All reviews stayed here business trip western hotels lake alternative half review china lobby
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Fabulous Hotel. The lobby too is huge & grand. The Rooms too are big & very nice & very comfortable. Also the bathrooms too are very nice. Have a separate Tub & a Shower. Excellent View of the Lake from the room. Breakfast too was nice.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel 1 night and initially pretty nervous because typically when I visit China, I stay in Western hotels. I had nothing to worry about as this hotel can compete with the Western ones. It may seem strange but my favorite part was the shower experience. The shower heads have great water pressure and the bath products smell fantastic. The towels and nice and luxurious. I know this sounds weird but when you are thousands of miles from home, it’s the little things that make all the difference.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Caitlin R
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I stayed in this hotel while travelling for work and only stayed one night. The hotel is very luxurious and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I am not sure if there is much to do in the area, but there were lovely views of a lake and would be a nice place to go walking. Great place to stay.

Room tip: Corner room facing the water views on a high floor
Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I Stayed here in July 2017 , during a business trip , The hotel is very nice and clean the rooms are spacious , and I had a great view of the lake from my room, breakfast has a wide choice from Asian to Western food. The Hotel has bikes you can use to ride around the lake Free of charge if you are An IHG gold rewards member which was a nice touch to get out for a couple of hours.

TIP : I would recommend to take the upgrade to superior if you are an IHG member as you get to use the members lounge where all food and drinks are inclusive from 5PM TILL 7:30pm

Room tip: request a view of the lake
Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I originally wrote a review for this hotel a few months after it opened. It was still rough around the edges and I've decided to write an updated review now that I've been staying there for over a year and a half. I spend about 15 -20 nights per year at the Hualuxe so I have a very good impression of the place now. The staff is very attentive and they solve your problems. They've listened to my concerns and developed solutions. Lately, they even anticipate my needs and go out of their way to make my stay even better. I know several of the staff members personally and they are extremely friendly people. The breakfast buffet is one of the best on my month-long China itineraries. The second-floor Chinese restaurant is pretty good, but strangely empty most nights. The Hualuxe is one of my favorite hotels to visit in southern China and is a pleasure to stay in. The alternative to the Hualuxe is the Phoenix Hotel on the other side of town, which now looks old and dingy when compared to the shiny new Hualuxe. Most western visitors to Yangjiang have now moved over to the Hualuxe. It's an easy choice.

Ask for a corner room. There are windows on two walls instead of one. The suites are nice, but overpriced for the city.

Date of stay: August 2017