This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor, but after recently returning from a fortnight at the Grand Palladium Palace I felt compelled to write a review in response to some of the neigh sayers.
My wife and I booked our trip to the Grand Palladium nearly a year ago and at the time we were almost put off by the talk of "French Gypsies".
After spending a fortnight there I can safely say that we saw nothing of the sort. Fair enough the hotel had a large amount of French guests, who by virtue of their nationality can appear rude at times, but to label them as gypsies is nothing short of racist. The hotel had an equal amount of German, Dutch, Spanish and English guests.
By enlarge the French guest we encountered were friendly and well-to-do. Indeed a number of them had their families and nannies with them, so i cannot Imagine that they stepped of the nearest camp site. If you do not want to encounter other cultures whilst on holiday then perhaps you should consider centre parks next year!
In stark contradiction to the previous reviews I have read the rudest behaviour I witnessed during this holiday was on behalf of the British people staying in the hotel. It seems that some of my fellow countrymen believe that just because they have paid for an all inclusive holiday, they have the right to be rude to the hotel staff as part of the deal.
I suspect a few of those ignorant fools have already give their two pennies on this site. Well guess what? If you're rude to hotel staff, chances are they're going to be rude back!
The hotel was clean, the staff were attentive and friendly; and the food was world class for an all inclusive.
We had an amazing family holiday in the company of other nations.
Ibiza is a laid back island for laid back people. Playa d'en bosa is hectic, if you are uptight then it's not for you. Go somewhere else!
And one final thought to bare in mind. This hotel has never claimed to be a 5 star. The sign the door says 4 and it's a very good 4 star. If you're travel company has said otherwise then take it up with them.
Thank you to all the Grand Palladium staff for all your hard work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable holiday right on the beachfront of the renowned Playa d'en Bossa. The resort also offers six spacious meeting rooms with the latest technology that allows for events and celebrations of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Palace Ibiza Hotel Playa d`En Bossa
- Hotel Palladium Palace Ibiza
- Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa Playa D'en Bossa