“You get what you pay for!”

Apartmentos Playa Sol I
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed September 2010 (two young ladies). Good location for Playa Den Bosa centre (5 minute walk) - beach 3 minute walk, Figueretas (10 minute walk) and Ibiza Town/harbour (about 15-20 minutes walk - which we did day and night). Not the best apartments but by far not the worst. This is one of three hotels on the same street. We stayed in Sol I, had to get our room key from Sol II (over/down the road - 10 metres away) and had our meals in the third (also over the road). Not the best food (catered more for the Spanish and Italian guests) but ok (we managed three courses each night). The apartments were very noisy but when the patio doors were closed this resolved this problem so not a problem. Mainly spanish and Italian guests. The apartments were cleaned every other day but the Maid only made our beds and provided clean towels twice during the whole week (we left the apartments at 9am every day and never returned until 7pm). Other quests stated they had problems with the air-con and electrics but we were fine, although we did only have two pugs to use for the whole apartment (one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom). Reception were very helpful and polite. These apartments would be most suited to the younger lively or on a budget traveller. In all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank HolidayTalk

Reviewed July 20, 2010

A very noisy place. Full of young Italians and Spanish screaming and shouting all day and all night till 4am. Not a place to go if you want sleep! Enclosed building so noise echos. There's no receptionist at this hotel so people do pretty much as they wish! Fridge didn't close. Water pressure terrible. Mosquitoes everywhere, bitten all over! Limited cooking facilities and equipment. Made our holiday very unpleasant.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank mediafrenzymusic
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I expected a better place, because the reviews of venere were good. When we arrived there we were shocked with the conditions of the flat, because nothing(!!!!!) worked. TV didnt work, Air conditioner didnt work, just in "fan-modus" (In Ibiza was 36 degrees), the shower was horrible, it was difficult to wash our hairs because the water of the shower was not enough, I wouldn't call it a shower because we just got some drops of water. The electric cooker was also not working. The refrigerator was completly rusted. So, all the things they offered on their flats do not correspond with the reality. Stay away from this place if you are more than 20 years old and likes a bit of cleaness and confort
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I know or even to my enemies.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank lillyfee_80
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Pretty much agree with Hra_hirvi, had the same problems. Need to add one thing though - the incapability of the staff to handle even the most usual tasks efficiently. We stayed in a group of 5 people, and getting the receptionist to undestand that we really are 5, which means 2 people in one room and 3 in another, took abt 5min (he was sure we either want to stay in 1+4 combination or that we were 6 in total...). Add a couple of similar experiences during the week.

Place is good for partying, there certainly is no need to be worried about playing music at basically any time of the day. And location between between playa den bossa and eivissa is also very good for a combined party/beach holiday.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We stayed a week with 3 friends at Playa Sol 1 at Figueretas in Ibiza. I'd recommend the hotel only to the most budget-focused party-goer - personally I will never stay there again.

Negatives:
----Pool area taken over by Italian kids in their 20s playing all day the "hee-hee-I'll-push-you-to-water" game
----Shower water temperature and pressure changing all the time. hot-cold-hot-cold... Super annoying, and worse than during my recent trip to Romania...
----Hotel and rooms worn out in all ways. Half of elevators out of service, room renovations done with low quality

Positives:
+++overall party atmosphere in evenings
+++working fridge & AC (although these should be minimums!)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hra_Hirvi
Reviewed September 21, 2007

Was very worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews, however, there was nothing to worry about. My partner and I (29 and 35 years) arrived at 2.30am and were greeted with a smile. We requested an apartment above 1st floor level which we got (lifts available). The apartment was very clean and spacious. I was surprised to find we had a separate bedroom with twin beds and large wardrobe space (take your own hangers!) There was a dining area with a table and four chairs and a sofa (which I think is a bed for a 3rd and 4th person) and a TV. There was a small kitchenette (two hobs - no microwave or toaster) with fridge and ample crockery. We did not use this as it's cheap to eat out, however it looked sufficient if you wanted to eat in some nights. The balcony was large and had a table and four chairs (just remember to close the door if you want your air con to kick in).
The cleaners came everyday and did a good job. The pool was fairly small but in honesty we did not use it - preferring the beach which is a 2 min walk away. The apartments can get fairly noisy but the rather dishy "bouncer" who came on duty at about midnight was excellent. Without ruining anyone's good time he did a good job at making sure music from personal stereos (at night and in the early hours) was at an acceptable level.

Location - The apartments are close to several shops and a couple of restaurants and a 10 min beach front walk to the main area of Playa den Bossa and about 15 mins walk to Space. Ibiza town was a very pleasant 20 mins walk in the opposite direction (beach front with some lovely restaurants). We took a cab from the centre of Playa den Bossa to San Antonio which took about 20mins and cost 25 euros. The airport is about 5-10mins in a cab and cost us about 12 euros.

Overall these apartments were very good value for money and I would recommend these to couples or groups who are looking for spacious, clean accommodation close to the airport, Space and Ibiza Town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee123Surrey
A TripAdvisor Member
York, North Yorkshire, England
Reviewed July 3, 2006

Stayed at the Playa Sol 1 Figuretas Ibiza, in June, and although we must have been the oldest couple in this hotel we found No problem with noise. Ok - the younger generation were getting ready to go out at around 3 am, just as we were coming home, and then returning around 7.30 am but although we did hear them, they created no problems.
As for continuous noise - are people not allowed to enjoy themselves when they are on holiday. My partner and I are in our 50's and found the younger generation in the hotel, polite, well mannered, well behaved people who had gone to Ibiza to enjoy themselves.
The staff were excellent, very helpfull and polite.
All in all this is a very well equipped hotel if you only want basic, reasonable priced accomodation.

• Stayed: June 2006