Our fourth year back and the same room - 402. I usually email the hotel and ask them to reserve it for me. Sunbeds were free this year if you had the back three rows ( which we usually do). Weather excellent. We found a lovely bar just about 20 min walk along a path to the left - it's called Paranga beach - Kalua bar - nice to go to about 6pm. Psarou beach is great to see how the other half lives. A great party atmosphere - its only 15 min walk around the cliff (up the hill out of the resort).
The food in the hotel is lovely - we ate there a couple of times. If you want to hire a car - just ask at reception and they will get someone to come along to collect you within 30 mins. It's an easy island to drive around. Paradise beach is great to go to about 5pm for a drink and to sit back and watch the party start.
We usually catch the bus not Mykonos town at night - the shopping is amazing. For the third year I have bought a lovely maxi dress from RBS shop. Been back again to Lola's bar, Interni, Scandanavin bar and our favourite bar in little Venice. If eating out in Mykonos town - avoid those which are close to little Venice because they are expensive - try some of the smaller ones. Nikos is always busy but the service isn't great.
There's a good supermarket just along from the hotel - the owner is really friendly.
The island is very cosmopolitan - you would never know there was a problem with the Greek economy! There's a wide range of beaches for families and for those who want to be a bit more adventurous - don't be afraid to go on the nudist beaches - there's always a mixture of folk.
We will be booking up for next year at the Mykonos palace - room 402!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel is located right on the beautiful beach of Platys Gialos. The hotel is a traditional, whitewashed, Cycladic property, complete with well-priced tavern, outdoor, sea-water pool, beach bar and public beach with umbrella and refreshment service. The hotel offers basic, poolside and full view room categories. Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel is 100 meters from the bus stop to town. The town itself is only 3.5km from Platys Gialos Beach. The hotel offers WIFI services, room service, daily room cleaning. We also provide free beach towels daily to our guests. Limited suites for families up to 4 persons. Full watersports club available, children's swing set, and various excursions of the island at your disposal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Bookgreece.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Palace Platys Gialos
- Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel Greece