We had originally booked a 7 day all inclusive package at a Sirenis Playa Imperial in Cala Longa. Part of the reason for that choice was the quiet and scenic location.
So my partner and were a bit dismayed to be told by email about 6 days before departure that the Imperial would be closed and we had been transfered to the Tres Carabelas.
Even more dismayed when we read the reviews on here for the new hotel.
We could have canceled but a quick check showed we would struggle to match the extremely keen price we had got when we first booked the holiday in around March.
So we decided we would go and make the best of it.
We arrived on the 15th of October on an early flight. Got to the hotel at around 09:00 and the efficient and fairly friendly receptionist checked us in, had a look at his chart and informed us our room was ready.
We had booked one room for two adults so fully expected a room with a double bed and two singles squeezed in but on opening the door we realised we had been given a suite at the end of the hotel with a full sea view from the balcony, 1 master bedroom and one lounge / kids room. The only issue was we had only 1 single bed and a sofa in the kids room.
While we debated whether to put one of the kids on the sofa, lest we mention the missing bed and ended up being moved to a smaller room with 4 beds, there was a knock at the door. The maid was at the door with another bed so within 5 minutes, without us needing to ask the problem was solved.
The room was lovely. clean, spacious and as noted the view was fabulous.
The only fault I can think of was whenever you closed the bathroom door a metal access hatch in the bathroom ceiling would quickly rise and fall making quite a racket.
The food was superb. A good choice for all three sittings, though as noted in another review, it was not all kept warm so well, but arriving early helped. But there was plenty of choice for us and the kids. No coffee was available in the restaurant except at breakfast, which I found a bit odd. But as I smoke I was happy to get a coffee from the bar and take it out on the terrace to round off a meal!
The staff were friendly without being overly friendly. Not a problem for me as dislike service staff acting subservient. It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaking a few words of Spanish goes a long way in reducing waiting times when the bars are busier at night. And I mean a few words, I think I know about ten ! But using them seems to be appreciated.
Goods selection of drinks for all inclusive, all local variety but seemed to have all the spirits I could think off.
There is an indoor pool with sauna and jacuzzi, gym etc which is nice and warm but you need to wear a swimming hat to enter.
The actual resort of Playa D'en was very quiet, almost deserted in fact. A relief to me but a disappointment to some of the other guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mediterranean... The Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa, together with the Sirenis Hotel Goleta & Spa, forms one of the best known and renowned hotel complexes on the island with a high standard of facilities and services. Its location, on the sea front of the famous Playa d'en Bossa and close to the city centre of Ibiza, makes it one of the best positioned hotels on the island. Just 2 km from the centre of Ibiza and 6 km from the airport, the hotel is located in the heart of the well-known tourist area of Playa d'en Bossa. The Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa is ideal for couples or groups of friends, perfect for enjoying the great atmosphere on the island. Discover the attractions and services in the area, in addition to a large selection of sports on the beach, without forgetting to visit the beach clubs and famous spots on the island. Everything you need for a relaxing but fun holiday is here. The buffet restaurant has a varied cuisine where you will be able to enjoy international dishes prepared by our chefs, with the convenience of the All Inclusive board. The Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa offers the Sirenis VITAL Spa, perfect for relaxation. A full gym, 3 tennis courts and 4 paddle courts are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sirenis Hotel Club Tres Carabelas Playa d`En Bossa
- Sirenis Hotel Club Tres Carabelas And Spa
- Sirenis Hotel Tres Carabelas & Spa Ibiza/Playa D'en Bossa