“Closing Parties”

Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Cheap Hotel, 200 meters from Bora Bora beach. Round the corner from Ushuaia and walking distance to Space. The pool is a little suspect but then again we just went to the beach!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZIRI84
There are newer reviews for Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights as a base for visiting the Ibiza closing parties. The service was great the apartment was a 1 bedroom and very spacious. We had clean towels every day. The Pool area was clean with a waitress service for drinks.
The decor is dated but I would defo stay here again if I needed a base in Ibiza. Ten mins walk from Space in case you need this info.
Air con was included but you need to pay 10 euro deposit for the remote.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I booked at this hotel and they were overbooked. They claimed they were sending me to an equivalent hotel, but the hotel they sent us to was absolutely uninhabitable (hotel Bossa Park), which surprisingly has two stars, from where I know what.

This hotel are now refusing to discuss giving me my money back. They gave me 1/3 of my money back, which came nowhere near the difference in price between the two hotels, even comparing their own online prices which they denied were correct. They claimed that they difference in price was made up by giving us free food which we neither asked for, wanted or used.

I strongly advise you not to book at this hotel as management 1/may not have space for you and 2/if they don't will put you in a hotel from hell and then refuse all requests for compensation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Don_J_London
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We got a phone call the night before our holiday to say our hotel had over booked and we were being moved to Tivoli apartments. We were really annoyed because the original hotel we picked was recommended by a friend and we were worried that this one would be too near all the hustle and bustle of Bora Bora.
However when we got there we were pleasantly surprised....the hotel staff were absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough for us. we arrived at 10am and couldn't check in until about 1 but that was fine because they let us pick what floor we wanted to be on and where we wanted to be situated which was great.
when we finally got in our room we found that it was lovely and spacious, very clean and you got free air con which was lovely. one of our air con units was broke and they got it fixed straight away. we sat round the pool for a little while which was nice, however the music was not really our cup of tea so we walked down to the beach which is about 3 mins away and absolutely beautiful. it is really peaceful and still only 10 minutes away from the busy Bora Bora which was excellent for us.
the hotel can be a little noisy in the night, the lift in our block was quite loud and we had a few rowdy neighbours to be honest we weren't there much and when we were we were so tired that the noise didn't really get to us, but take ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.
this is a great place to stay if you want to party in playa d'en bossa but also want to get your head down sometimes.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank missy w
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was very pleasently surprised! After reading the reviews online I thought it would be horrible, but he rooms were great - a lot of space and very comfortable. All roooms had decent size balconies. The kitchen was basic but good enough and we had a huge fridge and airconditioning in both the main room and the bedroom.
The 8 of us all had a great time and experience with this place.
The staff were friendly and always willing to help. Only bummer was we got in trouble for eating down by the pool, but we coped.
Would go back for sure.

Room Tip: If you want quieter rooms avoid the rooms surrounding the pool as there is music playing all day - i...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We booked at Tivoli which looked online like a clean, decent hotel. When we arrived, we were told they had overbooked and were sent down the road to one of their sister hotels, Bossa Park, which was one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever had the displeasure of staying at (see my very frank review on this website).

We were told that there was no option but to take the other room, it being August we had no choice. This alternative was a disgrace and the service and quality of the room would give a cheap brothel a good name.

The manager refused to see us until the next day and after an hour of arguing i was given a 30% refund, far less than should have been given the difference between the two properties pricing online and i am taking this up with booking.com, who i am expecting to refund me 100% of the cost of the room, given how disgusting the second hotel was.

This hotel company is seriously dishonest and I will be staying a very, very long way from them in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don_J_London
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was a great place to stay. The front desk who checked us in (female) was super friendly and cool. She provided us with all the information we needed. We saved a lot of money staying here because we had our own kitchen stocked up with all the utensils one could need. Had our own private deck area and it was super clean. I am very picky because I work in hotels but this was a great place. I will for sure stay here when I make my return trip to Ibiza.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
#16 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
#8 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Apartamentos Playasol My Tivoli? Share your experiences!