“Brilliant Holiday”

Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here in June 2013 with my husband and 5 year old daughter. Only 10 min transfer from the airport and a really quick check in on arriving at the hotel. Rooms basic, but really clean and maid service every day. Could not fault anything about this hotel, food, entertainment and staff all brilliant. I have never before left my daughter in a crèche facility on holiday, but the children's staff and crèche facilities were 100% and we were happy to leave her for and hour or so a few days. Nothing bad whatsoever to report about this hotel and we've rebooked again this year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank mollydog43
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and your stay at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service, location and facilities. In particular we would like to thank you for your positive feedback on our staff. We hope to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I arrived at the Grand Palladium at the very start of the season before the beach at the hotel was open, so I was glad to have a rental car to explore the island. The staff at the desk was a bit disorganized, but friendly and helpful. My room was close to the lobby, but many were quite a hike from the lobby (for folks with mobility issues). The hallways were noisy because there was no carpeting - indoor/outdoor area. I often heard people running down the corridors, laughing and talking loudly and slamming doors. I can't imagine what it would be like in high season as the marble floors and acoustics were not designed to muffle sound. The room was clean and the balcony had a wonderful view of the pool area (I was on the top floor), and there was intermittent loud music coming from the bar near my room - but not so much (at least in April) to bother me. I could see that Ibiza is geared for the party scene. There was no heat in the room in spite of a thermostat that indicated there was, and as it was the end of April, it was rather chilly. The staff told me the resort is a summer resort and not equipped to heat the room, but they did bring me extra blankets. One night when it was particularly cool, it would have been nice to have some heat. Before going to Ibiza, I had read that the water (as in the shower, bathroom sink) can have a slightly salty taste, and I found this to be true, but it was not a problem. The food at the resort was wonderful - large choice and delicious and the restaurant was cheery, spacious, and very pleasant. Parking near the lobby was very limited - even during the first week of the season. I am not sure of what they do in summer. I asked someone, and it seems that most people do not bring cars to the resort, or if they do, they park in overflow staff parking which I never saw. But since I always rent cars in order to explore, and have some walking issues (age 59 at the time, with bad knees), this was a concern to me. However, I was able to find parking with the exception of later at night - and then I had to circle around a bit until someone left. This part of the island is close to the airport and not buried in congested small town traffic, so it made getting out and exploring the island easy; I appreciated that. For others who like more hustle and bustle of town life, this is more of a self contained resort. There are restaurants and clubs, etc. nearby - but many of them were still closed for the season. I like fewer tourists - and yet it was not so deserted to feel isolated even as a solo traveler. I enjoyed the complimentary alcoholic beverages, but have to say that the wine (which I drank at dinner - I found the champagne to be the best bet) is not quite what I would have chosen (I had read this in another review) and when I asked for a martini with an olive at happy hour, I got some kind of mixture with a green candied cherry. I had to laugh. I think I would stick with straight liquor on the rocks or bottled beer - but as I am not a serious drinker, it was all good. I would stay at this resort again because of convenient location to the airport and lack of congestion - at least in spring, because the food was very good, the rooms were clean and pleasant, the public areas and restaurant were airy and cheery, and the resort was upscale. Prices at the end of April were excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side might be noisy in high season because of bar music. If one has mobility issu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Christie B

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment. We appreciate your suggestions concerning the rooms. We are happy that you were satisfied with our restaurant and food selection and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beverage services as well as the location and facilities. We hope to welcome you again at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I returned from a seven night holiday in the Palladium Palace on 30/10/13. We both agree that it was by far the best holiday either of us had ever been on and could not fault it in any way!

As the hotel is not even 10 minutes from the airport, we chose to get a taxi rather than pre-arranged transfers after our late night flight, and were not disappointed! There were more than enough taxis available directly outside and we were dropped at the hotel's main entrance for a mere 9 Euro's, within twenty minutes of our flight landing!

From the moment we arrived we were treated exceptionally; nothing was too much for the staff, who all helped to make the holiday as amazing as it was. We hadn't even finished our drinks and they were bringing us another to the table, and it only took a couple of days for the staff to recognize us and remember our drinks order.

Our room was in block 2000 and was spacious, immaculately clean and had a lovely deck overlooking the main pool. It was finished to a much higher quality than any other 'standard' room we have stayed in, including here in Britain!

So much is included in the all-inclusive tariff - a huge variety of branded drinks such as Smirnoff and Disaronno, cocktails, pool towels, hotel entertainment, A La Carte restaurants and even a minibar in the room that was restocked daily.

There is also plenty of choice where food is concerned at the hotel. The main buffet restaurant serves a variety of high quality, fresh food and there are two lovely A La Carte restaurants that are both worth a visit, as well as a beach restaurant - so plenty of chances for a change of scenery!

You also have choice when it comes to pools, as we went out of season there was always plenty of sun loungers either by the main pool (which has a real holiday vibe with music and entertainment from the staff, without being too invasive) or the 'chill out pool' which is quieter.

There is an on-site shop with plenty of amenities including snacks, gifts, magazines and toiletries.

Hotel entertainment was free and absolutely brilliant! During the week we were there we were able to watch the Beijing Acrobats, and the staff did stage performances of Mamma Mia and Moulin Rouge - both absolutely hilarious and a real highlight of the holiday thanks to the wonderful staff.

Although we were staying as a couple, we were really impressed by the facilities that the hotel provides for families; the kid's club runs until 6pm, where they have entertainment and their own pool and there is also separate entertainment for the children in the night. This also meant that the adults were able to enjoy a quieter, more mature atmosphere throughout the hotel.

The hotel's spa, 'Zentropia', is very reasonably priced at 10 Euros for 90 minutes use of the 'circuit' and is definitely worth a visit! As we went out-of-season we were usually the only ones there and were allowed to stay as long as we wanted. It is finished to an exceptionally high standard and really helps you feel pampered!

All in all, we can not fault the hotel in any way! For the entire duration of the holiday we never even left the hotel resort - not once! We had absolutely everything on-site and thoroughly enjoyed our time there, we were very sorry to have to leave! We will definitely be returning and have no plans to holiday anywhere else!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room in Block 2000, which had a lovely deck and a brilliant view overloo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Stephanie J

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and for your stay at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service, staff, animation program and facilities. We always try to fulfill all wishes of our clients as good as possible. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our variety of food and beverages. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in October for a week just my husband and I it was very relaxing the rooms were cleaned daily are Room was very spacious we were in block 3 the food was really good plenty of choice. We would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carol i I

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and your stay at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy to hear your satisfaction about our food selection and facilities. We hope to see you again at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Good hotel , two pools always sun loungers available and aqua sports made me laugh.
Free wifi in reception handy. Food in restaurant good never left hungry.

We were all inclusive drinks selection on this was very poor no cocktails which is a must for a girly holiday.

Good quiet location although short walk to resort centre. And close to beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank scottyjules

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your opinion with us, which is very important in order to improve our service. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service, facilities and location. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Palladium Palace for some sunshine, relaxation, a decent gym and good food.....and it delivered on all counts.
In addition there was a fabulous flamenco show, friendly, efficient staff who must have been exhausted at the end of the season after working such long shifts, but who couldn't do enough to help and possibly the best paella I've eaten.

The Portofino bar by the beach was brilliant for lunch as the paella, salad and fruit were so good. The paella was best on the days when it was was also cooked for conference guests.

Food was generally extremely good with some unexpected treats like sushi, a shoulder of Serrano ham carved to order and various sea foods. The fish soup was delicious and I liked the omelettes. Riocha, cava and cocktails were lovely.

We didn't use the spa but the gym was nearly always empty first thing in the mornings.

The view from the outside dining area was gorgeous as it looks out onto the nature reserve.

We knew we would have to pay for sunbeds on the beach so went prepared. Loved the beach, which was really quiet at the start of our week with plenty of sun and a calm sea.

I don't think playa d'en bossa would be my first choice in the summer as I'm sure that the hotel and the beach are a lot busier.

However, in October it was pefect.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank lollup

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback of our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our facilities, restaurants, variety of food and beverages as well as our staff members. Your opinion is very important to us and with your help we can always improve even more our services. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

As previously stated by other reviewers, this hotel is perfect if looking for an out of season break. We travelled with another couple, our 17 month old son and their 13 month old daughter. We found the food was excellent and always something for our toddlers to eat. They had ample highchairs and loved to interact with the kids. The mini club was fun and my son loved it. They have a splash pool with a few slides and sprays etc.. that is underused as it is at the front of the hotel (but still in the hotel grounds) and I think because it doesn't have a bar near it many people with kids avoid it but we really liked it.

Room was lovely. We had a superior room and found the extra space helpful with our son. Beds were firm but didn't stop us sleeping.

Planes overhead never a problem. Could not be heard in the room unless you really listened for them.

Overall a great stay with lots of nice touches. Weather was great and even though it was the last week the hotel was open the staff never lost their enthusiasm or friendliness.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank sam m

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a lovely stay at our hotel and are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our facilities, rooms and staff. Hopefully we will welcome you again at our Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#6 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#4 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
#5 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!