“Exactly what we expected”

Mykonos Kosmoplaz Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The structure is not new but very clean and well positioned.
Mr Dimitri is a very kind and gentle person, it's just like to have a daddy who is at your total disposal for everything. He can really help you and he will take care about you for all your staying.
The sea side room was very close to the sea, just above the beach.
The breakfast is good enough and taking it on the beach is very relaxing.

Room Tip: If you can, chose the sea view room, there is no doubt about.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
kosmoplaz, Front Office Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to accommodate you again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nine of us (My family from India, our friends from Greece & Italy) stayed at Kosmoplaz for 4 nights. It was our first trip to Greece & we were looking forward to a great holiday & we did have a marvelous holiday thanks to the owners & staff of this family run hotel. The first night dinner at the restaurant was super-duper. Dancing with great Greek folk music by staff & guests including my own friends from Greece & my family & I was fun. The staff motivates guests to dance. The service, ambiance & the yummy food was great. The beach is stunning & seems private, though the water is cold throughout the year. I believe Kosmoplaz has one of the best beaches in Mykonos. The rooms are great too except the shower area is pretty small. We enjoyed the breakfast & all the meals that we had during this stay. The family of five who are the owners personally attend to all the guests. The manager who is working in Kosmoplaz for over 20 years is one of the best & a gentle human being that I have ever met. I believe Kosmoplaz is the most suitable place for us Indians as one of the owner has many friends from India & he is aware of the Indian culture. I was told that they also can serve a variety of Indian dishes on advance order but we did not try these as we believe we should only experience the Greek cuisine that is yummy at Kosmoplaz. There is a small super market 50 meters away with the entrance from the beach side & we used to buy all our nik naks here. I have fallen in love with Mykonos because of our great stay at Kosmoplaz.

Room Tip: Request for the rooms facing the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to accommodate you soon again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week 30 May to 7 June 2013. This was a great place to stay!! We received a very warm welcome from Dimitris on the reception and this just set the standard for the rest of the staff who were always so very helpful. The hotel is spotlessly clean, even the toilet areas used by bathers from the beach, sometimes these areas can get a bit mucky quickly but not here - spotless.

The food in the restaurant is delicious and I would certainly recommend sticking with the Greek dishes. The waiters put on a Greek dancing show every night. There is waiter service on the beach which is excellent. Cold drinks are served in a bucket with ice, keeping your drink nice and cold for longer.

Location, location, location - this hotel is situated right in the middle of the lovely Platis Gialos beach and right on the beach, literally. There is a nice swimming pool at the rear of the hotel but I can't see it being used much as the sea is so clear, delightful and inviting..

There are plenty of restaurants and bars here, however if you want to go into town, Mykonos Town is a 15 minute bus ride away for 1.6 euros and if you miss the last bus home, it's 7 or 8 euros in a taxi. The town is a must with all the little quaint streets and more excellent eateries.
This hotel is a family run business and they certainly aim to please their customers. This place still has the feel of traditional Greek hospitality. I would certainly go back and will go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sergeantino
kosmoplaz, General Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review.

I am looking forward to accomadate you again. :)

All the best

Hotel Kosmoplaz Management.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Although I did not stay at this hotel, I give 5 stars for the friendly and attentive staff and Greek dancing at the restaurant. We were at Platis Gialos for 10 nights, and 8 of these nights were spent at the restaurant, dancing. ALL staff were wonderful, and we made many friends! I would not want to name anyone in particular, for fear I may forget someone!! Front desk, waiters, pool guys, owner & his mama, everyone was so friendly and personable. I will return, even if it's just to see my friends again. I was sad to leave, but left a much more enlightened person after getting to know my Greek friends!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Skattebol
kosmoplaz, General Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz Beach Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Reviewed April 14, 2012

if you are looking for a place to go relax next to a sandy beach and to be taken care in a magical island of mykonos. This is the place to be! the food is amazing in a reasonable prices, the rooms are very comfortable and clean and the personel are so helpful and kind and all those things make you really enjoy your vacations and for sure you just want to go again at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaïtatzidis E

Reviewed April 9, 2012

An amazing place to enjoy the view of the sea and eat a delicious food. The treatment with the guests are amazing. I miss that place so much that I wish I could back there soon. If you have the opportunity go there you will not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DesireBettega

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Everything is said in other reviews. We've been there a few days during May 2011. We don't agree with that review that says "a horrible place".
It fulfills it's purpose. A little outdated, and not many extra services, but breakfast was awesome, location was perfect and the staff was as friendly as could be, specially Dimitris (Greek Eugene Levy), kindest recepcionist ever! And the guys that promote the restaurant and do the "Greek Show"... ha! I don't know if you'll find harder workers who always smile to you and are willing to talk and make you feel among your best friends.

Room Tip: If you choose a room with sea view, be sure that the tin roof that covers the restaurant isn't b...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to accommodate you again soon.