“Hell Hole!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Dublin, Ireland
“Hell Hole!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Please never stay here. This was by far the worst accomadation I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world. It is an absolutely disgusting hell hole. I just returned from here (lads in 20's & 30's) a few days ago and I could honestly not get out of there quick enough. Firstly the apartments are filthy, beds, sheets, towels, sofas, bathroom, everything filthy. Our door had holes all over it from punches and been kicked in several times. The crowd there were mostly horrible noisy Italians, which spent most of their time roaring to each other and banging pots and stuff on the balconies. I have been to Ibiza several times before and never experienced such awful accomadation. If you dont feel up to it one night and want to sleep, forget about it, no chance whatsoever of sleeping here. This place should be shut down immediately and bull dozed to the ground.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 177James

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed in Arlanza Apartments for 10 days and returned back to the UK today.

My friends have been to Ibiza several times and have stayed in the Jet apartments before and are fairly use to Ibiza apartments and hotels so, were quite confident that these apartments would live up to the same standards as Jets or be a little more basic. I am sorry to say that on the Jet apartment website there is. A photograph of the pool which isn't the same pool when you actually arrive at these apartments. So despite this false advertisement the pool was dirty and green so that wasn't very enticing to sit around. The advertisement also states its 200 meters away from Jet apartments and the beach when intact it is about 1500m away so again false advertising.

Upon arriving at Arlanza the lift didn't work and nobody at the reception offered to help us so at about 2 am 4 of us girls 18 and the other 3 21) heaving our heavy suitcases up 4 flight of stairs no doubt causing a lot of unnecessary noise to people who perhaps hadn't gone out that night!

Almost immediately things started to go wrong the wardrobe door in the bedroom was hanging off of the hinges and every single drawer was broken either at the bottom or had a huge crack in it. So 4 girls living out of our cases wasn't really an ideal situation for any of us as I'm sure you fellow ladies can imagine after packing it all so carefully!!

In the main room where there were two sofa beds and the air conditioning this all looked fine but, there was no control for the aircon or there was no way to turn it off which left 2 of us girls freezing and ended up all trying to share the two beds in the bedroom when we asked for assistance at the reception shoulders were simply shrugged!

Furthermore, the sliding door to the balcony didn't lock properly and wasn't completely secure which just added even more to the annoyance we had already encountered. The light in the lounge didn't work so it wasn't very easy to manoeuvre about in the dark and really and truly a working lightbulb isn't much to ask for a two star!

In addition to this the sink and the plug hole in the bath was filthy with hairs and no water ever fully going down the drains? To top off the cleanliness standards in the apartment our beds were never made or our sheets were never freshly changed throughout the whole ten days.

Finally, a unwelcome visitor seemed to appear cockroaches..... Which went down a treat with all four of us girls as I'm sure you can imagine. We alerted the man on reception who agreed to come up to our room to take a look but he couldnt understand barely any English and told us that it was his first day working at the hotel.

Although my friends and I went in the peak of the season I think the rate they are charging for a shoddy, dirty apartment is outrageous and a complete rip off for your money what you are paying. Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting The Ritz or The Dorchester or even The Gvadlapin (Marbella) but I was expecting clean but basic and it didn't manage to meet either of the two.

I would not recommend for anyone to stay here even if you are looking for a relatively cheap break to Ibiza and you think oh we won't even be in the room a lot we will be out because, that's exactly what my friends and I were but it still managed to put a downer on our holiday.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancy M

Travelers are raving about these Playa d'en Bossa hotels

Esher, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was the most awful hotel I had ever stayed in. It was myself and 2 other girls (ages 21, 21 & 22)

When we first got to Ibiza no Taxi drivers had not even heard of the hotel. Once actually finding it after about 2 hours we got to the the hotel to check in and there was a sign on reception saying 'back in 5mins' after about 1 hours wait the guy shows up and checks us in.

The room was a good size but everything else was grotty. The cleaners didnt come round to clean at all for the 5 days that we were there. We had to ask for clean towels.

The sofas in the living room stunk and had stains all over them. The TV didn't even switch on.

We were told by others that the cleaners steal your things therefor everytime we left the room we had to padlock all of our stuff as there were no safes etc provided.

Everynight there were foreign people downstairs by the pool chucking sun beds into the pool and singing and making noise until around 6am when they then returned to their rooms they would sing and shout inside and slam the doors about 10 times (no lie).

We thought we would try the food downstairs in the cafe/restaurant it was disgusting my friend ordered a chicken burger.... the meat was PINK it look like a hamster/gerbil burger or something. I ordered calamari it was the cheapest of the cheap frozen rubbish which had been fried in the oldest tasting oil ever. They must have not changed the oil for god knows how long. When we then told the lady chef she said that pollo (chicken) is supposed to be rosa (pink).

Everytime we would complaind to the ''manager''/reception guy he just shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing he can do. They didn't care at all.

All the sun beds by the pool are cracked and broken probably from all the guests throwing them about. When we tried sunbathing we would have the 'lookylooky' men come in the private property trying to sell us fake sunglasses.

I would never ever go back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

me and 4 others stayed here for 4 nights last week. room was fine, beds were fine, nothing special but all you need when ibiza!! pool was good, the reception guy was funny and the lady at the bar was really nice! would stay again. didnt feel unsafe at all

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Pool was perfect for what we needed, "rosa" the boss in the restaurant was great and worked very hard to look after us all day!
The menu was fine and I guess reasonably priced.
4 euro for a Mexican chicken panini for lunch, same as Costa in the high street back in the UK.

We were self catering, and so did that three nights on the spin with some pasta from the local supermarket and were happy enough with the facilities

we had no issues with crime at all, bit then we are 6 30+ guys who are pretty streetwise, and cash was split up hidden or on us, if you can't see it you can't nick it

check in was very leisurely tho with a few hours looking after cases by the pool, but that was the worst really. Lift stopped working one morning but was soon fixed.

overall thumbs up

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jamesPattersonthree
Longridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter has just returned from a holiday here with 2 friends. The room was burgaled whilst they were out but no sign of any forced entry. The door was locked on their return. €1000, jewellery and mobile phones stolen. The hotel manager was not interested & very unhelpful. This experience ruined the holiday for 3 young girls that had saved for months for an enjoyable holiday. Disgraceful, do not let your family use this accommodation.

Room Tip: No good rooms if burglary is rife!
2 Thank Tracy Y
Salford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Unfortunately for us the reviews on here about theft are true, we had 900 euros, £50 and an iphone stolen from a locked suitcase whilst we were out at the beach one day. We came back to find the (very heavy duty) padlock lying on the bed with the zips still attached - they had cut the zips off to get into the case. When we spoke to the manager he just mumbled in Spanish that he couldn't help, so all we could do was file a police report for our insurance.

No doors or windows were forced so we can only assume whoever came into the room had let themselves in with a key. We also found a couple of towels dropped near the door...screamed cleaner to us.

They also took the spare key to our room so we spent our last 4 days terrified that someone would come back for the rest of our things, and ended up carrying everything about with us, including passports, and jumping at every noise.

Aside from this, the apartments are spacious but old and nothing works (aircon hanging off the wall), the windows don't lock and the walls may as well be made of paper as you can hear absolutely everything from all over the apartments.

We also had our door kicked in by someone off the street at 2am one evening, we can only presume he thought the place was empty as he ran off when we confronted him. Not exactly a secure complex!!!

If you can afford it, stay at the original Jet complex, so much nicer, much more vigilant on security and right on the beach.

Avoid Arlanza like the plague!!!!!