“Just a few tips and hints.”

Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Just a few tips and hints.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just returned after a week at The Palladium with the wife. Hotel is as most reviews say, big, clean, friendly staff and food as AI standards go is excellent. The closing parties for all the major clubs were last week so if you go now around 90% of bars and shops in Playa den Bossa are closed for the winter. If you want to watch any sports go into town and turn left at the KFC there's an English sports bar there and it shows all games live and was the busiest bar while we were there.
Travelling around- go to the security lobby at the entrance to the hotel and then go right you will find the bus stop, buses run on the hour and every half hour. Bus to Ibiza town (Evissa) costs 2euro70 it does a bit of a loop in Ibiza Town then drops you in the main underground bus terminal, this is about a 10 min walk from the front or it is where you connect to get a bus anywhere else on the island. Bus on to San Antonio cost the same again. Taxi home from San Antonio was 27 euro one way.
lobby bar at the hotel is open 9am to 1am which is very good for all inc.
Many international brands are included in the AI package although they dont tell you, if you ask for a vodka you will get local vodka however if you ask for Smirnoff you will get Smirnoff.
Ladies if you like Cava you can have a glass or why not ask for the bottle to save going back to the bar :) Don't think many people realised but peanuts and crisp were available all night and are served in bowls you just need to ask.
Not sure if its because it late season but we were able to use the a la carte restaurants every night of our stay- Tex Mex was ok Mediterrano much better but try yourself and make your own mind up.
Beach ok very quiet but a lot of seaweed, take a walk to the right to the watchtower, its free to climb to the top and you get a fantastic view of Den Bossa and Ibiza Town.
Mini bar restocked every other day with water and soft drinks.
Dressing gowns and slippers provided in you room on arrival.
All in all one of the best AI hotels we have stayed in.
any questions fell free to ask.

2 Thank carlnhay
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and for your stay at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services, food and staff. Thank you very much for your positive feedback on our restaurants and facilities. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in October 2013, our first proper holiday away together so wanted to go to a hotel with a good all inclusive selection in terms of food and drinks.
Got back today, and I can't sing the hotels praises enough. The selection of food at breakfast (though we only made it down once in the whole week for it) was outstanding, continental style breakfast and a huge selection of bread, pastries and sausage, eggs and bacon.
The staff couldn't do enough for you, always making sure you had a drink.
The two a la carte restaurants included in the all inclusive package were first class. The food was always cooked to a high standard and if you wanted, you could have a steak every night. The menus didn't change which was a bit disappointing but with so much choice of where to eat in the hotel, you could try something different every time you went.

Our room was lovely and spacious, a surprise as after reading a few reviews on some of the rooms I expected them to be small and dated. The room had a large bedroom, with two single beds which were pushed together. Bit disappointed there but not that bothered for just a week!
The minibar was restocked everyday and is included in the all inclusive package. In my experience at the hotel, try and get a room in the 3000 block, on the first or second floor. Rooms in 3000 block have gorgeous views of the sea and pool, and the ground floor rooms have open fronted balconies... A little bit too open if you ask me!

Overall, the hotel is a lovely place to stay. Brilliant distance from the airport, only €10/11 in a taxi. Around €30 if you want to head into Santa Eulalia. The planes coming in and out overhead didn't bother us, walking on the beach and seeing them come in really is an experience though, they get pretty close! The noise can hardly be heard in the room and didn't disrupt our sleep.
Playa d'en Bossa at this time of year seemed very quiet. Not many shops were open and the hotel is a bit of a walk from the main town, being the last hotel on the far side of the beach. However I don't think this should out anyone off, it's a amazing hotel and we'd definitely both stay again. :)

Room Tip: Block 3000 and rooms on the first or second floor
1 Thank Bryony9928
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and your stay at our Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our selection of food and our service. We would like to thank you also for your positive feedback on our staff and the facilities of our hotel. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.
England
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Grand Palladium for 4 nights at the beginning of October. Excellent location from airport, we were off the plane and in the hotel reception within 20 minutes. We took a taxi, around 9 Euros, from air port to hotel.
We were in block 5, near to the beach and beach bars, but we never heard any noise at night, and slept really well. Our room was very clean and tidy. Mini bar always fully stocked with soft drinks. We didn't use safe, but it was there for free and easy to use.
Both pools were very clean, we used both but I loved the chill out pool.
Also the beach was just a minutes walk away from hotel. Lovely clear sea, and sand that stretches the whole of Playa D'en Bossa front. You do have to pay for a sunbed, but we were happy to sit on the sand. Lots of bars easy to reach from here too. Around 5 beach bars in a row.
We stayed All Inclusive, and it was the best I had ever had. Lots of drinks included, even branded spirits etc. Food was excellent every day, and we ate in the Tex-Mex restaurant, also lovely.
We had a day and night in Ibiza town, which is beautiful. Don't get a taxi, there's a bus stop just outside gates that will take you there for less than 3 Euros, runs every half an hour on the dot. You can even get the Space bus back from Ibiza town throughout the night.
We had a great time, and will hopefully return next year as there is so much more to Ibiza than we could fit in!

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment and for taking your time to share them with us. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our facilities, rooms, location and infrastructure around our hotel. Thank you very much for your positive feedback on our food and restaurants. We hope to welcome you again at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel was ok don't get me wrong it did not completely ruin the holiday, but we would not return there or recommend to friends.

Bad points: Staff were not very friendly at all, it felt like as they were trying to promote a luxury hotel they were working so hard they forgot to smile and be friendly. On many occasions we felt uncomfortable in and around the hotel and felt like we could not relax or put a finger wrong.
The bed in our room was so old it creaked every time you moved, even in the slightest when you sat on it therefore we did not sleep well.
The tv, as someone mentioned before only has bbc news and sky news - one more channel that had been something different to a news channel would have been lovely.
couldn't see anything from our balcony as palm trees were blocking the whole of it
the swimming pool was covered in dead flies on the first morning we were there so nobody went in the pool
the beach was covered in broken glass (expected as in Ibiza but would have expected better for our end of the beach where our hotel was)
hotel very spread out and at times we felt a little lost

Good points:
Hotel was practically on the beach (even though the beach wasn't the nicest beach it was still a lovely location)
swimming pools were huge
sunbeds - the bali beds, were so comfy and free to use
ammenties in the room were generous - tea and coffee facilities, mini bar, dressing gown, slippers and toiletries. All of which were topped up when needed
Plenty of choice for food and variation every night. food was of good standard aswell
20 minute transfer at most from airport - lovely after a flight.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our food, swimming pools and facilities. Though, we are sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as expected. Although your comments concerning the staff are unexpected, we take them into account and we thank you once again for taking the time to share them with us. We hope to see you again at our Hotel in order to surprise you in a positive way on your next visit.
Manchester
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel at the beginning of October for one week. It was our first family holiday abroad with our 9 month old baby.

The hotel is very close to the airport; around ten minutes to transfer which was good with our little one after a the hour flight.

The hotel is situated on the beach but it is not owned by them and therefore not maintained by them. There is a charge for sunbeds and parasols. The first day we walked to the beach it was covered in sea weed so we didn't stay but a couple of days later it had been cleared.

Check in was smooth and fast and we had been allocated a sea view room over looking the main pool. The room was spacious and modern and the bed was queen sized. We asked for a cot and it was brought to our room. The mini bar was restocked daily and the rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard.

we stayed all inclusive. The food was great compared to other all inclusives we've stayed at. There was a large variety and it was all fresh. Branded drinks were available, you just had to all for them. If you didn't ask you got the local equivalent. Some drinks were paid for even on all inclusive so you had to check the menu. The waiters were all very friendly and generally recognised you after a few days. One thing let the waiter service down in my opinion; there was an eon conference going on with probably around one hundred delegates staying at the hotel for a couple of nights. One lunch time they opened the restaurant late so that the conference people could be served and out of the way this wasn't a problem but I needed to fed our baby do asked if we could go through. I was abruptly told by the head waiter, julio, that we could go in but not touch any of the food! I explained that I simply wanted to sit my baby down and feed him so he let us though. I then asked another waiter if whole milk was available for my baby as I hadn't seen it at breakfast. Julio ran over and rudely told the waiter off for speaking to me and told me not to speak to him! I looked at my husband in shock. A little while later, I saw Julio, and asked why he did what he did when all I was asking for was some milk. He said he thought I was asking to sit outside. I explained no and told him that he didn't even give me chance to explain what I wanted. He was probably the rudest waiter I've ever come across, constantly interrupting as I was speaking. Anyway, he then realised what he had done and proceeded to bring me skimmed milk, soya milk and semi skimmed milk. I said I wanted whole milk and he says they don't have it and to request it at reception. By this time I couldn't be bothered. He was the only let down personnel wise at the hotel. Everyone else was friendly and helpful.

There were two a la carte restaurants but we didn't try them as the menus didn't look great and when we did venture over just to have a look we weren't really welcomed nicely. You can't wear sandles or flip flops in these restaurants.

We took our baby to the mini club which was great. Lots of toys, activities, an outdoor area and space for him to roll around. He loved it. The two staff were brilliant and loved playing with him. There was a Childrens pool which was great with slides etc for older children but it was freezing! I thought with it being a childrens pool it would have been a lot warmer. You couldn't really keep a baby in it for long. There was a mini disco in the evenings at 8.30pm which we couldn't go to because it was past bed time. I would suggest making it earlier as it's for kids and most I know go to sleep early.

We didn't get the opportunity to experience the evening entertainment so can't really comment on this, but it sounded good from where we were.

The beach was very noisy at night with parties going on until 5.30 am and music banging. Obviously I expected that in Ibiza, just not to be able to hear it in my room.

Overall we had a great holiday and stay at this hotel and id recommend it to anyone with kids.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Reena P
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your review and for recommending us.
I am very sorry to hear that you had such a experience at the main restaurant. I will give your review to the Maître to avoid this happening again. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
In spite of this fact I am glad to know that your stay with us was to your satisfaction and that your baby did enjoy the miniclub.
We hope to host you next summer again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just returned from 5 days at the Grand Palladium in Playa D'en Bossa with my boyfriend and 6 friends. We had an amazing time, pools were great, drinks all inclusive on our package and a serious selection of food in the main restaurant. The staff were over and beyond friendly and nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I would absolutely come back to this hotel and have looked into returning next year. Probably the best hotel I have stayed in and the all inclusive drinks saved us a fortune on a very expensive island! I found the hotel itself to be very relaxing and the spa was wonderful! Dino, Nacho, and all the bar staff were all great and we are looking forward to returning next year! Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank elainec22
Dear guest,

Thank you for rating us 5/5 on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you had an amazing time at our hotel and that you did enjoy our All Inclusive offer. It is always a pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you next summer.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We've just returned from a week here in early October. The hotel is very nice. Very clean. We were greeted at reception with a cool towel and a fresh fruit juice. The hotel wasn't full so there were always lots of free sunbeds around the pool. The ones around the quiet pool tended to get taken quickly but the main pool always had beds available. Breakfast and lunch were great. Lots of choice. We struggled a bit in the evenings but that's more down to our taste and preferences than a lack of choice or quality. We tried the Mexican and the Mediterranean restaurants. The med was the nicer of the two in terms of food. Rooms were nice and modern. We had a huge king size bed. Mattresses were very firm but we slept well. All rooms looked like they had balconies with chairs, tables and a little clothes airer. The main hotel bar was nice and there was free wifi. Not strong enough to download anything major but enough for a casual surf! We didn't bother with the night time entertainment but there was something on every night if you wanted it.

We booked all inclusive but found that not everything is included in all inclusive. We got the receptionist to explain the detail to us. Local wine and beer are included. Spirits are. Some cocktails (ready mixed from a machine - yuk) are but others which are mixed for you aren't included. And it differs in the restaurants too. We could get a gin and tonic inclusive at the bar but not in the Mexican. Fruit juice at breakfast is out of a machine (and is gross) or you can pay for fresh orange. Wifi is free downstairs but you pay for it in your room

The immediate area around the hotel isn't the nicest but we had a walk into Playa d'en Bossa which took about 15 minutes. It was the closing weekend for a lot of the clubs so was quiet. There were plenty of bars but most seemed to be aimed at the party/club scene. There is a great bar called 'Dunes' where we spent a couple of nights. Great music and a chilled out atmosphere.

For us, the hotel was lovely and I'm sure it's classed as five star in terms of its facilities. We would say its a strong four star. It wasn't as luxurious as we were expecting. Little things would have made it more special for us - waitress bar service around the pool, true 'all inclusive' on drinks, some free access to the spa for example.

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your review with us. It was a pleasure to host you. We appreciate your suggestions because it helps us to improve our services. We wish you a nice winter and hope to welcome you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,035 reviews
Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
#12 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!