankfully I am a well traveled person who would not complain about the drink prices in town when writing a hotel review . I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and can't wait to come back!

4  Thank Jhobbs99202
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Just returned back from 11 nights stay at Mykonos Palace firstly I must say on arrival was so very disappointed with our supposedly 4star superior room!!! Couldn't even shower in our bathroom this was the smallest bathroom I'd ever been in !!!!! & dirty.We immediately complained & reception staff changed our room the next day!!! Had to live out of our suitcase which was not a good start to our holiday. However the room next door much more spacious & full bathroom lovely sea view from our room with sharing sun beds which sometimes invaded your privacy.I have stayed in several 4 star accommodation in Greece & this should not be this grade!!! The hotel is kept very clean & breakfast average the best I can say is the location right on the beach think this is bumping the upgrade to 4 star!!!! In my opinion average 3star maximum. Mykonos town is unique & very classy lots to see with many designer shops bars restaurants the port is lovely which I believe is called little Venice. Mykonos is extremely expensive in comparison with other greek islands around 10/15euros for a cocktail.Large beer 8/10euros!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to watch our pennies throughout the holiday. We went on the glass bottom boat trip I would not recommend this trip a complete rip off no welcome drink 5 euros for a can of coke!!!!!!!trip was rubbish we paid 90euros for half day trip just to sail out to sea!!!!!!!! We enjoyed our holiday but 7night's in mykonnos would be sufficient.We met some lovely people most visitors Americans who like the sound of their own voices!!! Australians, Canadians all pleasant.The most unpleasant person I met was the Greek male who bought & took us back to the airport talk about been miserable diddnt even crack a smile!!!! I think he was some management in the hotel .The only thing he was good at was looking in the reception mirror!!!!!!!!! Overall I would return to mykonos but PLEASE don't waste your money stay in another hotel we paid £1100 bed breakfast for 11 nights I pretty sure you can get better value for money so shop around.Sorry for such a long review but HONEST.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I really recommend this hotel! The location is fantastic, you are 5min from the town by taxi and have great uncrowned beach to enjoy. All of Mykonos' best beeches are nearby. The rooms are really comfortable, I took a triple overlooking the sea which had its own large terrace - great sleeping to the waves.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Perfect setting, perfect sea view and a great friendly environment ... so good that I want to go and the other summer! Recommend it to anyone who wants to go to a nice place with a girlfriend .... well worth a lot words this hotel in mykonos

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place is on possibly the nicest beach on the Island, I have been going there for years and still enjoying it. Well the Mykonos palace Beach hôtel is well maintained and just had a paint job done all over and it looks really nice.
The very black point for me is that you have to pay and extra 5€/10€ a day for your sun bed on the hotel beach when staying there. The team at the bar or the restaurant, service etc... Is very good and very helpfull. I will go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends