We stayed here on a last minute deal at the end of October / beginning of November 2012. The hotel is about 10 mins by coach from the airport and although some people on here have complained about the noise of the planes, it's really not that bad. The hotel itself was in good condition - all public areas and our room were very clean and serviced daily. Our room had a free mini bar but don't get excited as it only contains soft drinks and wasn't replenished during the week we stayed there which was disappointing. That said, as we stayed All Inclusive we were able to go back and forwards to the bar and take drinks back to our room (we got the staff to fill a jug with beer or asked for a full bottle of wine to save us going back and forth).
Food was available throughout the day - there are 2 restaurants open at various times during the day - the main dining room which had an excellent range of food to suit everyone and then a smaller restaurant/snack bar overlooking the beach with a smaller range of hot and cold food.
In all the food was fairly good quality but not amazing. The staff in both restaurants were very attentive and friendly but not in an overbearing way. If you want more gourmet cuisine you will need to book into one of the themed restaurants (Mexican or Mediterranean). On the AI deal we were allowed one free visit to each during our stay. The Mexican was disappointing - the food was barely average and the staff were really morbid and grumpy which was a far cry from the main hotel. The Mediterranean restaurant however served some beautiful dishes, very tasty and the staff were really cheerful and friendly. I would have happily paid extra to eat there.
We were also entitled to one free visit to the Spa during our stay which was lovely. The Spa itself was clean, relaxing and the staff were lovely. My only complaint would be that the jacuzzi was very weak with hardly any bubbles.
The drinks selection at any of the bars was excellent - most of the beer and spirits were branded.The bar staff were friendly and helpful.
Wifi was available in the main lobby of the hotel but the connection was pretty poor. If you really need to access the internet you would be better off paying to use one of the 'pay as you go' desktops in the lobby.
Entertainment at the hotel was (in my opinion) rubbish. There is a circus style tent in the grounds which has evening shows starting around 9pm. On one of the evenings that I walked in I was presented with a woman dressed in rags and fake tan crawling around the stage purporting to be The Lion King - not my cup of tea.
The sports facilities (tennis, archery) were fairly good with plenty of space for everyone to be able to enjoy and it is possible to hire sports equipment from near the tennis courts where you can also have your beach towel changed daily.
The location of the hotel right on the beach was good although it would be a good hours walk to Ibiza Old Town which is well worth a visit.
I would definitely stay here again but only off peak as I would imagine in peak season it could get very busy and noisy around the pools which a lot of balconies overlook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable holiday right on the beachfront of the renowned Playa d'en Bossa. The resort also offers six spacious meeting rooms with the latest technology that allows for events and celebrations of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Palace Ibiza Hotel Playa d`En Bossa
- Hotel Palladium Palace Ibiza
- Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa Playa D'en Bossa