See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2016

Alpenrose (btw - whoever wrote the first entry here made a typo in the name of this hotel...just saying) is one of the bigger hotels in Schruns (I have not stayed at any other, but noticed them when walking through the village), but staff is very friendly and you still feel like a valued guest, not a random number. Breakfast and dinner was very good and the check-in and check-out process smooth. I stayed in one of the apartments in the side wing and from what I heard and read about the main building, this is the not-so-nice area. We had a balcony with a beautiful view of the mountains and modern bathrooms, but the "living room" furniture looked dated and lived-in and - randomly- the only glass door (that could not be locked) was the toilet door, which can create some awkwardness if you are sharing with 4 people you don't know that well. Some of the mattresses in our apartment were pretty hard and some of the bed linen a bit threadbare, but it was o.k. for a short stay. The hallway in our "outhouse" was lined with some seriously smelly (think mould and mothballs) carpet that made me hold my breath every time. These minor complaints aside, I really enjoyed my stay and would come again (trying to get a room in the main building). I did not visit the spa, so cannot comment one these facilities.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, fantastic staff, nice facilities, beautiful scenery.
The food was 5 star and the beauty treatment I had with Christina was as well. The staff did everything they could to make your stay perfect.
The only downside is that smoking is still allowed in the bar area, so we avoided that which was a bit of a shame, otherwise it was perfect.
Nice bike routes in and around the area and although the gondolas were shut we made it up the mountain and were rewarded with the most amazing views.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2016

We stayed in this hotel on eastern. Even during this busy season, we had a very relaxing and comfortable stay. The service was excellent, the spa is great and the food (breakfast and dinner) was delicious. We booked the "Schnäppchen Zimmer" (bargain price room) which was quite small and the bathroom not very modern. When we arrived, we wanted to go to bed early after dinner as we were really tired. However, there was a party going on at the bar and it felt as the party was in our room. After calling the reception (at 23.30), their first reaction was: "we're sorry but you booked the Schnäppchen Zimmer". But when we left, they didn't charge us the whole price.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat K
Reviewed March 29, 2016

The hotel was lovely and the staff were very friendly and efficient.
The food was absolutely amazing! The rooms were fine, small but the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was small (shower in bath), but everything was there that was needed. It was lovely after a day on the slopes to relax in the spa and the swimming pool.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and we would love to go back.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2015

Familyrun Spa and Hotel run at high standard. Rooms were great, Spa likewise. Food and Service was exemplary. We were a bunch of guys on a 5 day ski-trip and had little reason to leave the hotel after a good day on the mountain. Charly, Monika, Tanja and Rafael made us feel very welcome and we'll be sure to return...

Date of stay: January 2015