“Brilliant for the price!”

My Tivoli Ibiza Apartments
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
birmingham
“Brilliant for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

Personally I thought Tivoli was an excellent choice of hotel. The location was superb-literally a 2 minute walk from a lovely beach and very near to the main Playa den Bossa strip.

The pictures shown online are made to look a lot more glamerous but the same can be said for most hotels. The rooms were sufficiently sized, cleaners come everyday, there is air conditioning and a fridge and the shower is warm.

Most of the staff are very friendly, there is one english speaking lady who sits are the reception who is very rude though.

If you are looking for a clean, budget hotel, then this place is perfect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

I normally wouldn't go online to bash a hotel, but this one takes the cake and I have to warn anyone else who is thinking of staying at this awful awful place. First of all, the staff was rude from the moment we checked in, the room looks like a prison ward NOT an apartment and there are drunk 18 year olds screaming outside all hours of the night (I know this is Ibiza, but come on...) However, none of this compares to the indignity of BEING ROBBED in our own hotel room. We went to the beach and came back to find my boyfriends suitcase had been opened and 600 euros, phones and credit cards STOLEN. Moreover, the room had been opened with a KEY meaning that probably hotel staff did it. Also, the girls next door were roomed of their perfumes at the same time. Their perfumes!! The hotel management did absolutely NOTHING other than point us in the direction of the police station, deny all responsibility and even accused us of STEALING OUR OWN STUFF. I've never wanted to punch anyone in the face so much before. The end of the story is that nothing of our stuff was compensated for (we filed a likely meaningless police report against them). Basically, its not their fault if people can come into your room off the street and steal all your possessions (or worse). For the love of GOD, don't stay in this hotel -- they are at best criminally negligent and at worse outright THEIVES!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Kent,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

We wasnt expecting a palace, but we thought it should have been a lot better! We found the staff rather unfriendly and rude. All our problems and complaints were dealt with by the Manager, very nice man otherwise we would have changed hotels. We did see lots of other people checking out, clearly not happy. Our parties had been split up, we paid another 60 euros to upgrade in order to stay togther. None of our requests had been met. We had broken showers, no hot water and the food was awful.
I do recommend if you are first time to Ibiza that you really look around before booking.
Our holiday was booked last October, at that time, I focused more on the price. My first choice was the Mare Nostrum, but prices were rising very fast. The location is excellent, the beach gorgeous, I loved Ibiza and will be back but not to the Tivoli and do not recommend it to anyone. It is worth finding a few more pennies then hopefully you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

This year was my second year in visiting this hotel.

What I love about it is:

It is inexpensive
Clean
Air conditioned
5 min walk to the beach
Swimming Pool
Helpful Staff
Location is down the road from Space & Bora Bora

I have read the other reviews on this hotel, it isnt a hostel and if you dont pay huge amount for a hotel you cant expect a 5 star.

Ill be back next year. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

Seriously, this is a horrible place to stay. If only we read the reviews first. Don't be fooled by the photos you saw in a brochure (especially by certain travel agent).....
So how to describe it? Worse than a youth hostel, student digs would be nicer. IF, and if you go for one or two nights and literally want somewhere to lay you're weary head from partying, it may just suit the needs of someone who literally wants a roof over their head to crash.
Communal entrant, flies everywhere, dirty, rude staff, not hot water, no balcony, paper thin walls, no safe... advise to find somewhere else if you get the chance to..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

I spent two nights at the Tivoli this month (June 09), and have no complaints whatsoever regarding the hotel. I booked the room via Hostelworld, and paid €88 for two nights stay.

The room was ready when we arrived; the configuration of the rooms is slightly strange though, as (certainly in Block B) there is a main front door, with a door leading to a room with no balcony, and also a room with a balcony. Our room was on the second floor with a view over the swimming pool.

The staff on duty at the Tivoli were professional and polite, and even though we had to check out at 12pm, we were able to leave our luggage in a luggage room until we left for our flight in the evening.
The rooms were cleaned every day by courteous maids, with clean towels and linen provided regularly.

Some of the reviews of the Tivoli beggar belief, for example “The staff could not understand English – they were ignorant”, “This hotel is full of Italians”. If you are looking for a hotel which perfect English is spoken by all the staff with no foreigners, then I suggest booking a break in Blackpool. Also, I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would take children to Ibiza so I have no sympathy for anyone moaning about the lack of amenities within the hotel and on the island for their little treasures.

Luckily there were no children or screaming babies staying at the Tivoli during my stay.

There is a pool and sun loungers with a shop round the corner, great for anyone who wants to relax in the sun.

The Tivoli has a couple of good restaurants nearby. The best one is past the La Caixa Bank, past the Liquor store, and further up the road which has been pumps on the tables and excellent tapas and international dishes. The restaurant across the road from the Tivoli also did excellent tapas.

There is a bus stop adjacent to the hotel which takes you into Ibiza Town for €1.50, Bora Bora beach is minutes away. A taxi back from Ibiza town won’t cost anything more than €10.

All in all, for a secure clean hotel in a good part of the Island for a good price, this is a good bet.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank frozensausage
Lisbon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

One single lift for the entire complex !
Despite knowing the lift was not working, it was not repaired for 2 days!
I asked for the Director, without sucess.
His representative (who should replace him), no chance!
I asked the complaining sheet but "the office was closed" !
When I asked who was carring the luggage from the 8th floor I had no answer !!!
Arriving tired to the Tivoli and night and climb 8 foors, that´s Tivoli´s invitation.
Noisy gasts !
Dinner between 8 and 9 PM without delays please !
Shower with cold water changing suddenly to burning water. Then the opposite !
I know + than 40 countries (quite well Spain. Worked as tour guide and flight attendant) and Tivoli is the top 3 for the worse reasons. Congrats !!! Nevfer again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,908 reviews
Aparthotel Jabeque Soul
Aparthotel Jabeque Soul
#4 of 50 in Ibiza Town

Been to My Tivoli Ibiza Apartments? Share your experiences!