Review of Space

Reviewed October 5, 2012

5th time to space in last three years- went for the "we love space" closing party.
what to expect- space can cost anything from 30- 60 entrance (watch out for cheap entry wristbands)
drinks approx 15e for spirit, think boyf paid 8e for a beer, 8e for a water.
many different rooms/ terraces- different music on in each.good air con- toilet queues can be long for ladies:) personally i wouldnt go in before 12-1am.

have always had a great night in space, friendly crowd. made many friends during the years. bit of an institution in ibiza- cant go without going at least once.

All reviews
in 38 reviews
in 51 reviews
in 111 reviews

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went to see carl cox at space, absolutely rammed and impossible to find the exit, no aircon, other clubs are better, pacha and amnesia are best!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

the only thing i didn't like about it was the price of drinks and the seriously long Q's other than that great night out such a variety of very good DJ's each room greatly designed

Reviewed September 25, 2012

First of all I'd like to say I have been to Space every summer for the past 10 years, and have always had a brilliant time. This year I went 3 times in 11 days and I only really enjoyed one DJ (Lottie) at We love Space on Sunday. For those unfamiliar, Space on a Sunday - during the day - used to be very popular. The sunset terrace opened in the morning and the music went on until the next morning. Due to to new laws being passed, controlling the level of noise, the terrace could only open in the late afternoon. Even so, it used to get busy by 6 or 7pm. This year we arrived at about 9pm on one Sunday and even later the following Sunday, yet it was still half empty. To be honest, I thought the DJs, apart from Lottie, were AWFUL on the sunset terrace. They played terrible music, some not particularly dancey and bearing in mind this is a dance club! Some didn't bother even mixing - maybe not a big deal any more but if I'm paying 35-50 euros to get in and 15 euros a drink, I expect to be shown some skills on the decks and to be entertained in some way. The sunset terrace has the music turned down at midnight and we went inside but again I didn't enjoy the DJs. I know this is a review of the club and not the DJs but the two go hand in hand. I think whoever is/was in charge of the bookings this year just got it wrong. We didn't stay late enough to see the headlining DJs each night so maybe it did get busier. We saw Sister Bliss on the Wednesday, and she was okay. I also think that with the current economic climate a lot of people just can't afford to go a club for hours any more - it's just too expensive. There is also competition from Bora Bora, on the beach, which is free to get in and the drinks are cheaper.
The club itself isn't that amazing decor-wise, but it was always about the music and dancing for me. I didn't have the best time this year but I will definitely give it a go again next year.

2  Thank makeminealargeone
See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2012

have been a few times to space have seen many dj's and have always enjoyed myself , yes the drinks are expensive but is there a place in ibiza that's what you call " cheap " ? no there isn't if you want cheap go to wetherspoons in the uk , !!

the terrace is a bit of a joke really but hey ho , your not there to admire the terrace , have seen a few people here , erick morillo this year and he was outstanding . but for atmosphere it's not great and i agree the staff can be a bit mardy , is it better than pacha ? in my opinion yes , amnesia , privilige ?? no . it's a good place not the best on the island .