“Good for young people wanting to be in center of party”

Apartamentos Sal Rossa Ibiza
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights as a result of a quick decision to extend our stay in Ibiza the day we were meant to leave- our original hotel being fully booked as it was peak season.

I would recommend this hotel for people who would want basic accommodation in the heart of Playa D'en Bossa (this apartment is literally next door to Jet which is the center of Playa D'en Bossa). expect the music to be pumping all night (even early AM) as you are in the center of the action. beach front access, average pool. also extremely close proximity to Bora Bora Beach party (sal rossa is next door to Jet Apartments which is next door to Bora Bora)

I would recommend this hotel for your people as a family would definitely not stay in this area of Ibiza/Playa D'en Bossa. also there is free Wifi access which is very handy and very helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Apartamentos Sal Rossa Ibiza

Reviewed October 1, 2012

very convenient location - there's a nearby grocery, lots of restaurants to choose from; rooms had amazing view of the pool & the beach :)
apartamentos sal rossa is highly recommended for family vacation

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Sal rossa for 2 weeks and we had a brilliant time. The apartments were great and were right on the beach. there was a decent size pool and plenty of sun loungers every day. The rooms were clean but basic. The kitchen had a toaster, a two ringed hob and a microwave and kettle. these were more than adequate to cook with. We made a full English breakfast most days and a few even meals (fajitas) with out any problems. I would recommend getting the bus to Lidle supermarket in Figueretas as the supermarkets near by are very expensive! The rooms were cleaned every two days and fresh towels and toilet roll left with each clean.The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The food served in the hotel was nice and at a reasonable price but not a great deal of choice. The only problem I had with player den bossa; was the lack of good restaurants most of them were fast food! Having said that I had no issues taking a bus or a taxi up to Figueretas where there was far more choice and a much more relaxed atmosphere. I really liked player den bossa for the party atmosphere too. I would not recommend taking children if your hoping for entertainment as I didn't see any apart from one singer who came during the day of our first week. apart from that I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank klairelinz
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After reading good reports of the hotel my girlfriend and I booked in for 7 nights at the Sal Rossa. Upon arrival we were impressed by the cleanliness and the location (literally on the beach) The room was small but adequate for our needs whilst the balcony had a superb view of the pool and beach. Whilst we were concerned about the nearby Bora Bora and flightpath creating too much noise we were sufficiently impressed at night to hear nothing in our bedroom. The aircon was brilliant (although bizarrely it turns off when you open a window or door!)and gave us light relief when we came back from sunbathing whilst despite other reviews dissing the water although it was salty it wasnt that off putting. We both had food from the hotel every day and found it very good considering it was not a restaurant. The best bit however was the location, 5 mins from Bora Bora, Sankeys and Space and the beach leading off the back of the hotel. Far and away the best hotel I have stayed at in Ibiza.

Room Tip: try and get a balcony view and keep the air con on when you are out of your room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here last year with 4 friends, it was very clean, great location and the staff were fantastic, the manager even let me in his office to use his computer when I wanted to book tickets for something back home.

The rep we had (only seen her once) came to tell us that people in the hotel had compained about the noise. In fairness we were very loud on occasions so it was well deserved.

The pool is lovely, right on the beach, we went down on our last day very early in the morning and watched the sunrise, a great experience, It was in my opinion even better than the sunset in san antonio.

The food was basic but filled a hole when you were hungover. Good toasties etc. I stayed september 2011 not October 2011 but it won't let me choose that as an option now.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights there. The Location was great. The hotel was safe but:
The hotel water system is awful. The water is that salty that you can’t even take a shower or wash your hands. We complained but they said that this is the same for all hotels in Ibiza which was a Lie ! We checked other hotels such as Garbi and the water quality was good. So we had to go to Garbi to take a shower everyday.
The room and bathroom cleaning was very bad. They only changed the towels. They didn’t recharge the soap and bath gel. We complained and they said you have to ask us for that! They didn’t change the bed dressing even once. They just set it every day. The bed was not comfortable at all and we woke up everyday with back ache.
The breakfast at the bar was bad. Even the tea smelled.
We paid 1030 Euros for 6 nights and it was a mistake. By paying a little more take Garbi which is a different world comparing where we stayed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amir M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 16-24th august 2012 with three girlfrienda and will definitely be back next year. Location wise its ideal. Less than 5 mins from bora bora, but far enough so that noise is not an issue. Right on the beach and 10 minutes walk from Space. Rooms are basic but spotless and we were provided with clean linen/towels every day. Air con was also the best ive had in a hotel! Important in mid August.

• Stayed: August 2012
Apartamentos Bora Bora
Apartamentos Bora Bora
#25 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul

Been to Apartamentos Sal Rossa Ibiza? Share your experiences!